RDRC S8 Round 1 - Rally Monte-Carlo (23rd - 29th January 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 217114

@Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Love the see these charts. I was can keep up with the crazy Kieran here and there. Also great to see i won some. Too bad i had a major time loss. Monaco is my worst event, next to Germany. So I am curious how the gravel stages will go. Specially Finland.

some events with 6 or 8-9 stages you organize, between the big ones :) I loved this one in Monte Carlo, even if I don't like it to much, but so much time between the two events (Sweden is again on the week after the real WRC event l guess)

Ah, It's set up with a very short 2-stage shakedown for Sweden that starts 4 days after Monte, but after that, I think I'll have enough to do with the Magazine and stuff before Sweden :)
I do agree with you that it would be fun, and I might make a bit longer shakedown events for future events ;)
Also, our main priority is to have the season running smoothly, so if thing goes faster than expected, I might have more freedom and time to set up such events as well ;)

Well, that didn't go as well as I had hoped!!

Nice and fast in SS1 and most of SS2. Then I just clipped the yellow "almost there!" signs in the exit of the penultimate turn, span my car into the wall and I lost 25 seconds doing a 10 point turn to get facing the right way :(
From there on in I could no longer sit at 90-95%, I had to go 99-110% to claw back the time, which I did in the most part. I was pleased to see some Stages where I could be within 10 seconds of P1. Then it all went downhill after the last service. I had an Italian Job moment on a snow bank, and had to hope the recovery option popped up, this took nearly a minute!.............only afterward did I realise you can reset from the pause menu :rolleyes::mad:. Guess that's one of those things you learn when you're new to a game.
Up until that point I was pretty much as far from top of class as that spin on SS2. Hopefully the snow and tarmac rallies to follow will favour me a little more.

For now, at least I finished, I just hope its in the top 10!

This is probably the round where I can do best out of all the them, which doesn't mean I like driving on tarmac on this game ;)
Done until Service D earlier today and I've gotta say I'm not too disappointed in the pace I had. I had a spin into the rocks but 'tis but a scratch, otherwise it's been smooth sailing so far. I will try to finish the rally tomorrow and hopefully keep this steady pace while trying to stay out of the trees, rocks, cliffs, banks, cars, walls, ditches and all the other dangers that would keep me from seeing the finish. Oh yeah and the car is currently pretty much livery-less because the mechanics only just managed to put it together before the shakedown because of the sudden car change! Pics tomorrow!

@Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan Looking at his picture I'd assume he's the Dutchman RacingIvysaur :)

As for me, I did a few more stages this evening/afternoon and was having a decent run, was still loosing a little bit of time here and there to Kieran but then I had a massive frustration moment, I came wide out of a 3 left on SS11 Valee en Descante (same stage that always catches me out :( ) and I just scraped the wall and at the next braking point I felt the car wanting to snap on me.

I had picked up a puncture out of scraping the wall for a few meters, right rear.

Drove as carefully as I could to at least not spin and loose even more time, I managed to bring it to the finish but as you can see, I lost a good 25 or so seconds to Kieran from doing more than half the stage on 3 wheels and 1 rim.

Still, fairly happy with where I'm at at the moment, reached the service after SS12 or 13 and am sitting in a preliminary 2nd in Class which is far better than I expected, I like the Snow and Ice but I truly hate the tarmac, it's a good thing the old girl is happy on Tarmac, it helps a little bit :)

• Deleted member 217114

Would have chosen the Stratos, but Andy (Guy who I replaced) already had chosen the Kadett, so I picked it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%