RDRC S8 Round 1 - Rally Monte-Carlo (23rd - 29th January 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the rally with the BMW. It was really fun, linking all the corners, drifting all around the corners. I had no big mistakes, only little ones but very disturbing ones.

I tried as hard as I can with BMW but the Peugeot 306 guys were very fast here, and I saw someone with a Manta to keep up with them! I hope I can make it into the top 5 in 2WD+ category :)

Wow. I was a whopping 2/10ths of a second faster than you after SS17. No sweat ;)

Doing the rally early makes it hard to know when there is a reward to push or if you can bring it home safely without risking anything. I'm glad I didn't back off too much on the last stage :)

love the numbers. started out exactly 300th overall and 82nd of 86 classified in 4WD-. Ended up 186th overall or 51st 52 in my class, so second to last, lol :) My best stage was #08 where I managed to beat 7 chaps in my class, my two worst ones were #12/17 where I only beat that one other chap. So, when's the shakedown everyone's talking about for sweden?

Provisional results are UP!
Stage by stage can be found here (Single stage results, and overall after each stage)
Overall results can be found here

UNRECOGNIZED RACENET NAMES (all 48 of you!)
If we are not notified who you are within 00:00 Friday 3rd February 2017, you will be removed from the league.
Code:
Unrecognized RaceNet: ? Python ?
Unrecognized RaceNet: 2KF1||Red Label United
Unrecognized RaceNet: Atonium83
Unrecognized RaceNet: baddogcbr929
Unrecognized RaceNet: bertalev83
Unrecognized RaceNet: Big Worm
Unrecognized RaceNet: bouckaertje
Unrecognized RaceNet: celiodavid2b
Unrecognized RaceNet: christoph1954
Unrecognized RaceNet: DetectiveGnu932 [BE]
Unrecognized RaceNet: El KaBong
Unrecognized RaceNet: Flame CZE
Unrecognized RaceNet: giannis_tz86
Unrecognized RaceNet: GinoBestia
Unrecognized RaceNet: GovaK
Unrecognized RaceNet: Heino Hinterseer
Unrecognized RaceNet: hlsubaru06
Unrecognized RaceNet: IchStopfdichaus
Unrecognized RaceNet: Its Free Real Estate
Unrecognized RaceNet: karpfingertomas
Unrecognized RaceNet: KonoEndless8Da!
Unrecognized RaceNet: kostasrallyman1
Unrecognized RaceNet: Mattysc
Unrecognized RaceNet: Maverick
Unrecognized RaceNet: mc342ui
Unrecognized RaceNet: mclanepep
Unrecognized RaceNet: mike9080
Unrecognized RaceNet: mohp
Unrecognized RaceNet: Muffin LFT
Unrecognized RaceNet: N.Grevtsidis
Unrecognized RaceNet: nano^G
Unrecognized RaceNet: Nismo_Fan
Unrecognized RaceNet: othonas
Unrecognized RaceNet: oxo711983
Unrecognized RaceNet: ozburns55
Unrecognized RaceNet: panrok
Unrecognized RaceNet: papaghost-PT
Unrecognized RaceNet: Pimenta
Unrecognized RaceNet: RBOS_00
Unrecognized RaceNet: REdOx.<333
Unrecognized RaceNet: Sainchungure
Unrecognized RaceNet: soboog
Unrecognized RaceNet: TheJanissary
Unrecognized RaceNet: Toikkari_37
Unrecognized RaceNet: Töki
Unrecognized RaceNet: Triflux
Unrecognized RaceNet: TrustDDPC BitSkins.com
Unrecognized RaceNet: verzyp

I am Big Worm, accidentally wrote ''BigWorm'' when signing up.
(Driver: Martin Schön
RaceNet name: BigWorm
Car:
Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Car Class: 4WD+
Team: Martin Schön
Number: -)'

It should be

Driver: Martin Schön
RaceNet name: Big Worm
Car: Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Number: -

Last edited:
Wow. I was a whopping 2/10ths of a second faster than you after SS17. No sweat ;)

Doing the rally early makes it hard to know when there is a reward to push or if you can bring it home safely without risking anything. I'm glad I didn't back off too much on the last stage :)
Yeah, it was close haha. I tried hard on the last stage, but not worked out enough :)
"Dude I almost had you" :laugh:

It was good fun! Happy with my driving on the dry tarmac and with Top-50 overall. Had a stupid 15 sec auto-reset penalty when I spun on top of the col at one stage, but oh well. It happened to others too I can imagine. Highlight was 6th fastest on SS8, very happy with that.

Sweden next, it will be a spin or/and roll fest for me.

Is there gonna be a team classification?
Also i saw that the stuff removed the 4WD+ classification. So drivers with 4WD+ cars only take points at the General Classification, am i right?

Really disappointed with that slip off the road on SS12, I was doing rather well, up till that point, especially that on SS11 I had 4th time in class :confused:. Was not expecting to be that fast, felt probably too confident after that stage and went off on a corner I know... Just got a little deconcentrated, but I'm happy I was keeping up with the fastest guys without setup (I only changed the gear ratios) after a month of break from DiRT, so that is a good sign. Was close to top10 in class whole time, really close results with other guys, next rallies will be interesting as well, especially Finland and how many services will be there :D

Provisional results are UP!
Stage by stage can be found here (Single stage results, and overall after each stage)
Overall results can be found here

UNRECOGNIZED RACENET NAMES (all 48 of you!)
If we are not notified who you are within 00:00 Friday 3rd February 2017, you will be removed from the league.
Code:
Unrecognized RaceNet: Töki

Damn Steam changed my nick...

Code:
Wrong RaceNet name: banfwd
New RaceNet name: Töki

Unrecognized RaceNet: ozburns55
Sorry, guys, I signed up as "ozcanuck55", but Racenet ID is "ozburns55". Thanks for heads up!

Thanks! :)

Old name : Kostas Soukos
New name: kostasrallyman1
Race number:------

Thanks! :)

@Ole Marius Myrvold @Michael Nelson
KonoEndless8Da! Is me - not sure where the mismatch came from as that's the racenet name I signed up with! :/

We missed the "!" on our sign up, and somehow missed it when we checked for spelling errors last night. Our fault, not yours ;)

that'll be me. This is my PSN so you must be looking at the list with a connected PSN account. I'd suggest to look at the list while not signed in so you can see racenet names. :thumbsup:

I don't even have a PSN account :) I am looking at X1 and PS4 from my Steam account :) But we'll know who you are now, thanks! :)

@Ole Marius Myrvold
baddogcbr929 is @Baddog Andy Blade, he was my first teammate, he did the rally for fun, will let him reply if he will join actually

Yup, but he specifically signed out, and was replaced by Rinus, so if he wants to compete in some rallies he must sign up again :)

this is my racenet username for PC. i am racing with my xboxone and my xbox racenet name is LT Janissary which i signed up with. if the system will recognise me with TheJanissary then use it. my sign-up post is as follows:
Code:
Driver: Mucahit Can
RaceNet name: LT Janissary
Car: 64 Mini Cooper S
Car Class: 2WD-
Team: Mucahit Can

I have read and understand the rules and agree to abide by them for the duration of
RDRC S8. Yes

Great! Thanks! :)

I am Big Worm, accidentally wrote ''BigWorm'' when signing up.
(Driver: Martin Schön
RaceNet name: BigWorm
Car:
Ford Fiesta RS WRC
Number: -)'

It should be

Driver: Martin Schön
RaceNet name: Big Worm
Car: Ford Fiesta RS WRC

Ah! :) Thanks!

Unrecognized RaceNet: papaghost-pt I signed up as "papaghost-pt", but Racenet ID is "papaghost-PT". Thanks for heads up!

Hmm, that should've been spotted by the change in our program, anyway, thanks! :)

Sorry boys. My RaceNet name is Rubens as stated in the signup. Due to being connected to my steam which was changed to 2KF1||Red Label United the other night by a drunk friend and I didn't realise until I had finished the rally

Ye, Steam will override the nick in 99% of the situations :) Thanks! :)

Is there gonna be a team classification?
Also i saw that the stuff removed the 4WD+ classification. So drivers with 4WD+ cars only take points at the General Classification, am i right?

When points are given, you will have team classification.
4WD+ is like WRC in real life, scores overall, that's it.

Damn Steam changed my nick...

Code:
Wrong RaceNet name: banfwd
New RaceNet name: Töki

Indeed it does, thanks! :)

until an Austin Powers moment...

8Mx6l.gif

? ;D

I finished but I didn't have great rally. Certainly last week was a lesson on why sports people prepare and work hard to stay fit and well. I had a rough week with running around for the family and picking up a bad cold so I pretty much just had time to get online and drive the rally over Thurs, and Sat and Sun between stuff.

I decided to play it safe and steady but that doesn't work as 3-4 corners into each stage I think - could of made time here or here and end up flat out. All was well ish till SS7-8. I ran a bit wide, clipped a gap in the wall, stopped dead, crunched the bodywork and got my first ever monte carlo puncture. I followed that up with a few trips parking it on top of snow banks with no traction. A lesson of coming to the game when you are fresh and warmed up!

The Rally was very fun though, I love the changeover from some stages of going steady drifting on the ice the as soon as the road is black going into full on race attack mode! On PS4 it is hard to judge performance because there are not a lot of 2WD drivers but I was happy with my speed until I had my bump.

Big congrats to all winners, especially 2WD- top drivers! Here I was thinking I had a decent run through but end up barely finishing on points. I've learnt my lesson and in Sweden it's time to attack properly although Stratos with its pointy shape doesn't always come along well with the snowbanks :p

Yeah, congrats to all finishers, and of course the winners! :)
Turns out I was very nearly quick enough to get some points - P21. Argh. Nuff said.... :rolleyes: (At least it was fun!)

! Thanks Admins for this AWESOME RD championship !

I knew right from the start that with my "old lady" ( Focus WRC 07 ) I wouldn't be an threat to the top drivers in the 4WD + class but hey I' AM in it for the fun :-D
Seeing my name in the "lead up to Monte" magazine made me proud but also nervous. I 'am not exactly even steven or better compared with those "Aliens" in the top positions :-D :-D

I'am so impressed with the layout of the "xtras" in this championship, for example the magazine and all the info making it a real buzz when you're competing!

Wishing u ALL other competitors the best of luck in the "Vargåsen" or "Wolfsridge" stages in upcoming RD Rally Sweden ( an hey if u r to compete in the real event, Good Luck to u as well ;-)
And a tip from an Varmland,Sweden citizen: DON'T let go of the throttle when u're in trouble with those snowbanks ;-)

/ fedorico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back