RDRC S8 Round 1 - Rally Monte-Carlo (23rd - 29th January 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha... 21 of 30 people finished in 2WD+, and guess who was 21st? :p Wait a minute... that's only one place off the points! Noooo! :cry:
Not bad mate ;) 51 finished, 28 DNF'ed in 4WD- and I'm lucky number 21 in class with 4seconds to 20 position :D

Last edited:
Not bad mate ;) 51 finished, 28 DNF'ed in 4WD- and I'm lucky number 21 in overall with 4seconds to 20 position :D
I was nearly in the very same position as you guys... 21st overall in the provisional results, less than 5 seconds behind p20, which feels pretty close after 70 minutes of driving! And then an unknown Racenet name cost one of the top 20 his result and I got my name into the points. Yay, sort-of - kinda mixed feelings about it obvs. :unsure: Bummer for the other guy.

Hello RD. I would like to ask.. I have signed in into this championship. I can find my self on the list with number 148. I have completed the rally monte carlo with DNF but I finished like 6 stages but I cant find my self on the result list. Not at any stages and not even on the finish list between DNF drivers. How is that possible?

Are you on this list?

Provisional results are UP!
Stage by stage can be found here (Single stage results, and overall after each stage)
Overall results can be found here

UNRECOGNIZED RACENET NAMES (all 48 of you!)
If we are not notified who you are within 00:00 Friday 3rd February 2017, you will be removed from the league.
Code:
Unrecognized RaceNet: ? Python ?
Unrecognized RaceNet: 2KF1||Red Label United
Unrecognized RaceNet: Atonium83
Unrecognized RaceNet: baddogcbr929
Unrecognized RaceNet: bertalev83
Unrecognized RaceNet: Big Worm
Unrecognized RaceNet: bouckaertje
Unrecognized RaceNet: celiodavid2b
Unrecognized RaceNet: christoph1954
Unrecognized RaceNet: DetectiveGnu932 [BE]
Unrecognized RaceNet: El KaBong
Unrecognized RaceNet: Flame CZE
Unrecognized RaceNet: giannis_tz86
Unrecognized RaceNet: GinoBestia
Unrecognized RaceNet: GovaK
Unrecognized RaceNet: Heino Hinterseer
Unrecognized RaceNet: hlsubaru06
Unrecognized RaceNet: IchStopfdichaus
Unrecognized RaceNet: Its Free Real Estate
Unrecognized RaceNet: karpfingertomas
Unrecognized RaceNet: KonoEndless8Da!
Unrecognized RaceNet: kostasrallyman1
Unrecognized RaceNet: Mattysc
Unrecognized RaceNet: Maverick
Unrecognized RaceNet: mc342ui
Unrecognized RaceNet: mclanepep
Unrecognized RaceNet: mike9080
Unrecognized RaceNet: mohp
Unrecognized RaceNet: Muffin LFT
Unrecognized RaceNet: N.Grevtsidis
Unrecognized RaceNet: nano^G
Unrecognized RaceNet: Nismo_Fan
Unrecognized RaceNet: othonas
Unrecognized RaceNet: oxo711983
Unrecognized RaceNet: ozburns55
Unrecognized RaceNet: panrok
Unrecognized RaceNet: papaghost-PT
Unrecognized RaceNet: Pimenta
Unrecognized RaceNet: RBOS_00
Unrecognized RaceNet: REdOx.<333
Unrecognized RaceNet: Sainchungure
Unrecognized RaceNet: soboog
Unrecognized RaceNet: TheJanissary
Unrecognized RaceNet: Toikkari_37
Unrecognized RaceNet: Töki
Unrecognized RaceNet: Triflux
Unrecognized RaceNet: TrustDDPC BitSkins.com
Unrecognized RaceNet: verzyp

I edited my racenet name before deadline (in the dedicated tread) but I can't find myself in the results :O

Hmm, it seems like the name you put on "Old RaceNet name" is the name that have been shown there. As it is the "old" name that is listed as unknown.
The issue there is that the process is automatic, and the manual checks we do, don't cover everything.

I would guess for a programme/routine identifying in-game names and linking them to real names it will make a huge difference, I suppose. If I were the organizers I would not browse through all this data myself, i'd let a machine do the job.

This is indeed the case. To make it very simple. The program takes the data from the ResultParser - put's in all the times etc. and looks at the name. e.g "Myrvold" and then looks through the data that's been put in. And it sees that if the name "Myrvold" is somewhere, it will be replaced with "Ole Marius Myrvold". That's how it works for all drivers. It was case sensitive, but that's been removed. However, any additions to the names. Name changes, spacings etc. cause the program to not find the nickname, and thus it will not be replaced with any real name.

Now, we initially go through the list manually to see if we've made stupid errors. The way we do that, is to search in the Sign Up-thread for names. However, the search function isn't perfect, and we can search on stuff we know are in the thread, and still get "no matches".
Personally I also took a few names and entered in to Steam, to see if I could figure out some, but with 4 out of 5 having a private profile I gave up.

Mathieu, you are not kicked out of the league though ;) However, as the actual name was wrong, and never got corrected, your dnf won't be reinstated on the Monte-list.

Only seven Alpines out of the 300 cars! Cheers guys! Rally for the pleasure is also the option in RDRC. Cheers for every oldtimers! also noAlpiners:) ;)

Hopefully rallying for the pleasure is the main option here :) At least that's the aim for the series. While we aim to make it look at professional as we can, the championship have survived on the people doing it for fun. To keep that spirit is the aim :)

Hopefully rallying for the pleasure is the main option here :) At least that's the aim for the series. While we aim to make it look at professional as we can, the championship have survived on the people doing it for fun. To keep that spirit is the aim :)
Some in the ranking are highier than others but yes, above of all is the relax with a little smell of competition :) and digital fumes of course:) Which I love most. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back