RDRC S8 Round 0 - Test Rally (9th - 15th January 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made it! Not so great result but in rehearsal achievement is not so important. For now 36 participants finished the event... C'mon guys!
QwQdCkq.jpg

I think I was 24th of 25 when I eventually finished yesterday. But another way of looking at it is that I was 24th of over 200. Yeah, that's how I'm going to look at it. :p There'll probably be an influx of people finishing soon though with the weekend approaching.

Well that was a pretty poor run from me. As expected asphalt is where my strength lies, being pretty much on the pace for stages there. But everywhere else was pretty poor, averaging around fifteen or so seconds off the pace which is a damn awful showing really.

Had a puncture on the fifth stage which I feel a bit duped by, as sometimes that sort of contact doesn't give one and then sometimes it does, got unlucky this time. With a good thirty seconds or so lost from that and a sluggish last stage I think I've got some work to do to give a proper showing for this.

Anyway, a few pics from Sweden and Finland below for those interested.
20170112185809_1.jpg
20170112185858_1.jpg
20170112195909_1.jpg

Not to worry buddy, I did most of a stage with no tyre at all. Finally gave up and got it repaired for a 90 second penalty, then found the finish line 10 seconds way around the very next corner! Doh! :O_o:

Not to worry buddy, I did most of a stage with no tyre at all. Finally gave up and got it repaired for a 90 second penalty, then found the finish line 10 seconds way around the very next corner! Doh! :O_o:
Ah, yeah gotta hate that! I was going to repair mine but I figured I wouldn't make up the time from repairing it over just limping through with the puncture, happened just after the first split too so was a dicing rest of the stage!

I absolutely loved these stages. I had a pretty good run. A couple walltaps on monaco, lost around 30secs per stage on sweden. Just as expected. Then onto Greece, all went well until naar the end of second stage where i got sideways on the narrowest part of the stage. Rockwall in front, Cliff behind... Lost at least 30 sec there. Finland: love IT. On germany, i was flabbergasted, my times were only 5 and 7 sec slower than leader according to racenet. I went seriously up in the leaderboard. But then Wales... 3rd corner i understeered into tree's and got stuck. Had to reset. Finished overall not to bad but hats off to the guy from Greece who did a blistering good rally in a grp A car.

Can't complain too much about my run.
In crashes and general lack of practice I probably wasted about a minute, but that wouldn't have changed my finishing position very much :)

To my surprise, despite the stages being short and servicing every second one, my car got steadily more damaged and the turbo was in really bad shape at the end. Doesn't normally happen to me so maybe I was just screwing up more often :confused:

Much to learn. Did rather well on the tarmac stages and on Snow, dumb mistakes on Greece and Wales didn't help as well, I hope I can prepare myself better for the actual stages.

Even if not, a fun experience to learn something new:)

Thanks to the organizers for a great test, it was really nice running someone else's roadbook for a change!

Took out the 2007 Focus for testing, even tho I will be running the 306 Maxi this season. It has been quite a while since I ran that car and I forgot how much fun it is to drive. Since there was no pressure I ran it completely flat out.

Took me a bit to get into the swing of things in the French Alps, but kept it clean thru those stages. In Sweden I just let loose and I was just ripping thru the first stage, until I drifted into the snow just enough to send my car into a massive roll (see rally world). Finland was much the same, I usually brake at the tops of jumps, this time I was going for max hangtime (and max in-the-trees-time).

The rest of the rally was much the same, just really pushing past my limit, something I don't do much of. Feeling like a hero for half a stage until the inevitable mistake. It was really fun since there was no pressure, and I really enjoyed just going flat out in a WRC car.

To my surprise, despite the stages being short and servicing every second one, my car got steadily more damaged and the turbo was in really bad shape at the end. Doesn't normally happen to me so maybe I was just screwing up more often :confused:

Might be because the team of mechanics is alot worse than your career mechanics, who can rebuild 50% of your car in under 30 minutes :)

Might be because the team of mechanics is alot worse than your career mechanics, who can rebuild 50% of your car in under 30 minutes :)
Ahh yes, I was wondering about that :)
I had been thinking I should go back to my screenshots and double-check the "skill" column... I just did it and oh dear - indeed they are a useless bunch of cretins with skill levels in the 50s. That explains it nicely, cheers!

Ahh yes, I was wondering about that :)
I had been thinking I should go back to my screenshots and double-check the "skill" column... I just did it and oh dear - indeed they are a useless bunch of cretins with skill levels in the 50s. That explains it nicely, cheers!

Yes. This is a choice we've made. No career engineers and no career cars. This makes it more equal. I don't feel that offline driving should impact an online league :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%