RDRC S7 Round 6 - South Swedish Rally (14th - 16th June 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Poster
2T3ukfv.jpg

Last edited:
12428880354_721a6230d6_o.jpg

South Swedish Rally
14th - 16th June 2015
ITINERARY:

SS01 - Australia - New Bobs (Gravel - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)
SS02 - BTB Sweden - Limbo (Gravel - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)
SS03 - Australia - Greenhills (Gravel - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)

Service

SS04 - France - Vieux Moulin (Gravel - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)
SS05 - BTB Sweden - Kippinge (Gravel - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)

Service

SS06 - England - Sheperds Shield (Gravel - Rain Light Cloud - New - Damp - Day)
SS07 - BTB Sweden - Hygget (Gravel - Crisp Clear - New - Dry - Day)
SS08 - England - Harwood Forest (Gravel - Rain Light Cloud - New - Damp - Day)

SESSIONS:

RDRC S7 Round 6 US1 - Sunday 14/06/2015 02:00 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 OC1 - Sunday 14/06/2015 09:30 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 EU1 - Sunday 14/06/2015 19:00 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 US2 - Monday 15/06/2015 02:00 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 OC2 - Monday 15/06/2015 09:30 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 EU2 - Monday 15/06/2015 19:00 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 US3 - Tuesday 16/06/2015 02:00 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 OC3 - Tuesday 16/06/2015 09:30 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 EU3 - Tuesday 16/06/2015 19:00 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 US4 - Wednesday 17/06/2015 02:00 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 OC4 - Wednesday 17/06/2015 09:30 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 EU4 - Wednesday 17/06/2015 19:00 GMT

NOTES:
  • You will require the RSRBR 2015 mod in order to participate, please see theinstallation and usage thread..
  • Update 04 with Fix 04 is mandatory to be able to participate in this event.
  • If you are new to RSRBR, we have also provided a guide for RSCenter.
  • This is a league rally, car selections & regulations can be found in the rules thread and you can join the championship here.
  • Click here to read the password.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended and adds to the fun.
  • If you have not signed up for the championship here, please signup for the round below with your name and RSRBR Username.
  • IMPORTANT - At the end of the rally, take a screenshot of RSCenter, or save your times. If there is a discrepancy in the results, this is the only evidence you'll have to get your times corrected.

Last edited:
8 stages!?

woow, an unusually short rally to end the season, everything gets decided here, I need to finish ahead of Magnar to take the title and he needs to podium if I finished outside the points.

It's flat out in the fight to take the overall title, after having won the teams championship clearly ahead of Walk Racing.

Good luck to all participants and let's hope for a great finish to the season!

Last edited:
8 stages!?

woow, an unusually short rally to end the season, everything gets decided here, I need to finish ahead of Magnar to take the title and he needs to podium if I finished outside the points.

It's flat out in the fight to take the overall title, after having won the teams championship clearly ahead of Walk Racing.

Good luck to all participants and let's hope for a great finish to the season!
I'm not sure about the kilometre-count, but since we run Vieux-Moulin (20km!), I think we are not far away from the average length anyways :)

What Roy says is true :) The length of the rally shouldn't be much shorter than the others, in fact, 64.7km is the shortest rally so far (Alsace). This should be 70 +/- 5.

Also, you may have noticed some extra sessions. Due to how late I was able to get this post out. 3 sessions on Wednesday is also granted.

RDRC S7 Round 6 US4 - Wednesday 17/06/2015 02:00 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 OC4 - Wednesday 17/06/2015 09:30 GMT
RDRC S7 Round 6 EU4 - Wednesday 17/06/2015 19:00 GMT

Last edited:
Well that wasn't spectacular. Retirement on that monster stage after mishearing a pacenote and another CFH when I got stuck in the smallest of ditches on SS7. Last stage was a blast though.

Started with spins on ss1 and ss2. The driving was really bad on ss3, then I spun and struggeled more on ss4, loosing lots and lots of time. Did fairly ok on ss5 and 6, then I got a good time on ss7.
Sliding around on the final stage to get an okay-ish time, and finishing about a minute behind Magnar. I'm not confident that it is a time that will give me that many points, but at least I finished without any CFH or DNF, so there could be a point or two in reward for the Polo.

Last round finished. Was a little bit rusty in the Ds3 WRC. A while since driving it so took 3-4 stages to speed up. Had a good last stage in Harwood forest. Manage to whoop Magnar on last stage that saved my rally:ninja: Fun to test out the mighty DS3 WRC this season. But next season it will we a lower class car. No pro grade please :p
Many drivers on EU session made it a fun round.

Thanks for the season everyone and have a nice holiday.

Organizers has done a real good job and especially with the videos :thumbsup:

Last round and no preparation, but it's in my country, so how hard can it be:).
SS01 Open carefully
SS02OK
SS03 One roll due to to much cutting, lost about 50s
SS04 I realized that I never driven this stage before, this resulted in a small off wíth a broken radiator and the engine gave up 7k before the finish of the stage. DNF
SS05 Some small misstakes
SS06 ok stage
SS07 almost spun once
SS08 Finished the season

Thanks to the organizers and all others for this season!

Well after a very steep learning curve the season is over and I have finally found some form with everything I have tried to find consistency and more importantly keep the car on the road.
SS1- Smooth running, couple of close calls but got away with them
SS2 - Going well until I caught the marble wall with the rear and couldn't get the car out of the slide and stalled and lost 10-15sec but no damage and lived to fight another day
SS3 - Smooth running, just trying to keep the car on the road
SS4 - Drove at 95% because of the default time it was key to make it to the end and set a time and did just that
SS5 -No problem getting into a good rhythm now
SS6 - One of my favorite stages and knowledge was key to go fast in the rain
SS7 - Drove carefully because I was on intermediate tires on dry gravel and tarmac and didn't want to ruin my rally so close to the end
SS8 - Drove flat out as another stage I like, especially the light gravel section where its fast and flowing and you just chuck the car about connecting the dots between the corners and set a time I was pleased with.

Really eventful season with many high's and low's but I already cant wait for next season to try to get good results every rally and be in with a shout of winning the title.
Thanks to the organizers for setting this all up has been faultless all season.

End of the season.

This time I'm pleased to say that I didn't fall into any voids and didn't retire on any stage, I kept a completely comfortable rythm as far as I could and my rally was mostly possitive.

The first loop was the best I could've realistically hoped for and I'm very satisfied with my pace there, kept a good nerve and set a very consistent pace.

The second loop was a bit negative as I overshoot into a tree and lost a bit of time on the Vieux Moulin stage only to get stuck for more than 20 seconds on a ditch less than 500 meters from the end, I'm glad those were my only mistakes but dissatisfied for my time as I completed the stage about 30 seconds faster in practice, the second stage of the second loop was also a bit dissapointing as I jumped too far on a crest and landed in some logs which cost me a bit of time as well.

The third loop was very possitive like the first one and I'm pretty happy with my time on Shepherds Shield as I really enjoy that stage, the last stage very emotional and I maybe lost 2 or 3 seconds at the end but very happy with that stage.

I'm dissapointed with the BTB stages because they always lag on my pc and they ussually have terrible pacenotes, I also disliked the Vieux Moulin stage because it's a bit laggy on my PC and its pacenotes are simply terrible, but despite those negative points if somebody had told me I would be driving like this in this rally in the week I would've taken it with both arms, no calls for help and about 35 seconds lost in total is a very good deal considering the stages.

Now I'm waiting for the results and hoping for some amazing news regarding the championship, Mike and Sandro are very strong so I think it may be close in the end.

Thank you to the organizers and good luck to everyone who is left to run this rally I hope you have a good ending to your season like I did.

The end of the season came with some really enjoyable stages!

Just started this rally with no practice due to other stuff happening (including Le Mans, I strongly recommend it to any racing person, yolo!) and that resulted in lots of spins and a few rolls during the first stages, but was lucky to get away with no damage and always landing on the wheels.

Then I found a new favourite stage, this Vieux Moulin! Absolutely loved driving it, managed to come to the end without a single hitch at my first ever try; the time might be crap but i don't even care :cool:

Also enjoyed the Hygget stage with intermediates, had some close calls and wide slides, and even got stuck in a ditch a few hundred metres before the end, but always a smile on my face nonetheless :)

I'm glad to have made it to the end of a "clean" rally again, a great way to end a great season! Guys, thanks for all the work you have done and the time you have spared for this, you deserve many :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%