RDRC S7 Round 5 - Barum Rally (24th - 26th May 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I couldn't login to the session tonight, it wasn't appearing on the Start Online Session page, and Ole, quite rightly said it wouldn't be fair for me to run in private and then pass on details. A real shame, but it looked like a rally of attrition!

I get married this weekend, so didn't have anytime to practice, looking forward to the final round and hoping for a strong end to the season.

I bunged up my knee last week, so wasn't able to practice until Saturday. I was initially intending to just take it easy, and protect my third spot in the championship. When I was reading through this thread and seeing so many have problems though, I decided this would be a great opportunity to push and try to get a win.

The past two days I've gotten in some good practice. Bumpy tarmac isn't my favourite surface, but I was getting a pretty good feel.

Ran in the EU3 session this morning, pushed very hard, but wasn't able to overcome Sandro in my session. Really gutted to have a CFH after hitting a spectator standing outside a corner on SS10. I'm happy with my pace, I was at my practice pace this time, which is good because the past few rallyes, I haven't been able to match my practice speed. Really looking forward to returning to gravel for the final round.

Well done to Sandro for topping the session, some very quick times on the stages.

Cheers all :)

After a bad result at Round 3 and in practice for Round 4 my graphics card died and left me realize Round 4, with complicated championship accounts and only one pass through the stages before the start of the session, best thing to do was to realize stages with caution and "attack" where he knew he could and had confidence.

After also read what had happened with other opponents, especially @Manuel De Samaniego , to accomplish good evidence could not make serious mistakes.

Basically a rally was held in "Safe Mode" with some small errors and exaggerations in the initial half of the race they were doing me lose several seconds, but still managed to win a margin of 45s for @Michael Nelson, just always had his pressure on top of me.

In SS7 and SS8 had no confidence and did not risk anything, losing only about 5s judge me for Michael, which was positive and then was to maintain security in the remaining sections missing.

On SS10 I get a lot of room for him due to the mistake he made, but I lost concentration and SS11 have a violent accident and I get damage to the car make it drag on the stretch, losing about 35s only in SS11 to Michael and getting around 38s advantage.

For SS12 and with so damaged car knew I had to walk as much as you could to try to keep ahead and got happily ending with 20s advantage.

It was a great fight with @Michael Nelson in the session, now waiting to see the final results of the rally and see how will be the classification of the championship into the final round.

Thanks to the excellent organization proves that held again

Hey! I got points! Woot!

Guess that is what happens when proper practice + respect and understanding of the stages works. Even then I only achieved that on half the stages, most of which were only the forward runs.
But a good day for me, and the team with double points in RDRC-2. And to think I know so many places where I could have found that 2 seconds @Ole Marius Myrvold :p

Whaaaaaa? Does that mean I'm 3rd in class? And only only +time lost on Pribram behind the leader (we were neck to neck on most of the stages)?

Blimey, I didn't expect that! Moar Czech asphalt, please! Really looking forward to the highlights now, I am real happy I decided to join the Champ ^^. Switching to paddles + handbrake on the shifter must've helped a bit too ;)

Congrats to all the finishers, it was quite a challenge!

I'm shocked to be fourth :confused:

First three stages were good but after those I just drove so badly and slowly damaging my car, calling for help and killing marshalls. I basically killed my car on the finish line of SS4 and had to crawl through the next two. I was so sure I had once again thrown the podium finish out the window that I decided to just enjoy the ride and increase the risk level. I was crashing so much after that and to finish fourth is just incredible :laugh:

E. Just noticed I got an overall point too?! :roflmao:

Sad about the end result, so the championship accounts are quite complicated for me now.

I lost the rally in the last 2 stages, which lost about 1 minute and get in the end the victory 7s, very disappointing, but the rallies are yet to pass the making of the final stage times, it's rally.

Congratulations to @Magnar Haarstadsveen by excellent regularity, consistency and speed, deserved victory for the excellent progress shown in all the rallies held so far

Nobody can catch you anyway Karl, but thanks for the boost of points we all got :D

Wow, we have the paradox of the rally: It's faster to drive slowly. :O_o:
As my times show, i was never near the fastest times the whole rally; although I had a real blast in Liptakov 1 and had a great feeling, but Ole Marius' time made my feeling quite shortlived :laugh:

Overall points and everything! You guys were too nice this rally :redface::roflmao: especially since tarmac is my least favourite surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back