RDRC S7 Round 2 - Rally Norway (22nd-24th March 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah well.. that didint go well. 2 last stages to go... diamond creek.. small mistake, hit a rock. engine lost oil, no way to get to finish. rally over. Hats off to Ole who drove really fast, good job.

im gona go and hang myself now for letting overtrying get better of me

Viesturs Priede haha :D

Not bad rally. Only 1 Call for help at Harwood Forest, i turned into the opposite direction at a corner LOL.
Very bad Karlstad stages for me, i messed up with reversing on both stage.
I nailed SS12 Diamond Creek, it feeled very good with the Corsa.
Last stage i rolled over but i lost only 1 sec to my previous time :roflmao:
I had a nice fight on the rally with Oscar Hardwick, i beat him only 6 sec. Nice rally mate! ;)

Last edited:
WoW!

Not a single mistake in the rally, not a spin, not a slide-to-stop, not a roll. Nothing!
And fairly good speed as well.
The only problem I could see was that I became aware of the speed and position already on SS7, the first Karlstad-stage. And drove safe from that stage on. Which means that I probably lost out some seconds on each stage. Nevertheless, the closest to perfect I've ever been!

Struggling with oversteer :p
3 spins on stage 3
1 spin on stage 4
30sec trying to get out of a ditch, had to CFH which lost me another 20sec on stage 5 :poop:
Didnt see that rock :confused: thankfully no damage on stage 6
Most fun stage imo was stage 9
.... or stage 10 :D
.... or... Ive realised how fun it is when you get the confidence :laugh::laugh:
Me being stupid, I saved last stage replay as SS12 and that overwrote the actual SS12... Ill put a screenshot with the time in the file with the replays.
Overview of my rally - much better than round 1, Im not very good on snow so Im very satisfied with how I drove on the last few stages. cant wait for tarmac
I HOPE THIS IS THE CORRECT TOPIC THIS TIME

Righty then. Rally review time.

SS1 : Not bad, had a reasonable pace but saw immediately that Ole was going to be on a different planet today and accepted defeat early.

SS2 : Much of the same. Just plugged away and set a respectable but not blistering time with no mistakes or offs.

----

SS3 : Well, I could have called this happening. 3 turns in and I got hurtling off in to the foliage. Pretty severe damage to the left suspension and a car that went from chronic understeer to snap oversteer to deal with for the first 3 stage loop.

SS4 : This is where my quality really fell off. A sensible person would have gone for damage limitation and lost some time but not too much. I rolled, CFH and a couple of spins later I was not a happy bunny.

SS5 : Eh, I span (again) losing another 15 or so seconds making it well over a minute lost on this loop. Harwood forest is a mare of a stage at the best of times but today it bit back FAR more than usual.

----

SS6 : Sikakama. Such a pleasant blast here. Same as the first two stages not too quick but plenty of maturity to bring it home in one piece.

SS7 : First run through karlstad was uneventful. Quick and without errors. Happy times.

----

SS8 : Second run through karlstad and my immaturity of SS3-SS5 kicked back in. Locked all 4 in to T1 and whacked the outside wall. Time lost and a steamy bonnet meant this loop was going to be horrible.

SS9 : Peklo actually lent itself to short shifting. I tapped a post and got what felt like a puncture about half way through but it didn't hamper my progress all that much. A good stage all things considered.

SS10 : Gentle run through here just trying to find a suitable rhythm. Not fast but certainly not fistfuls of time lost. Ended up losing no more than 30 seconds through the entire loop on my normal pace despite nursing a battered Evo III.

----

SS11 : Final loop. Attacked the stage and set a time I was really happy with. No mistakes and really representative of what I should have been doing all rally.

SS12 : Again. I don't even like Diamond Creek but it felt hooked up and I didn't take any risks resulting in an entirely respectable run through.

SS13 : Finally at the end of the rally and I go and spin it pushing like a complete wally. This stage pretty well summed up what I did wrong today which was a lack of good pacing and an outright immature drive on what is a good surface for me historically speaking.

Very disappointed with today's run and with TommiO having his late issues it'll be a tricky one to come back from team wise. Hopefully next time out will be more like round 1 for me and produce a better set of results. For now I am just keeping my fingers crossed for a Group A podium and RDRC 2 points from this one.

Well done again to Ole who was on a different level to us normal folk tonight. Lovely scrap with Acer and the Opel towards the end with plenty of close and competitive times.

See you all next time and thanks for organizing another wonderful rally.

- Oscar.

This is where I left any chances of a top 10 on SS03. I was too far to the right going onto the bridge, and clipped it hard.
rbr_008%20%282%29.jpg

The rest of the stages was fairly okay, not the best of rallies, but still far from the worst I've done. I am really pleased with my times on both Autiovaara-stages, I really felt good on those :)
Looking forward to gravel and specially tarmac now, those surface suit me a lot better.

SS1 : Not bad, had a reasonable pace but saw immediately that Ole was going to be on a different planet today and accepted defeat early.

Well, in reality it's only Kaihuavaara I'm that fast on. The rest of the snowbank snow stages are fairly OK. The snow stages without snowbanks are awful, and I'm not able to drive like I want at all.
The nice thing for me today, was that after 2-3 stages, you, Ojala and Leitner swapped around being faster than me, so I didn't loose anytime to you in total, so I could just relax and don't push too hard :)

Guys, do You get the same stuff on a windsheld on heavy snow conditions?
xaqfwo.jpg

You can also go into the RichardBurnsRally.ini and set the RenderQuality = medium (instead of high). It should fix the problem and you can still use your cockpit view.

Only downside i found is that the drawing distance for some objects is shorter, but again, it's just in a couple of stages in this rally, you can change the file even with RSRBR running.

Thank you to the organizers.

I didn't sign up for this, but did run it as a test to see how the online part works (never drove online before). Glad I did, otherwise I think I would've been mad. Right when ss1 loads, I realize I hadn't started camhack and for me, if I try to minimize and then go back into game it freezes. So I had to quit. I also didn't realize you can select your setup for each stage. I had my setups adjusted per loop. I assume that the car is repaired automatically during the service breaks?

Aside from that, just some bonehead mistakes I made. Like in the last corner right before the finish blocks on ss2, I decided I really needed to glance at something on my desk, flipped the car and landed in that group of spectators. Overall it was fun, I'll sign up for future events. Thanks again to the people that put this altogether.

You can also go into the RichardBurnsRally.ini and set the RenderQuality = medium (instead of high). It should fix the problem and you can still use your cockpit view.

Only downside i found is that the drawing distance for some objects is shorter, but again, it's just in a couple of stages in this rally, you can change the file even with RSRBR running.

In fact you can change the settings per stage in RSRBR in the "Set Specific Resolutions for this Stage" menu. (Below stage selection). It's quite handy for some of the less-optimized stages such as Shomaru which seem to challenge even a modern PC (and the BTB stages too)

I realize I hadn't started camhack and for me, if I try to minimize and then go back into game it freezes. So I had to quit.

I suspect you are running fullscreen?
If you run in borderless Windowed mode (richardburns.ini 'fullscreen = 0' and fixup.ini 'windowed fullscreen = 1') you can alt tab without issues.

In fact you can change the settings per stage in RSRBR in the "Set Specific Resolutions for this Stage" menu. (Below stage selection). It's quite handy for some of the less-optimized stages such as Shomaru which seem to challenge even a modern PC (and the BTB stages too)

I have also read this solution in RallyeSim, but for some reason that button is greyed out in my RSRBR and nothing happens when i click it... :O_o:

I suspect you are running fullscreen?
If you run in borderless Windowed mode (richardburns.ini 'fullscreen = 0' and fixup.ini 'windowed fullscreen = 1') you can alt tab without issues.
Yeah I've tried it in the past, but the performance hit is quite a bit. Usually it's not an issue, just another mistake I made. I will have to tie a string around my finger to make sure it doesn't happen next time. Hopefully I'll remember what the string is for. ;)

Prologue - very low practice, didn't even tried some of the stages.

SS1 - Kaihuavaara & SS2 - Diamond Creek - No drama, getting into the feel, enjoyful loop.
SS3 - Harwood Forrest II - Had spin at one of the 90 degree turn in the middle sector, got stuck off road. Time wasn't that bad luckily.
SS4 - Mustaselka & SS5 - Harwood Forrest - Tried to be consistant, guys are really fast...
SS6 - Sikakama - I think it was last season when I was driving this stage last time, luckily I remembered tricky-crashy parts, so no drama. Didn't gave away that much seconds than I expected.
SS7 - Karlstad & SS8 Karlstad - No action whatsoever. Probably most boring driver on this stage.
SS9 - Peklo - Least enjoyable stage this time, but it added some variety. I expected to be slower on this stage, even though I lost 13 secs to stage winner of my session...
SS10 & SS11 & SS12 & SS13 - PUSHING LIKE MAD.

Awesome session, really close times. Can't wait for joint results.

Last edited:
The rally went off to a cautious start; slow times to begin with, but satisfied above all with the first loop.

With the confidence growing I decided to push a bit, and got an immediate reality check when driving too fast over the water crossing at SS3 Harwood Forest 2. Huge nose landing, almost frontflipping the car, "I spun in the air... SPUN! Oioioi... big moment!" so I had to reverse at the junction while giving the closest shave to some spectators.
Effectively, cautiousness kicked in again and the rest of the loop went slowly and smoothly.

Apart from a nice jump over a 5 Left over crest turn towards the end of SS6 Sikakama, the third loop was quite uneventful.
Meanwhile between stages and service, "for some reason" (thanks Viesturs :D ) my head was singing "I'm in love with the coco... baking soda, I got baking soda!"

But going in the Super Special Stage flow, I managed to improve slightly on my time on SS8 Karlstad.
SS9 Peklo Snow was slow and safe as it should be, and SS10 Autiovaara was really great fun to drive :)

And apparently I was not the only one who suddenly was pushing "like mad" on the last loop. Using and abusing of the snowbanks, I had to get some full opposite lock for many corners (felt like building up "combo"); a pure dance on ice.
Had a very hairy landing on two wheels on the 5Left corner after the long uphill section on SS12 Diamond Creek, and driving the last stage SS13 Autiovaara was simply pure driving pleasure :)

A cautious but nevertheless fun rally in what is my "second-home" event; not retiring or calling for help should hopefully bode for a good result. Had a great battle in session with my Portuguese compatriot Alex @Albernaz, managing to beat him overall by just under 10 seconds. Great stuff, meu!

Thank you very much, organizers of the RDRC; You put a great event once again, and attracted a lot of drivers too! Really enjoying the way this championship is developing, you guys deserve big praise from all of us drivers :thumbsup:

Here's a picture of the Visit Portugal car coming home at SS13 Autiovaara:

Last edited:
@Michael Nelson was extremely quick, and the provisional result are already out there, this is also due to people getting their sign-ups correct! :)

Provisional Results!

Some important things!
  • Remember to send replays, either in the Skins&Replays thread, on PM to me or on mail! This needs to be done within 29th of March 23:59 GMT.
  • The quicker the replays are sent, the quicker they can be checked, and the quicker the video can be made! That is a win-win for all!
  • If you notice a mistake with the results. PM me!
- Pinky!

Wooow, I couldn't imagine that I would be able to be massively in the points zone with that so many mistakes, that I did on the rally...but one stage win, and a four place is more that I expected, but now I have to attack, because I have to catch all these guys who completed more rallies than me...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back