RDRC S7 Round 2 - Rally Norway (22nd-24th March 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I was able to say that I were happy with the rally but in the end, looking at the time I lost, I could have been much farther up the finishing order, especially without the misstake that cost me a CFH on SS2 :unsure:

SS01 - Kaihuavaara

I took it very "Tippy-Toey" but still managed a resonable time so was really looking forward to the rest of the rally as I enjoy the Snowy conditions.

SS02 - Diamond Creek

Dispite doing quite a bit of recce on the stage and taking it very easy I managed to understeer in a 4th gear left hander that leans outwards which then goes into a 5th gear right which saw me roll and we had to get the spectators help to get back on the road.

There and then our run for a top spot was over but non-the-less, we pressed on.

Service

SS03 - Harwood Forest 2

When I saw this stage in the stage list I thought this would be the place where I'd ruin my chances at a good result but instead I managed to ruin it on the previous stage.

Apart from a small misstake that cost me about 20 seconds when I missjudged the edge of the road, slipped off and got stuck in the bocage :O_o:
Apart from this excursion the run was uneventful, though very careful considering the early visit in the scenery...

SS04 - Mustaselka

I don't like this stage either so we took it very easy. No real issues to report, a small moment over one of the crests but otherwhise allright.

SS05 - Harwood Forest

When Johan said that it was time for Harwood again I almost cried, this is how bad these stages are to me.
The main reason is the difficulty it is to spot the edge of the road when it snows in England...

No real issues, a small moment in the treey area before the K-Right.

Service

SS06 - Sikakama

This is my favourite stage of the event and Finland in snowy conditions so I told Johan to read the notes as well as he could so that I could push.

Despite the lack of visability from within the car I am happy with the run. I had a couple of moments costing me a little bit of time but overall a good run.

Really, really happy for the class stage win, my first one in an AWD car I think :)

SS07 - Karlstad

I managed to have a resonable run, arrived a tad bit too quick into the left hander after finishing the initial lap going into the second (if that makes sense).

Service

SS08 - Karlstad

Had a much better run but sadly made a misstake going too sideways going through the last long left hander and we hit the bollards.

Thankfully the car didn't seem damaged going over the line.

SS09 - Peklo Snow

I like this stage because it's very easy to make the tiniest misstake and be punished for commiting it.

Sadly, the car was a bit damaged because it was a bit unhappy when turning left so I couldn't go quite all out like I'd have liked.

SS10 - Autiovaara

We did our best to fix the suspension but still had to take it very catious as to not fly off the road after the crests on this stage.

Service

SS11 - Kaihuavaara

I did an allright run all things considered, pretty happy with the time.

SS12 - Diamond Creek

A much better run than the previous one through the stage but wasn't quite happy enough because I was a bit too careful...

SS13 - Autiovaara

Apart from a spin costing me a bit of time I'm fairly happy with the final stage of the rally.

I'm really happy for Ole to have such a fantastic rally on his home field and I hope that we'll be able to continue it :)

See you all at the next event, hopefully with even faster stage times and a lot of fun :thumbsup:

Those provisional results are amazing!
This was my very first online rally and I am new to the game, so I had fully expected to end up being disqualified or ending up last! :)

At the same time, looking at the times of the top guys I am humbled. I can only hope to ever come close, but I'll have no illusions!

Great show and I am looking forward to the next round!

as DSQ for not having saved replays it's a bit disappointing, but the final time of 54:40 ( GAP more than 6:30 to the first and "basically" place 20.... if...) for the first rallye event ever ( on snow and unknown tracks ) is so far OK for me !
Had to perform the last stage with broken gearbox ( stuck in 2 just after the start ) and it was of course frustrating and for sure a kind of patience test...
As I have no experience in doing settings and also not in chosing the appropriate car...so I will have to work hard on this in the next weeks !
Anyway : THX to everybody for the good time and nice talks here !
Looking forward to meeting all next time !

First when I saw those results I thought I'm still sleeping and having sweet dream... I don't consider myself fast on that white stuff, but trying to stay as consistant as possible probably brought me victory in RDRC2. Times were really close, so stage wins actually doesn't matter at all. @Magnus Lindgren is good example - he didn't win any stages, kept his nose away from big troubles and there he is - on solid 4th place. Good driving! @Miguel Balado's pace was impressing too. I had really hard time beating him. We swapped places and seconds after each stage. Sad that you missed first round, otherwise points table would look very interesting!

And last, but not least - @Ole Marius Myrvold. You are awesome, both on track and off track. I don't know where you take all of that time to manage with this championship, but this is awesome. I'm enjoying every moment participating over here, thanks for making that happen!

I promise I'll practice more before next round, but before that - little comparison of stage times with last year's rally.

Karlstad
Last year 1:28.2(New/Hazy Clear/Night) and 1:28.7(Worn/Crisp Clear/Dusk)
This year 1:28.5(New/Snow/Heavy Cloud/Night) and 1:28.2(New/Crisp Partcloud/Dusk)

Kaihuavaara

Last year 3:56.0(Normal/Medium Cloud/Day)
This year 3:55.7(New/Crisp Clear/Day) and 3:55.6(Worn/Hazy Clear/Day)

Mustaselka
Last year 5:14.4(Normal/Heavy Cloud/Day)
This year 5:01.8(New/Heavy Cloud/Day)

Sikakama
Last year 5:49.9(Normal/Snow Light Cloud/Daylight) and 5:38.4(Worn/Crisp Clear/Daylight)
This year 5:38.0(Normal/Snow Heavy Cloud/Dusk)

Autiovaara
Last year 3:35.0(Normal/Crisp Clear/Daylight)
This year 3:37.0(New/Hazy Clear/Day) and 3:33.2(Worn/Crisp Clear/Day)

I am so gutted. Furious. Disappointed. The only mistake of my rally on SS9 cost me a podium and a good scoring finish :cry:

SS5 (Harwood Forest) was a perfect run like I said. Fastest time in RDRC-2 by 4 seconds :thumbsup:
e. SS5 was actually second fastest overall, only Manuel was faster than me :confused:

Last edited:
Well, this time i could to drive the round, im not very happy because i did a lot of mistakes, i am very busy at this moment and i havent time to prepare enough, the setup was bad and i feel a lucky guy for finish :D

First stage was ok, buy the next i had an accident and after that, i drove the stages nervous and with so many errors. I pushed a lot in Peklo, because the set was ok with unless bumps than others and i did a good time a think. The final stages i was calm and focus to finish the rally, i hope to get some points and to improve myself in the next round and to get more confidence.

Good rally and thanks to the organization!! See you all next round!! :)

And last, but not least - @Ole Marius Myrvold. You are awesome, both on track and off track. I don't know where you take all of that time to manage with this championship, but this is awesome. I'm enjoying every moment participating over here, thanks for making that happen!

I really appreciate it! :) But at the same time, I cannot say it enough, that it would've been impossible without @Michael Nelson doing the results and graphics. It would also been no video without @Roy Magnes recording for hours and hours, and then editing the clips! :)

Thanks again! :D

Nice to see so much drivers in finish. Congrats to M&M`s (Manuel and Magnar) for overall podium and Karl, Miguel and Ole For RDRC-2 podium. Grats to all other drivers who participate and with their presents make this championship great to drive. Grats and BIG THANX to organizers for spending so much time working on this championship. See ya all on next start line.

woooohooo hahaha

YES! everything's back to it's place for me :D I'm really really happy to take another win here, it's been many years and experiences here in RDRC and I'm very happy to still be in good form, this rally was a good lesson for me it reminded me of one of the basic things : preparation is the key to success. Back in Janner my preparation wasn't ideal and it didn't go like I wanted, now I prepared and it went perfectly for me.

Thankyou Torbjørn, Tapio and Emil :) and for sure thanks to Ole Marius, Roy and all organizers.

Congrats to Magnar, Emil, Karl and of course Mike! for his excellent first stage win and very well done to Norbert for his incredible pace on Kaihuavaara and Peklo.

hell yeah Norway hat trick! :devilish: le démon de la neige is back

Thanks guys! see you in the lovely forests of France

At least in one stage I had top5 time in my group and 2nd best time in A class. Rest is pure s**t for me but at least one stage time to stick with. Funny enough that I had no idea where Im going at that particular stage. I hope I'll have at least SOME preperations for the next rally and a better pace.. This was a complete practice pace after a long break from rallying. Still Im glad I did this. Looking forward to the next one! :)

Ultimately disappointing rally for me - started well enough with the aim of 0 x CFH and 0 x DNF's but ended up missing my target!

SS01
- Realised after the stage started that I'd left my wheel set at 900 degrees. Ended up having a half spin and dropped loads of time.

SS02
- Set my wheel back to 460 degrees - but hit a marshall and had one other off, not a great start to the rally.

SS03
-Hit another marshall (they need to stand somewhere safer!!) and as such my time was slow.

SS04
- Huge fun, car felt great and I was happy with my time!

SS05
- Nice, clean run but not really a quick time.

SS06 - Loved this stage but had two half spins when having trouble seeing through the windscreen due to the weather.

SS07 - Short but painful stage - glad to escape alive!

SS08 - Much better the second time through...........still pretty slow though.

SS09 - Hit another marshall just after the ford/stream - I seemed to be drawn to them all night!

SS10 - Had a roll and one half spin - no major damage but loads of time lost.

SS11 - Another stage with a couple of minor offs, by this time I was throwing time away consistently.

SS12 - Took this stage very easily - just wanted to make sure I completed the rally without a DNF.

SS13 - DNF!!! So annoyed, was flying with this being a second run through. However half way through the stage I ran wide, caught a snow bank and it pitched me straight in to a tree. Ended up with a dead engine and a DNF on the last stage :-(

Still enjoyed the rally and want to thank everyone involved in making it happen - bring on Round 3!!!

Well...in upcoming rallys we should let you start first so you can kill much as you can of that nasty bastards with glowing jackets :D so we can drive faster with no fear that someone will jump up on the road or even standing too close to the road :thumbsup: Good job S2M Jono, you are my hero from now on. Did you kill anybody in service too or it was not your day??? I will make you skin for your car no charge with big 007 all over. Sorry but....couldnt help myself .;)

Last edited:
Congrats to the podium finishers and thank you Emilio for a fantastic result for our team! :)

I didn't have much fun on snow as I was fighting with the grip on day one and early in the morning of day two. Last four stages it all came together but it was too late.

SS1 - To my surprise pacenotes were too slow for me and that ruined my rhythm. Good rhythm is what you need to make a good start and to get you going through the rest of the rally.

SS2 - I started to feel less grip than on the previous stage. I just hope I can get back into this rally.

SS3 - Grip is getting even worse. I don't even know how I finished this stage or how did I damage my left rear suspension that gave me trouble at the end.

SS4 - That damage from the last stage took it's toll. On top of that I couldn't put the power down as I wanted.

SS5 - Finally a good drive even with that damage. Hopefully I can do better from now on.

SS6, SS7 - OK drive. Just getting through the night to attack the next day.

SS8 - I managed to get on the pace. Really didn't need that one spin, I mean look at the time it's the same as last night. That would have been some time. :sick:

SS9 - Some mistakes but all in all very good drive.

SS10 - Getting in a good groove here. Is it too late?

SS11 - The car was really good here with a happy driver behind the wheel. :)

SS12 - Same as the last stage. Too bad it wasn't like this when I started the rally yesterday.

SS13 - I was trying my best here to get Miguel Balado in 8th place. He was 15 seconds in front but I knew that with WRC car, the new setup and my high morale I can do it. It was all going well for me until the big jump before the bridge. I didn't get on it lined up to hit it head on but at an angle and out of shape from the last turn so the landing wasn't good and I was a passenger heading straight into the creek and ending on the roof. One call for help and at least I was able to finish in 14th place. What a difference and points lost. :(

A very bad rally for me, I could not prepare the rally as it should be and what little I trained, I never felt at ease and confidence and rhythm, snow conditions is not my favorite surface, however.

I made several mistakes and errors of all kinds, leading to lost a lot of time and never felt at ease in sections, so there risked nothing and was quick at the end of the race and with the mistakes the result I expected was to try a TOP 10, when the results now see a 5th place finish, despite bad rally, the result was better than I expected.

Thanks to the good organization proves that gave us and to all participants that make the very competitive championship.

Well, it's better than the 17th I came in this event last season, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed, especially after the mishap on SS8. Hopefully I can do a bit better next time out in Alsace.

On the bright side though, I've gotten what I believe is my first ever RDRC stage win. That's a pretty cool feeling.

Well done to everyone who completed the rally. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back