RDRC S6 Round 9 - 1000 Lakes Rally (4th - 7th October)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Hintz

That Designer Guy?
12428880354_721a6230d6_o.jpg

1000 Lakes Rally

4th - 7th October

Note: Update 6 is required!
Ouninpohja from BTB Finland will be used in this round. Make sure you have this pack!

ITINERARY:

SS1 - Finland - Humalamaki (Gravel Mod/Hazy Clear/New/Dry/Daylight)
SS2 - Finland - Humalamaki (Gravel Mod/Crisp Clear/New/Dry/Dusk)

Service

SS3 - Finland - Kaihuavaara (Gravel Mod/Crisp Clear/Normal/Dry/Night)
SS4 - Finland - Autiovaara II (Gravel Mod/Crisp Clear/Normal/Dry/Night)
SS5 - Finland - Sikakama II (Gravel Mod/Crisp Clear/Normal/Dry/Night)
SS6 - England - Loch Ard (Gravel Mod/Heavy Cloud/Normal/Dry/Night)

Service

SS7 - Finland - Mustaselka(Gravel Mod/Rain Medium Cloud/Normal/Wet/Daylight)
SS8 - Finland - Sikakama (Gravel Mod/Rain Medium Cloud/Worn/Wet/Daylight)
SS9 - Finland - Humalamaki (Gravel Mod/Rain Heavy Cloud/New/Wet/Daylight)

Service

SS10 - Finland - Autiovaara (Gravel Mod/Heavy Cloud/Worn/Dry/Daylight)
SS11 - Finland - Kaihuavaara II(Gravel Mod/Crisp Partcloud/Worn/Dry/Daylight)
SS12 - BTB Finland - Ouninpohja (BTB Mod/Crisp Clear/New/Dry/Daylight)

Service

SS13 - England - Loch Ard II (Gravel Mod/Crisp Clear/Normal/Dry/Daylight)
SS14 - BTB Finland - Ouninpohja (BTB Mod/Crisp Clear/New/Dry/Daylight) - POWER STAGE

SESSIONS:

RDRC S6 Round 9 US1 - Saturday 4/10/2014 02:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 9 OC1 - Saturday 4/10/2014 10:30 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 9 EU1 - Saturday 4/10/2014 19:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 9 US2 - Sunday 5/10/2014 02:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 9 OC2 - Sunday 5/10/2014 10:30 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 9 EU2 - Sunday 5/10/2014 19:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 9 US3 - Monday 6/10/2014 02:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 9 OC3 - Monday 6/10/2014 10:30 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 9 EU3 - Monday 6/10/2014 19:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 9 US4 - Tuesday 7/10/2014 02:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 9 OC4 - Tuesday 7/10/2014 10:30 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 9 EU4 - Tuesday 7/10/2014 19:00 GMT

NOTES:
    • You will require the RSRBR 2014 mod in order to participate, please see theinstallation and usage thread..
    • Daylight savings has changed in the Southern Hemisphere, please look at round times accordingly.
    • Update 06 is mandatory, please install to Participate in this round!
    • This is a league rally, car selections & regulations can be found in the rules thread and you can join the championship here.
    • Teamspeak is highly recommended and adds to the fun.
    • If you have not signed up for the championship here, please signup for the round below with your name and RSRBR Username.
    • IMPORTANT - At the end of the rally, take a screenshot of RSCenter, or save your times. If there is a discrepancy in the results, this is the only evidence you'll have to get your times corrected.

Last edited:
We are trying two new things with this round, I have promised Ouninpohja for a very long time, and now we will give it a stab!

Also being introduced is a long set of night stages at the start of the event, which I hope you will enjoy.
I really wish I could compete this round, but I am not able to sadly :(

Anyway I hope you enjoy this special round.

Thanks again Jack et Team! Good luck to you all, it was a loooooong rally.
I thought I had done all right just after I finished, but there are some hazy memories of being on my roof and damaged cars starting to surface. I should be ok once the 1000 yard stare leaves me and I can prise open my hands.

Off for a wee windsurf now, cya!

jc

5 stages for me this time.
I was never near the right feeling for driving at all, everything just felt wrong.
I killed 3 cameramen on ss4 and ss5, before crashing hard on SS6, retiring from the event.

Great stages when in shape, but out of shape it is just horrible to drive them :p
Better luck next time, I guess :)

Guys, again we get the same thing from last round I thought this had been solved. In the information post this is the message that makes refference to the US3 session.

RDRC S6 Round 9 US3 - Monday 6/10/2014 02:00 GMT
It says 2:00 GMT

at the time of writing this it is 1:31 GMT and I'm noticing there was a session started at 1:00 GMT which I wasn't able to join as I'd been planning to join at 2:00 GMT all along, if the session is going to start at 1:00 GMT then I don't mind I can plan my day to enter at 1:00 GMT but if the information post says 2:00 GMT and after last round's noticing of this, it would make sense to set the sessions for 2:00 GMT however that's not the case and the information in the post and the real session don't match, again.

Guys, again we get the same thing from last round I thought this had been solved. In the information post this is the message that makes refference to the US3 session.

It says 2:00 GMT

at the time of writing this it is 1:31 GMT and I'm noticing there was a session started at 1:00 GMT which I wasn't able to join as I'd been planning to join at 2:00 GMT all along, if the session is going to start at 1:00 GMT then I don't mind I can plan my day to enter at 1:00 GMT but if the information post says 2:00 GMT and after last round's noticing of this, it would make sense to set the sessions for 2:00 GMT however that's not the case and the information in the post and the real session don't match, again.

I was going to run last night but ran into the same problem. I can run 1:00 GMT if it needs to be that but it sucks to get ready and not have a session available. Tonight I was not available and it is not going to be fun to run such a long rally tomorrow and then have to work early the next day. Hopefully you can create a 2:00 GMT for US4 and then I can have the option to run at 1:00 or 2:00 GMT

Look, I have no idea whats going on right now.
I have set the sessions exactly as they have been for months now with the exception of the OC change for Daylight Savings.

I don't know what is up with rallyesim and why these times have changed.

I will re-make the final three sessions now , and add an extra hour to US, to see if that changes anything. If not, I'm all out of ideas.

So we arrive at the fast, merciless, difficult and legendary 1000 lakes rally and you know what they say...

Ij3woDC.jpg

this is the highlight of the season, the one everyone wants to win, the most prestigous event, the grand prix of rallying.

And this year with an itinerary only the brave but smart will get trough safely, the ussual high speed everywhere from Finland coupled with challenges such as night stages, bad weather and the legendary Ouninpohja! 35 KM of total speed, one mistake and you can say goodbye to your rally.

My Rally went quite well except for some mistakes in Humalamaki and the typical high tyre wear in the Finnish stages but I can't complain, I pushed in the power stage and had a few heart stopping moments but didn't go much faster than in the first pass, thanks to the organizers and good luck to the guys left to run.

Last edited:
Well that was exciting. I almost missed the start and then my pedals were disconnected and it took about 20 seconds to get it right and then I hit reverse. In a panic I rolled the car multiple times but kept landing on the wheels. I had a broken car for the first 6 stages due to a crash in SS01 and SS03. Before SS07 I had to disconnect my pedals because they were not calibrated properly. So stressful to this point. I had some decent runs in the wet weather and manged to finish all the stages with no DNF's or CFH's. Just before starting the final stage I heard the bell but was still able to start. I finished Ouninpohja a little more than 10 seconds quicker than my first pass but RallyeSim listed me as retired: with 21:00 but if you watch my replay you will see that I rolled it and crashed a few times but finished with a 18:33 Just adding a few minutes which isn't a big deal but who knows, that could mean one more spot up the leader board.

It was nice to watch Manuel put on a show once again. Thanks to all and a special shot out to Jack who has to deal with RallyeSim but managed to get a session created for us.

Last edited:
So. Casual pre practice for me:
I knew most of the stages, but I checked BTB stage. Ok fine. It's work, great. yupee. No technical error etc. 'Cause I knew Finnish stages I don't want to practice on that. So check this btb stage and 2 arch lords. (Arch lords checked fine, with great rythms, no problems at all. Let's go to the Ouninpohja. 3...2..1 start. After 8 mins I look down to the km meter. WHAAAAAAAAAAT R U Fukking kiddin me? ***Ł|Ä\**?/$Ł\****?:_/-**** (lot of scold)
Im just quit on my test. All or nothing at the real one.

so yesterday I did my rally. Quite good. Nice start. I late from the ss1 so I lost 5 mins basically. (That was nice Balázs. Spectators are clapping for you)
Other stages went very good. I had one mistake on a short stage. My gearbox stuck in 3rd, luckily It was just before the service. 2 Ouninpohja stages was very good, especially the power stage. 2 Little mistake, nothing special.

Thanks to the organization, it was a tough rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%