RDRC S6 Round 8 - Geko Ypres Rally (20th - 23rd September)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way, I was planning to run US4 session but it appears it started at 8 and not at 9 for me :( what's this? also nobody joined US4 session

note the session says it starts at 2:00 GMT and right now it is 2:08 GMT

( http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ )

and there is no session available and there was one created one hour ago.

If I'm granted permission from the organizers I could create a session right now with the itinerary.

If you create it I will run right now.

Finished the Rally, some stages great some stages not great and some stages some mistakes a bit dissapointing but no CFH or retirements or wheel disconnections which I'm very happy for.

Thankyou Jack and thankyou Mike for the awesome organization :) and good luck to everyone who's left to run

A good rally but I did a bad job as a driver with mistakes on nearly all stages.
Maybe some practice in this car would help:whistling:

My wet setup was like driving on ice, so I struggled a lot on the wet stages.
And on SS2 I slide out in the first corner and hit a tree and the car was stuck in 3 gear, I could continue but did a mistake later in the stage and had to reverse back up on the road, not easy with gearbox in 3 gear, so I had to take a CFH. In the heat of the moment I hit the restart option instead so I had to retire the stage.:mad:

Anyway thanks for a nice rally.

I had a blast during this rally. I only wish I had selected the VW at the start of the season. I had a decent setup considering I did it about 30 minutes before the start.

SS01 - Messed up the hairpin
SS04 - Damaged car and had to limp to the finish.
SS05/06 - Still going with the damaged car. Slow to excel and top speed was way down
SS07 - Did not load
SS12 - I it must have ended badly because I've suppressed that memory
SS13/14 - Getting tired because of a sore shoulder(torn labrum) so I just floored it and, well DNF x 2 to finish out.

Real happy with the new car. The slower I go the faster I finish, I just need to remember that.
Thanks to all and a special thanks to my former teammate Michael Nelson for getting the session up and running at the last minute.

Oh, and how can I forget Manuel - I admire your speed and hope to one day reach that level.

Top5 possability overall had I not had trouble on SS5 :O

Really frustrated with that stage as well since I, for the first time ever, came down into the second village, in the fast right junction before the 90 left, and the car immedietly went off the road on the left and into the trees there and died :(

But oh well, I'll take the pace that I had on the wet tarmac with open arms, nice to see that :D

Well done everyone, was a very difficult rally!

csi.jpg

After last round I was very dissapointed for my problems and decided to make sure everything went right this time, I practiced much more than last time and even got a tarmac speed haircut like Mads Ostberg, and it went very well, now the championship fight is looking better for me and our team.

Thanks to the organizers and congrats to Sandro and Gabor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%