RDRC S6 Round 6 - Barum Rally (5th - 8th July)

Status
Not open for further replies.
12428880354_721a6230d6_o.jpg

Barum Rally

5th - 8th July

ITINERARY:

SS1 - Czech Republic - Stryckovy-Zadni (Tarmac Mod/Crisp Clear/New/Dry/Daylight)
SS2 - Czech Republic - Rally School Czech (Tarmac Mod/Crisp Clear/New/Dry/Daylight)
SS3 - Czech Republic - Semetin 2010 (Tarmac Mod/Crisp Partcloud/New/Dry/Daylight)

Service

SS4 - Czech Republic - Hradek 1 (Tarmac Mod/Crisp Partcloud/New/Dry/Daylight)
SS5 - Czech Republic - Osli-Stryckovy (Tarmac Mod/Hazy Clear/New/Dry/Daylight)
SS6 - Super Stages - Castrezzato (Tarmac Mod/Crisp Clear/New/Dry/Dusk)

Service

SS7 - Czech Republic - Rally School Czech (Tarmac Mod/Heavy Cloud/New/Dry/Daylight)
SS8 - Czech Republic - Pribram (Tarmac Mod/Rain Light Cloud/New/Damp/Daylight)
SS9 - Czech Republic - Liptakov 2(Tarmac Mod/Rain Medium Cloud/New/Wet/Daylight)
SS10 - Czech Republic - Semetin 2009 (Tarmac Mod/Rain Heavy Cloud/New/Wet/Daylight)

Service

SS11 - Czech Republic - Osli-Stryckovy (Tarmac Mod/Crisp Clear/New/Dry/Dusk)
SS12 - Czech Republic - Hradek 2 (Tarmac Mod/Crisp Clear/New/Dry/Night)
SS13 - Super Stages - Castrezzato (Tarmac Mod/Crisp Clear/New/Dry/Night)

Service

SS14 - Czech Republic - Liptakov 1 (Tarmac Mod/Crisp Partcloud/New/Dry/Daylight) - POWER STAGE

SESSIONS:

RDRC S6 Round 6 US1 - Saturday 5/07/2014 02:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 6 OC1 - Saturday 5/07/2014 09:30 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 6 EU1 - Saturday 5/07/2014 19:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 6 US2 - Sunday 6/07/2014 02:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 6 OC2 - Sunday 6/07/2014 09:30 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 6 EU2 - Sunday 6/07/2014 19:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 6 US3 - Monday 7/07/2014 02:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 6 OC3 - Monday 7/07/2014 09:30 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 6 EU3 - Monday 7/07/2014 19:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 6 US4 - Tuesday 8/07/2014 02:00 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 6 OC4 - Tuesday 8/07/2014 09:30 GMT
RDRC S6 Round 6 EU4 - Tuesday 8/07/2014 19:00 GMT

NOTES:
    • Update 04 is mandatory, please install to Participate in this round!
    • This is a league rally, car selections & regulations can be found in the rules thread and you can join the championshiphere.
    • Teamspeak is highly recommended and adds to the fun.
    • If you have not signed up for the championship here, please signup for the round below with your name and RSRBR Username.
    • IMPORTANT - At the end of the rally, take a screenshot of RSCenter, or save your times. If there is a discrepancy in the results, this is the only evidence you'll have to get your times corrected.

Last edited:
Rally Results

IQslJ1D.png

* In RDRC-2 only positions 1 to 7 will score points, as the rest of the field failed to complete the 70% stage completion threshold as per the rules.

Last edited:
I will organise the itinerary asap, flat out at the moment with everything..hopefully will get it out tonight.

Edit: Itinerary is up, enjoyable with a bit of hell thrown in to keep everyone on their toes...

Last edited:
Just load the first stage, and RBR was quitted, and mark the first stage as a retired one....absolutely ridicolous

Rules:
3.3 - Re-Runs

Once a drivers FIRST SPLIT time is registered from their chosen session their results fromTHAT session will stand. This means that if a driver experiences a server problem between logging in and starting the first stage they can join another session without penalty. However, once they cross the first split marker in the first stage that session will be the one used as their official time. Should a driver experience computer, server or driver issues they should continue the event for as long as they can as they will not be permitted a restart and may still be able to gain points for the championship.
--
My understanding is you can go again provided you didn't run any of the other stages.

It's that time of the year again... the Barum!

tricky stages all the way through and RSRBR's "green hell" - Semetin.

Two bad events in a row and for the first time ever I competed in an RDRC event without winning a single stage, now I'm 22 points behind in the title fight, 2 months hard work gone in just 2 events, with that in mind I decided to prepare a bit more for this event, try to get back to winning ways and try to close that awful gap to Magnar.

Unfortunately it didn't go as I hoped for and lost around 25+ seconds by making lots of small mistakes, in the end I was really stressed and went dissapointingly slow through some stages and made a stupid mistake in the power stage. I'm grateful though because luck was on my side as most of my mistakes could have easliy cost me a retirement especially in the fast forest stages, I'll cross my fingers for a good possition maybe.

Really fun but really tough rally to do under pressure! almost every stage is very bumpy and you have to compromise your tyre choice for the third loop.

Many thanks to the organizers for another nice Barum Rally and good luck to the drivers left to run.

Another rally that I leave more annoyed than anything.

Leg 2 was a complete writeoff, as was most of leg 4. I'm seriously thinking of changing to the Mini RRC for the rest of the season, as this Opel, with its stall-inducing 1st gear and stupidly short final gear ratio, is causing me too much grief.

Thanks for setting this up guys and congrats to the winners.

Once again mot very pleased with my event.

SS1: Piece of :poop: :poop: :poop: !!
Bloody awful bumpy (LOL) setup and zero concentration cause 2 massive wipeouts, constant bottoming out and a CFH. Not a good start to the rally at all.
SS2: No confidence in this stage as have had bad experiences in the past (cut a bit too much = retire) so too it slowly.
SS3: First time finishing the stage in a WRC car. 5th gear is truly terrifying. so is losing grip....things happened.
SS4: Spun and got stuck in the most awkward part of the stage, so had to push a bit to make time up. Should have used this setup for SS1, handling as it should be now...
SS5: Took a majority cautiously, but no major issues. Car handling better
SS6: Sideways!! Decided to put some more pace into the stage, and was a ton of fun.
SS7: Very cautious because wet tyres. No chances taken for Semetin. at all.
SS8: First time in an RDRC round I think I haven't made a huge mistake in Pribram...! Only one small quarter spin coming out of the tight hairpin and thats about it...
SS9: Good rhythm, surprisingly less grip than anticipated.
SS10: ARGH!!!! Had a great rhythm going until I slid off the road...was almost stationary when it nudged a tree and I lost all my gears...(don't know how that works in real life but whatever :p )
SS11: Good feeling, no mistakes.
SS12:Idiot me missed the turnoff to the finish and went straight ahead...time loss there with microstalls too..aside from that, great rhythm.
SS13: Stalled at the very end which was annoying (lost 3 sec or so) but made it to the end.
SS14: Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish. Car is way too tail happy and spoiled my run in more than one instance. Very disappointed and wondering if its time for a car change.

Not the finish I was hoping for, for the end of the Winter Series, and most likely my participation for some time. When I am able to compete again, it may possibly be in something different, as the Polo still needs some physics fixes IMO.

Good luck to everyone left to run, excuse me while I go and tell my friend he is mental and must have some serious sized cojones for competing in the real rally this year...in a FWD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%