RDRC S6 Round 6 - Barum Rally (5th - 8th July)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rally report
SS1: Bad start, lost about 10 seconds and had to change the car setup.
SS2: Safe pace. I did this stages 2 times in my life. No risks
SS3: Again safe pace, Semetin doesn't like many mistakes.

SS4: Ok without any problems.
SS5: Some little mistakes, lost about 5 seconds to my usual time here.
SS6: Many drift and a lot of show for the fans :D :D

SS7: I choose wet tyres, the grip was not the best, but I keep the car on the road.
SS8: Good stage.
SS9: I think that I did a nice time here. Good feeling with the car and nice driving.
SS10: Wow!! Semetin in wet conditions. Crazy crazy and crazy

SS11: I ruined my rally. Miss a brake point at the beginning of stage and hit a rock. Engine dead.
SS12: Lost all the rythm and made some mistakes.
SS13: Good show with a lot of handbrake.

SS14: I think the pace was good, let's see..

Overall, the rally was good despite the huge mistake in SS11. Lost a lot of time there, but let's see what is the final classification.
The hopes for winning the Winter Series in the class were gone. Let's see what Balázs Kiss have done in the rally.

Organization, big thanks to the championship. Nice and hard rallys with some new stages that I never tried before.

Hope to see you all in the next one!

Was always going to be a tough rally and after a run of poor results lately I decided to take a more cautious approach to this one. My rally started out ok with the nothing more than a few minor spins and an unfortunate run in with a spectator on one of the fast sections in SS9.

However then came SS10 and easily the most painful sequence of events I've experienced in RBR:

I was taking it very easy, but unfortunately I ran slightly wide on a corner roughly 2km in and helplessly slid down the grass slope into some bushes and had to call for help. However the contact with the bushes had been enough to puncture the radiator as is often the case, but I vowed to carry on to the stage finish in order to avoid the rather large penalty time for the stage. I then limped through with a couple more trips into the scenery along the way, but with around 1km to go the engine died and my heart sank. That said I did still have some momentum and as remaining part of the stage was downhill I knew that if I could just keep the car moving I could coast across the line and salvage something. The horrible part is that it so nearly worked, but the final 90 left proved my undoing and I got stranded literally a few metres from the line and was forced to retire after all:
mKlcTxM.jpg

After that it was mixed fortunes, but pretty much everyone in my session was having problems at some point so will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

I didn't expect the first place in my category, bonus a 3rd place in overall. It was like 'suprirse madafaka' for me, but I'm happy with this results. I had a bad luck on both semetin stages. 2.5km in first gear.... After my rally I cannot imagine I'll have a podium. Just cross the fingers.:unsure:

I saw Tiago's mistake when my bro has did that stage. I thought he had still a huge gap to me.:O_o:

So, yes. little bit lol but I could won with 2 pinball style on Semetin stages.:thumbsup:
Probably I killed a few photographer sorry. Police I swear, It wasn't me. oops:whistling:

In my first season I lead the championship at the half. I think we will have a huge battle for first place.

Yesss! :D

I'm very happy for a result like this because it felt like an eternity since my last win and I was getting a bit worried about the points tables, this helps to cut the gap in the championship a little bit and is a good way to end the winter series, big congratulations to my teammate @Michael Nelson for getting a fantastic fourth possition and scoring great points for the manufacturers championship, this has been our best result as a team so far.

We can realx and enjoy the summer break in peace, congratulations to Magnar and Balázs for their podiums and everyone who participated in the Rally, thanks to the RDRC organizers and see you in August when the championship resumes.

I'll leave you with a video of one of my practice runs trough Semetin

Cheers :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%