RDRC S6 Round 4 - Donegal International Rally (17th - 20th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS1 - Hate those RSI stages. Bad time for start.
SS2- Spin in first sector. Setup for this kind of stages too bad
SS3- Spin again near the finish. More time lost.
SS4- Again RSI :( :( :(

SS5 - Quite ok stage, but the speed was not good. No confidence at all in the car setup.
SS6 - I like this stage but doesn't know well. On this one, I did a false start and had 2 off roads. In the downhill part, I lost my rhythm and did many mistakes.
SS7 - If the car setup wasn't good for the rest of stages, imagine for this one. Just keeping the car on the road.

SS8- I think that the time was good, but let's wait for the official timing list. At least I liked my driving in here.
SS9 - The sames as previous one. Like my driving in the wet.
SS10 - Much better in comparison with stage 6. In damp conditions, with wet tyres, itwas not easy.

SS11- Same as stage 7. Keep the car on road!
SS12- It was my first time on this stage. Many time lost here. Not the best way to finish the rally.

Overall, it was not the best rally from me, but I'm happy to finish. I need to make some tests and change the car setup for tarmac bumpy surfaces.

Good luck for the rest!

Hello My Rallye was reasonable but below my normal course, it derived not have pedals, is damaged. I went to accelerate and catch the blades and with automatic gearbox. :/ But even in these conditions rallye loved, made some mistakes but also had moments of luck. I have not had any accident which was very good for the car came to an end. The time now is wait for the results.

Had it been me I would have landed on my side with massive damage and a CFH to cap it all off :)

I can assure you once again that we've all been there. In my notes I have that as 'Bad Road, go slow'..... To be fair almost the whole stage is full of that warning....... :cautious:

:unsure: kinda bummed with finishing 7th after leading but glad to still keep some points and the championship lead, a silly mistake made me break the gearbox and lose minutes, the Fiesta felt fast but not as stable as the DS3 did on tarmac, thanks to the organizers and well done to the finishers.

Congrats to Magnar the deserving winner and well done to Norbert and Jack who I think it's his first podium in RDRC though I'm not sure.

Cheers

My dnf on stage 10 was costly, I could have saved myself about 7 minutes if I had kept it on the road. That was my biggest disappointment in this round but because of the conditions on that stage I knew it would be tough.

Congrats to Magnar, Norbert and Jack!:)

I was expecting a calm rally on tarmac, but small mistakes and getting my wheels on the grass led to off road excursions and car damage.
Broken transmission ruined my times on SS6 Northumbria and SS7 Paddys, that I really love to drive.

I'm still looking for a clean run. Hope I can do it next time.

I'll fill in some more of these videos from the different stages :)

Here is a video of me tackling SS2 of Shepherds Shield, a stage which I love on gravel and snow but don't feel at all at home driving on tarmac.
The Notes that can be heard in the onboard is from me reading them up as Johan did to me during the rally. I'm a bit later than he was on a couple of occasions but the first time I've done that kind of thing so I hope it's survivable.
I hope that you can enjoy the ride. I took it very cautiously for most of the stage so the time was really good considering this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back