RDRC S6 Round 2 - Rally Alsace (5th-8th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustration struck by getting the gearbox stuck in 2nd after a crash and then of course engine dead after calling for help. Proper gutted now to have missed a lot of nice stages, but it was my decision to stop in the moment since I could not cope with it.

Next time can only be better :)

yeehaaaww!

Hat-Trick-Logo.jpg

Fantastic ! congrats to Magnar, Sandro and Balázs and well done to Mike and all participants, thankyou guys, as always top organizing.

I'm really really happy :thumbsup: I didn't expect this during the week because many of these stages I don't like very much. See you in the US of A

Best GrA car :confused:

I guess others had even more trouble than me in this rally :coffee:

Tarmac with Rally Cars has never been a good thing for me but this old Celica really didn't like the bumpy roads :cautious:
The suspension can't be setup as much as the modern monsters in the RDRC-2 class, even the Alfa from last season had more options for the Suspension hehehehe :roflmao:
The main struggle we had with the setup was that the rear-end wanted to behave like a Roo as soon as we came over a larger crest/jump and there was nothing that was helping getting that lestened so it made for many "clenched" moments throughout the rally :sick:
Something that also made the rally worse for me was that Johan couldn't make the rally so I was driving with the default notes you all know, from earlier comments, that I don't like the default notes :whistling:

SS1 - Lyon-Gerland:

The Rally started with Lyon where I managed to get the class win last year but nothing like that happened this time around as I, for the first time in months, got a perfect jump off on the tarmac and therefore jumped the start by .4 of a second :thumbsdown:
Would have been back in the pack non-the-less but it didn't help my mental approuch :cautious:

Service

SS2 - Peyregrosse-Mandagout:

I usually like Peyre and I had had several good practice runs through the stage but this one time I made a slight missjudgement on the width of the car and clouted the inside mountain wall and it flung me into those hard things on the inside of Turn5 I think it is of the stage :rolleyes:
Due to the Engine overheating as "ze cooler" was damaged we stopped and got it fixed but was too late to the finish and had to get a pre-determined time for the stage :(

SS3 - Joux Verte:

Joux Verte and the nightmare continued as I had a CFH here through a slight missjudgement on the pace I steamed into the corner at.

SS4- Cote d'Arbroz:

Dabroz I usually like but I had another CFH here after running into a few of the spectators when I lost control on the damp surface and then also did some grass-cutting after running wide off one of the hairpins and ran down the mountain wall and then had to run back up it via the road..... Good that there is a service park coming up so that we can have a "strangthener" :coffee:

Service

SS5 - Joux Plane:

For these stages I'm only going after the notes I made and I had a roll-over but I can't read my note so I'm not sure exactly where I rolled but it wasn't a pleasent stage in the end.

SS6 - Foron:

Had a bad run through Foron as well.

One CFH as well as a full spin loosing me 10-15 seconds + another issue costing me time but which I'm not sure what it says here either.... I need to get a better writing style :speechless:

SS7 -Puy du Lac:

Managed, for the first time ever, a clean run through Puy, it wasn't fast, but it was clean :laugh:

Service

SS8 - Bruschal Unterowisheim:

Had a clean run through the stage.

Took it a bit easy at places (one of the stages I spent a lot of time to get the notes right on) which helped as I remembered most of the massive dangers, for example that "Vinkel Höger direkt efter krön!!!" which means, in essence, '90 Right directly after crest!!!' where, if you do go straight, bollards say hello and ruin your cooler :cautious:

Will try to find the time, with finals in school, to record and upload this stage :)

SS9 - Foron:

Second run through Foron and a couple more spins to add to my, allready, massive tally of problems and damages. The team isn't happy with me, a lot of hammer work to be done on the car for the next Rally :unsure:

Service
SS10 - Sievirsdorf:

Had a good run except for a visit to the wine-fruits and a, because of me running through the guard fencing, "ze ruined" cooler...... :O_o:
We got through the stage and tried make a temporary fix before the following stage.

SS11 - Col de Vaux:

Ran through almost all of it, got to the string of hairpins near the end of the stage before the engine, sadly, overheated and we had to pull to the side of the road to let it cool and try to make a better fix. Unfortunately it took too long and we didn't make the end of the stage in time :(

SS12 - Sorica:

Apart from slightly missjudging the speed into one of the slow-down chicanes on the stage causing a spin, we had a good run through the stage. A bit slower than what we hoped but it was good :)

Looking forward to getting back to the loose stuff in the form of Gravel in the next rally :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline