RDRC S6 Round 1 - Rally Norway (15-18th March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I finished my rally, and I can vlearly say, that wasn't my rally of life.
I gave away so much seconds, almost a minute with spins, so I was little bit nervous becasue of that. It is a positive thing not to have a CFH, or a DNF, so a TOP5 result would be great start of the year for me. :)

I just finish this rally now and It was a ok start of the season, I had just one spin on SS4 and no more mistakes. I lost a little time there but no damage. I was driving very carful tonight so I could get to the finish.
I had a very quick Emil behind me on nearly every stage. Very good driving in the RRC car Emil:thumbsup:

Thanks for a nice event.

well, first rally is now behind me. it went rather well.. not big problems or anything.

SS1: took it way way way too carefully but atleast i didint crash out in the first stage
SS2: went ok. no issues.. was faster than Emil here.
SS3: one of my favorites as a stage, so flowing and stuff.. atleast in WRC car.. lost 3 seconds to Emil here, no issues.
SS4: Mustaselkä, okeish run, could have been better. lost a second to Emil
SS5: Falstone on snow.. oh my god.. no big issues.. just slow and taking it easy. keeping the finishing flag in mind. took a beating from Emil here.. almost 10sec
SS6: Sikakama rerun... somehow didint improve on better grip the Worn provided.. okeish run. just finishing now
SS7: Sliperyness of Worn in Karlstad actually suprised me a bit.. only one corner went wide but no problems.
SS8: Dead head.. difficult first braking but no problems on this run.
SS9: Falstone again?! argh... again just getting the car home
SS10: good run.. little bit two wheel action near the end but no biggies..
SS11: Second run on dead head.. no issues.
SS12: bringing the car home.. i've never liked autiovaara stage and even that it was a power stage didint want to push or anything but managed to hit my backend into the rocks and spinned but no problems.. got the car home and im happy with that.

Hat's off for the Emil, on those Sikakama stages i was really pushing but you were faster now :) Thanks for the Rally RD and all the staff here :)

Snow isn't my favourite surface, and I didn't have much practise time, so a steady as she goes run to the finish was a great way to start the season. No dnf or cfh, so i'll take that! Biggest moments were in the final two stages, got lost in the bank in deadhead at 100mph.... Bum clenched! Then I rolled in autiovaara pushing a bit too hard, but landed on all four wheels so got away with it! Unclench.

Cheers to the rdrc organising crew, and congrats to Emil & Tommi who were way quicker in my session.

Thanks also to Michael nelson for painting a superb skin for me and my teammate! (Screenshots will follow!)

Hey guys, just checking to see if ive got this wrong. Im US central time (GMT -5 right now cuz we just switched to daylight savings time). The front page said 2:00am GMT, which is 9:00pm my time. Ive been looking the last two days and 9:00pm and it didn't show up. On RScenter it is listed for 3:00am GMT, so tonight i setup expecting it to come live at 10:00pm US central, but it did not. Im not sure i can race tomorrow night with my schedule, but if i make it, what time is it actually running on US?

So we arrive in Norway, and my favorite surface the nice clean white snow which makes winter rallies the nicest looking of all in my oppinion.

A place that gave me heartbreak 2 years ago but I learned to love last year, and this year with a fantastic fast roadbook, it was a great event for me only sometimes the snowbanks would pull me in if I put the tires too deep into them and I had a small spin on Mustaselka but the rest was pretty good and I'm happy with how it went, I didn't lose too much time with the tyre wear which I'm glad for. I pushed like hell in the power stage and it went just well, reading "Brodin's crest" on SS8 made me smile.

I'm really starting to like the Fiesta WRC.

Thanks to my teammate Michael and the M-sport squad also thanks to the organizers for starting yet another fantastic new RDRC season (loving the championship's new look)

I'm looking forward to the results with Magnar in a proper WRC and the VW boys along with so many new WRC cars and Michael in the team I expect this to be a very competitive season and a great one for the fans, that entry list looks awesome with so many entries.

Cheers!

Very interesting season opener for me, lots of development work still to be done with the car before the start of the next round.

SS1: Setup was completely wrong, need to change for tomorrow,
SS2: Great run, few bits we go too wide but no other moments. 0.80 to Viesturs!
SS3: Couldn't find the rhythm, then once I did we had a minor roll...still getting used to the new pacenotes I think. 0.54 to Viesturs..
SS4: Had a few issues from recce that arose in the stage, which meant a big time loss, but luckily I managed to pull back enough time in the last section to wipe the false start...
We need to put the foot down in the afternoon.
SS5: Great feeling and rhythm in the car, very enjoyable.
SS6: Wasnt pushing hard enough at all!
SS7: Steering issues from the start and we were sliding far too much to drive well.
SS8: Little too much pace and the wrong line on the jump, and hit a tree which damaged the engine permanently :\
SS9: Flat out! No problems at all and max attack.
SS10: Came over a snowbank the wrong way and started to roll, drove out of it but it sent me into some trees and made me roll. ugh!
SS11: Better, cautious but better.
SS12: Was cautious to start but got faster in the last section and managed to gain back 5 seconds.

Great to see John in the DS3, very very quick!!
Disappointed to lose the session win because of the retirement :\ but the car is getting better and I'm getting more used to it now.
New permanent team livery from next rally onwards, loo forward to debuting it!

SS1 - OK but the stage time was worse than I was expecting. Was going too careful, I guess. Jack proved who is the boss here by beating me.

SS2 - OK-ish, had some offs as well as problems with controlling the car - couldnt get it to go straight, maybe I had bent the suspension somewhere early on the stage. Although Im surprised with the stage time and even more about the fact that I managed to beat Jack here.
SS3 - First crash. After a long right-hander I couldnt get the car go back in the dirrection of track (same problem as before - it wasnt just possible to get it back straight) so I crashed into trees that were in the inside and had to reverse out of there. Also after a jump my smooth setup didnt work so well and coming down from the jump it sent me spinning off the track. Lost quite a lot of time here.
SS4 - Crashed twice along with other small but dumb and time taking mistakes. Once I touched a tree with my back while sliding at high speed which sent me in a huge spin. Second crash was something really stupid, I dont even know how that happened but I simply crashed into a tree with my front and had to reverse out from there again.

SS5 - Was going really careful here, that stage scares the living crap out of me. Still managed to have a few big moments where in one of them I almost crashed into a tree (I think I actually touched it a tiny bit) when I was trying to avoid rolling the car.
SS6 - Rolled heavily, otherwise I was just being careful there so the time was a no surpriese.
SS7 - I was really surprised by the grip level here, felt like a total ice. That was just crazy, did a lot of tiny mistakes here which made me lose a lot of time all-together. Still managed to take a win in our session.

SS8 - Spun right before the hairpin, snowbanks here are just deadly, one of them pulled me in and I got so lucky to not hit something before I stopped. Lost a couple of seconds while I got back out on the track but I think I still won the stage in our session, big surprise, actually.
SS9 - Had no grip what so ever... It felt awful but somehow I got through that stage until... 100 meters before the finish line I rolled the car and had to call for help. It got me so angry that I had to walk around the house a little bit to calm down, otherwise I would have retired next stages.
SS10 - Was OK-ish, was going too wide and messy so the time isnt the best but at least I wasnt angry and could keep it clean through this stage :) Also the best time in OC3 session, if I recall correctly.

SS11 - Good start here but then almost rolled my car before the 90-degree left-hander and to avoid that went into snowbank on the right side where I stalled my engine which I couldnt start for quite some time, lost there A LOT of time and Im really gutted about not having a single clean run around this crazy stage.
SS12 - A pretty good run, I believe. Even though it was a power stage I didnt push because I just know that I can lose too much here. I think I got another session best time here, a bit surprised as I thought others would push for the extra points.

A little bit gutted about that one CFH which probably didnt allow me to take a win in the session overall as well as probably cost me some places in the Overall / Class standings but even with that stupid CFH I think I had my best season opener in RDRC so Im happy about that. Sad to see my teammate so far off in the session but thats rally.

Thanks for organizing this, it was hell of a fun. Top job guys! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%