RDRC S5 Round 3 - Sno*Drift Rally (6-9th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hour session US4 is wrong and I was also in that session to start now because I can not make the session that had marked (OC4), so I'll have to wait +1h to the start of the rally and then will end up close to 5am, if I hold up this time

The hour session US4 is wrong and I was also in that session to start now because I can not make the session that had marked (OC4), so I'll have to wait +1h to the start of the rally and then will end up close to 5am, if I hold up this time
US4 started at the time designated in the first post:
RDRC S4 Round 3 US4 - Tuesday 9/04/2013 02:00 GMT = 04:00 server time

My round 3 went quite well apart from 1 retirement, still had a few little bangs and bashes and a couple of bigger bangs and bashes.

ss01 - A little slip on the bumpy surface, but I got away with this one.
ss02 - Had a bump and a spin on this stage, but didn't loose too much time.
ss03 - Went off here but managed to get back on track without too much trouble.
ss04, ss05 and ss06 all went well but not as fast as they could have been.
ss07 - Clipped a bank and damaged the steering early on in this stage, was not damaged too much so still finished in a reasonable time.
ss08 - Was going well until the last bend when I hit the barrier and damaged the steering again, so the next 2 stages I would have steering problems.
ss09 - Trying to get the feel for my damaged steering when I spun and hit a bush, the steering felt a little worse after that.
ss10 - Clipped the roadside here and slid done a bank, had to CFH:(
ss11 - A couple of spins here no damage though, but time was lost.
ss12 - Slid a bit too much on this damp stage and hit a tree, retirement:mad:
ss13 - Went ok
ss14 - The power stage, unfortunately I pushed a bit hard on this stage and spun a couple of times, no damage just lost time.
Thanks to all for organizing :thumbsup:

Aaargh that went terrible, I had no practice and it showed, a very messy rally for me. The Group N felt woefully underpowered on some stages to the point I thought I wasn't getting full throttle or something. I enjoy normal snow stages, but not so much these 'fake' ones. Hope others fared better than me :)

Great to see Robert and Tero in the session with me tonight, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Heres my little outcome of the session:

SS1: Fairly cautious as is quite slippy, managed to keep it under control, no big dramas.
SS2: Stage times probably don't reflect it as trying not to ruin the car, but I really enjoyed it! Group A style driving isnt the fastest, but it was sure fun.
SS3: Oh look! a flat 6 right over crest, and you know, turn out to be a giant hill if you like and then cut to me in a monumental roll on the other side. Luckily the car survived and we made it to final control.
SS4: Flat out but conservative, only fully lifted foot off the accelerator once (which is probably a record for me).
SS5: Smooth Ride through the stage, no problems
SS6: 00:00.03 difference between me and Tero...dayum! :p
SS7: Somewhere on tour between SS5 and SS6 the car developed a unidentifiable steering issue which I was unsure about in SS6 but definitely there in SS7. Hopefully service can fix it for us. stage was ok though, no problems!
SS8: Cautious pace, but not too slow I hope!
SS9: Favourite stage of the rally, still took fairly clean approach because of the new surface.
SS10: Nice and slippy, but managed to survive it, with only one mistake on the second to last intersection. Little brain fart but no biggie!
SS11: Was going well until I nudged the inside a little and had a high speed spin. No damage though, which is all that matters.
SS12: Suicidal speed wobbles twice on account of hidden bumps, both can clearly be seen in replay (one for the highlights reel) and one which ended up with as tree eating my bumper. Miraculously I was able to keep going, but for how long I wonder? Fingers crossed!

rbr026.jpg
The incident in question.

SS13: Steering issue came back! nothing that the mighty DS3 couldn't handle though, so managed to get all the way through.
No display issues at all, stage came up perfectly fine for me :confused:
SS14: Would have been a really good time for me if I didn't decide to push at the start in a semi broken car...but dialled it back and after some fierce fighting with the wheel, managed to pull through.

NO RETIREMENTS!! WOOHOO!! :D

What a rally! Pretty nice battle with Jack :)
I was worried before the rally because I really don't like most of the USA stages, so I decided to take it carefully but not too slow.
After SS1-4 I was about 26 seconds ahaid of Jack, and then on SS5 I went one medium speed corner a little bit too wide and hit some daredevil spectators. (Doublekill) Lost little over 40 sec there and now I was 20 sec behind Jack :) I have to say that it took me awhile to cool down after that. :D
SS6 Was very thight only 0.03 seconds between me and Jack :)
SS7 After split one I drove one corner straight and bent my front right tyre, luckily there was the service coming.
After SS7 I was about 30 seconds behind, and I was a bit angry to myself.
So I decided to push a little bit more just in case :barefoot:
SS8-12 went ok and I didn't have any crazy moments and I was able to squeeze the gap to 0.73 seconds. At this point I knew the end of the rally would be nerve racking.
SS13 I tried to drive safely not to make any mistakes but still I needed to be fast enough, and after this stage I was 4.3 seconds ahaid :)
SS14 This is it, over 10 km long stage and only 4 seconds to spare. Had problems here in the first run so.. It went Ok, Jack was 1.3 seconds faster but that was enough for me. Only 3.06 seconds between us at the end of the rally. Very nice :thumbsup:

After all I'm pretty happy with this rally, no retirements and not so many mistakes either :)

Thanks to the organizers again, great job :)

What a rally! Pretty nice battle with Jack :)

SS14 This is it, over 10 km long stage and only 4 seconds to spare. Had problems here in the first run so.. It went Ok, Jack was 1.3 seconds faster but that was enough for me. Only 3.06 seconds between us at the end of the rally. Very nice :thumbsup:

Congrats guys on finishing wile fighting on snow! It doesn't get any better than when you're that close to someone. :thumbsup:

02:00 GMT is 03:00 in Scotland and Portugal, the server time is not important here but the start time is.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Of course the server time is important, because you can check the time the session started there?

Session start time was GMT 02:00. Server time is GMT + 2 (France). Server start time was 04:00 => session started at 02:00 GMT, as specified in the first post.

Cheers for the timezones link though.

Great RDRC for me after a long time! :)

With very fast stages I started pushing from the beginning.

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-04-0916-19-55-01.jpg

I was relaxed before this rally and blocked out my desire and probably my doom, to make a good result.

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-04-0916-28-29-27.jpg
I definitely need some points in the championship. I returned to the basics. No aggressive driving. Pushed on the straights but conservative in narrow curvy roads.

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-04-0920-18-54-19.jpg
First trouble that I had happened on SS7 during night at the end of the first day. No surprise.

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-04-0919-35-19-04.jpg
I noticed immediately that my exit out of the corner wasn't good and that I might end the stage in the trees. I slowed the car and turned away from the danger, hit the tree with my right side and only damaged my front suspension. It was a little difficult to turn on corner entry but nothing to be concerned about.

Second day I was a little worried about the last stage but continued at the same pace. I got even more confident and relaxed so I had great fun drifting.

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-04-0920-48-04-33.jpg
On SS12 I got too cocky and almost ended up in tears. Road was cambered and I got too close on the inside of 90 degree turn. Small tree was just waiting to ruin my day. I knew that in this scenario there is no way to avoid it so I started braking in time as hard as I could. I slowed the car down and the tree stopped it. Everything was OK except the front suspension. Same thing happened to it as on SS7 so I pressed on.

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-04-0920-48-56-08.jpg
I knew from the experience what to do and finished the rest of the rally with no problems and good stage times.

Thank you for the fun time! :)

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-04-0917-02-55-31.jpg

BobSport (Wales) Rally Teams' Event Report

Pre Event:
Having little experience and not enough fund to do any US events before this, all we had to go on was its going to be fast! So a similar setup to the previous event was going to be used, just with longer gearing! The fears for this event was going to be the long straights as my confidence on really fast stuff isn't that high, so once again, aiming for no DNF's and a solid result hopefully.

On Event report:
SS1 – Went well pretty smooth. Quickest in session!

SS2 – Cautious as not a fan of the stage, very slippery but happy with the time and performance

SS3 – Not my favourite stage as it 'too flat out'! Not a fan of long fast sections as it doesn't suit my style, but pretty happy with it!

Service - With no 2WD to compare I think I'm going OK, and leading the session!

SS4 – Crash to Desktop on Start line!!! :mad:

SS5 – Faster than last time by 7s so happy with that, time to make up for the CTD!

SS6 – Good again 8s quicker than first run so happy.

SS7 – Was lacking confidence and will show in the times, wasn't really pushing on the long straights near end, no dramas or DNF though so relatively happy!

Service - Still leading the session but very annoyed with the DNF because of a CTD! Happy with my times and performance on the stages I completed.

SS8 – Again I stage I don't like because of the speed and yumps, but a clean run and happy with it.

SS9 – DNF, clipped a rock and sent me slightly sideways, almost caught it but hit a tree, game over!:(

SS10 – Had a spin about half way through but cost little time so not bad, quick otherwise. Decided to drive over the big jump, to try and inch out some more speed!

Service - Was going OK, a real DNF this time annoys me though! No longer in the session lead because of it ah well.

SS11 – Quicker again than first run so happy with that, and happy to get it out of the way!

SS12 – Went OK, had a spin and a brush with a bank on a 90R but nothing major, glad to get the stages out the way!

SS13 – Terrible, rolled twice, CFH all just because I was trying to beat my last time while my mind was miles away! Plus killed that car after the finish line because I turned away, amateur!

SS14 - POWER STAGE - Retired, car was dead after last stage, typical!

Post Rally:
Despite some good speed not really happy with the performance, especially the 3 DNF's! Will be over the moon if I can get away from this event with my Grade 4 lead and 3rd in 2WD still intact but isn't looking likely! For the next rally a but more care is needed (again!) as it seems the teams speed is getting good, just need to iron out the kinks and improve concentration!

Thanks to all involved and looking forward to the results:)

Sion

Rally done for me... 2 DNF and a few mistakes but a great rally, super fast... :)
Another thing, i don´t have any problems on the stage mineshaft like many people here, the stage went great...

Again no time to practice as the last 1,5 weeks were full of preparations for the start of the new FSR season, so I just wanted to drive consistantly and finish all stages.

Overall I think I can be quite happy with how it went, it took me about 2 stages to get into the groove and from then on i could even push a bit but always keeping a safety margin. But I even ended up winning the EU4 session, even if mostly due to others retiring on at least 1 stage.

Looking forward to see if it was enough for a top 5.

Great result for the team with a 4th and 5th place finish, keeping up the consistency.

Big congratulations also to my teammate Corey for the overall point and hence Grade 2. :)

I've still got a lot of room for improvement, especially when compared to Emil, but I'm pretty happy with the start of the season on Snow, I've kept myself well in contention for a good standing.

Grats to Manuel, Emil, Johannes and Magnar for their class wins, and congrats to everyone who finished. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back