RDRC S4 Round 8 - Rally México (8th – 11th September)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`´m finished too.. I had good struggle with Javiddf, but three big mistakes cost too much time:mad: . I rolled over my car at ss2, and after that i tried to catch back time that i was lost. Few stages went quite good but then i rolled it again at ss9. It was a shame because that stage is my favorite USA-stage. Then at ss12 i hit to tree in slow corner, my gearbox went broken and i had to retired.
At least, my first RDRC-rally and i made it to finish, so not too bad...;)

Jumped into the OC1 session this morning as i'll have a busy couple of days ahead of me, so it was just myself, Timo & Javier running in this session, but all in the P-RDRC class.

I started off a bit cautiously as i hadn't done any practise for a wee while, so ss1 & ss2 were a bit off my PB, but i got a little faster in ss3 and progressed through the second leg of stages quite comfortably and without taking too many liberties with the yumps & jumps on 'Hualapai Nation II'.

I think on all runs through the short 'Canyon' and 'The W.' stages, i did quite well, which is to be expected since they're a bit easier to learn than the two trickiest stages of the rally; Mineshaft II, and especially Prospect Ridge II. Needless to say i was very cauitious on these, and made my only biggish error of the rally by having a slight spin on the first run of Mineshaft II.

Overall then this was a tremendous collection of stages, and i really enjoyed the 'bite-size' format of having a few short stages mixed in with a couple of long-ish ones. The high-speed nature of this rally definitely makes it a winner in my book, and from what i saw the times were fairly close in the OC1 session until i believe the others ran into troubles. Again, i'm chuffed that i've kept my run of no DNF's going for another rally, and this time without any CFH's either. A bit more practise is needed to keep up with the quicker guys though i think, but i can only afford a couple of run-throughs of the stages pre-event, as i just don't have enough free time! Still really enjoying this sim though, so that's all that matters!

Thanks to everyone who helps run this series, good luck to those still to run.

P.s.- replays sent to Senad via PM

I drive the rally tonight because this is the only session i had time to race.
The rally was ok for me, i had 2 spin on SS9 but don't hit anything, just lost about 10 sec there.
I was the only WRC this session, i don't know, but i think my times was to slow today. I have been practice F1 on rFactor1, i drive a F1 race at Spa tomorrow (sunday evening) so it was a little bit different to jump right in a Wrc car on gravel. The strange thing is that i was fastest on the first loop.
Anyway it was a fun rally with lots of fast stages. Thanks to those who make this possible.
Good luck to all.

Before start; After the last Champinship rally I haven´t touched my car until when I drew through all the stages. First time ever I allowed myself to train before a rally. This should be interesting. I have been longing for a gravel rally. I suits both me and my car.
First service: Went really fast on the first stage. But took it very careful in the fast downhill stages 2 and 3. But everything went ok.
Second service; Tried to repeat my driving from the first lap, but I made a mistake short after start at SS6 and had a heavy roll. Had to CFH and lost nearly 1 min. As a miracle there where no big harm to the car and I could continue and even set a decent time at The W.
Third service; This rally is working really good for me. No big problems. But I am a lot slover than my friend competitiors. Cant believe how Magnar candrive 45 seconds faster than me at Mineshaft 2.
At finish; Very satisfied. My best rally ever. Fulfilled all stages. In the final stages I was suffering from lack of power after an incident at SS12 when I hit something inside a corner.
Looking forward to see the results.

Damn, i didn`t make it to start this evening cause i had one unexpected waterfall at my workplace. The pipe of coffe machine explode and water start to splashing out for several houres and now i have nice lake in my office. I`ll try to start tomorow at EU2.
Good luck to all.

Ugh, fairly average session for me. Made a lot of mistakes, culminating in 3 retirements on SS8, 9 and 12. I definitely need to slow down and pay more attention to the notes, and I need to practice a lot more! :p. Ah well, I'll try to get in lots of practice before next round.

Good luck to all competitors.

It's tough trying to beat your rival when he's in a different session. Doesn't stop me from trying! I spent as long as I could yesterday testing until I couldn't. The stages selections is great; they're fast, tricky, and rewarding.The first two legs were the trickiest in my opinion because they all require so much concentration to get right.

SS1: The bravest win this stage. I've always had problem with it in competition, but I got myself under control. I forgot to set long gears though.
SS2: How 'bout that jump, huh? I should go back and hit it flat! Tougher in this direction to me. Went to slow so the time wasn't good.
SS3: Sloppy mistakes in some corners. I consider it a bad run though the time suggests otherwise.
SS4: Using long gears knocked about 2 seconds off my time immediately. Good run.
SS5: Better, but not perfect. Not close enough to my record.
SS6: New personal record, but still needs improvement.
SS7: Fun stage. Clean run.
SS8: Nice stage. Reminds me of Cyprus. Kinda slippy though; two sideways corner exit leave me with an okay time.
SS9: I noticed alto of people find this stage to be the toughest. For some reason, I've always liked the Prospect Ridges. Okay run; some untidy corners.
SS10: I find this to be the toughest stage. I almost hit a tree while locking up under braking, but it was slow, so no damage :whistling: Fun jump here.
SS11: Much better. Good stage, new personal best.
SS12: I wonder how many people's stage times got compromised by hitting the cattle grid at the end? Sure it was a big problem with the WRC cars. Knowing most don't like this stage, I pushed. Good time, still mistakes.
SS13: Okay run. Some untidy errors but a new personal best.
SS14: Good end to a good rally!

I read this interview with Keith Cronin in which he said mistakes in 2WD cost more time, and I definitely find that to be true. You've got to be perfect to get a good time, and that's why I choose to run 2WD. I think I'll get on the podium, but not sure where...

Thanks to the organizers for making and running this super fun rally!!!

Good luck to everyone else!

SS01 - Slow start, no risks
SS02 - The slowest off I've ever had in my RBR-carreer. And 5kmh into a tree kill the engine...
SS03 - Reeeeeeally slow, no need for more accidents.

SS04 - Outbraking myself in the first proper corner and have to reverse back onto the road.
SS05 - Suprised that the engine did not die or something when I hit the barrier slightly at the end of the stage. Otherwise slow.
SS06 - Painfully slow.
SS07 - The first stage of the rally I felt went well.

Day 1 - Hopelessly slow, and a stupid DNF. Hopefully I am not the only one with a diificult day.

SS08 - A slow spin cost me 4-5 seconds here.
SS09 - Big scares on both the rough spots. Thought I was done at the first when I hit a tree and stalled the engine. Luckily it started back up again.
SS10 - A bit more on the attack, but still quite safe.

SS11 - Felt slippery than the first time. Spun again.
SS12 - Broken gearbox. GAH!
SS13 - Okay stage, a bit faster than the first run
SS14 - Full attack, I think this was an okay time.

Not too happy with my own driving this time, I make too many mistakes and some of them cost me retirements.
Still, this is a tough rally, and I am sure I am not the only one to find trouble here.

I think have a very good chanse to win som stages and i was very consitant only 10 sec in mistakes on all stages. Cant wait for the results of this rally.

Also when i practise taking risks to now were have to take it slow.
Never thought i woulb be able to finish the rally since i crashed 2/3 runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 55 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%