RDRC S4 Round 7 - Rally Costa Brava (18th – 21st August)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speechless............................

Maybe I drive faster when I'm worried about my stomach lol. I am stoked by that result, really helps my championship chances. Its a shame a lot of the guys had big problems though, I think thats the reason I finished so high up. Well done to Ross again, your times are getting quicker dude, keep it up! Good to see Mr Jundt make it 2 Evo 10s on the podium in production.

Looking forward to being humped on the next rally. Thanks to the organisers

Thanks. I treat you as such because I find RWD cars in RBR to be hard to drive and that car isn't on par with the R3 and S1600 cars on paper. I wondered why you pace was matchable on gravel...

Guess I should be worried.

RWD is hard, and, the worst thing with RWD cars, are you you spin, and you rear tires are on the grass. You have no chance to rejoin. You are stuck with a Call for Help.
The Alpine was mighty quick in a straight line. The main problem with the car, was that if you turned, and had throttle, it was sideways all the way. But, if you was off the throttle, or braking. It just didn't turn.
On asphalt it wasn't that a big deal, even though hairpins was a pain in the a**, it had so good acceleration and top speed that it helped out. On snow, I'm not too sure how it compares, as I see my self as a pretty good snow-driver :)
But on gravel, I just can't handle the Alpine. And even though the Volvo isn't the best RWD, it kinda fits me. Huge, heavy and blocky. :)

Worried? Nah, if I manage a problem-free rally you might start to be a bit worried. But really, I need to pick points if I'm gonna win this champ. :D

Oh, and I see I got the 7th best time on SS11. Wow!

I was really sad and down with the stage retirement and was 5 minutes behind at that moment, but I never lose hope, I still keep the fighting spirit alive and gave my very best to the end. And now It's really satisfying to know even with one DNF I still made it to the podium!!! :D. Winners always get back to their feet when they fall :p.

Congrats Magnar and Alasdair! and to all class winners.

Thanks to the organizers for the great event.

wooow i guess my strategy did pay off. and i nearly clinched second woow on sealed surface.. not bad at all. third is like winning for me. this was for Roy to win but unfortunately. sorry for the small errors it clearly looks like it was your win of the season.. but our team is still untouchable. what an awesome result. podium. could have never have dreamed about that.

Well done to Ross again, your times are getting quicker dude, keep it up!

Cheers matey, still a bit to go before i'm at your level though! This was my 10th rally including club events, so i'm quite happy with how things are progressing- i'm getting a better 'feel' for the car on tarmac & gravel now, and this was the 4th straight rally without any retirements, which is still my main priority! Above all though, i just enjoy this game so much!

As i thought this was a good rally for me. Sorry to see so many had troubble this time round. But it is only at the finish line points are awarded.
Congrats to Alasdair Beck for 2nd place. Nice fight back after a DNF Fernando.....impressive 3th place.
Thanks all for a good and fun rally.

I'm pretty happy with the 15th and 2nd in class, was completely out classed by Tom in the DS3 though! ;) Well done mate :thumbsup:

I think my rally was hampered a bit by being way to cautious and still managing to have offs :rolleyes: plus the DNF let me down. But still relatively happy with the result!

The championship is really getting close now I think, ok there's still 14 points seperating me and Ole I did manage to claw 3 back on this event. So hopping to just nibble away at the deficit on the remaining events ;). But with Tom now in the mix it's defiantly going to be a challenge!

Well done to all the other class winners and podium! Saw the battle between Fernando and Alastair in EU3 and was pretty impressive!

Thanks to all for putting it on :)

Sion

Wow, with only 4 stages finished I still managed a class point! Was lucky that there were not that many entries in P-RDRC this time. The Espa Boller Rally Team rolls on!

Thanks to all the organising team for providing us a great championship!

PS: surprising and amazing to see a group N car in 2nd overall!

YAY! Fastest P-class stage time on the last SS! WOOOO!!!:D

But how the hell are Alasair and Ross staying on the road without crashing? Don't tell me you guys run default setups? Default is too bumpy to make me avoid the bumps spinning me out. At least I used the throttle to minimise the effect of locking-up or losing the car shifting down.

And if you want to imagine the Tiger Express Rallisport crew... look here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...kouvola-auto-ralli-26st-29th-may.51007/page-8

I'm pretty happy with the 15th and 2nd in class, was completely out classed by Tom in the DS3 though! ;) Well done mate :thumbsup:

I think my rally was hampered a bit by being way to cautious and still managing to have offs :rolleyes: plus the DNF let me down. But still relatively happy with the result!

The championship is really getting close now I think, ok there's still 14 points seperating me and Ole I did manage to claw 3 back on this event. So hopping to just nibble away at the deficit on the remaining events ;). But with Tom now in the mix it's defiantly going to be a challenge!

Well done to all the other class winners and podium! Saw the battle between Fernando and Alastair in EU3 and was pretty impressive!

Thanks to all for putting it on :)

Sion
Thanks! You set some very fast times as well

But how the hell are Alasair and Ross staying on the road without crashing? Don't tell me you guys run default setups? Default is too bumpy to make me avoid the bumps spinning me out. At least I used the throttle to minimise the effect of locking-up or losing the car shifting down.

I used a setup given to me by Graham Bridgett, but i don't think it's too far away from default. And as for crashing... well i did that about 4 times during the rally! One time i even managed a full 360 before spinning back onto the racing line! A bit of luck is definitely involved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 65 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%