RDRC S4 Round 7 - Rally Costa Brava (18th – 21st August)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but again, similar as with Norbert, doing so would open a window for everyone asking for sessions, and that would be a nightmare.

Yeah fair enough. Not that mine would allow for cheating or anything like Norbet's request would, but I understand the extra work load. And I assume there is a rule to have additional session requests in by a certain date/time.

No worries, best of luck all. Cheers for the quick response Senad.

Nope, no extra sessions at all, 12 over 4 days should be enough for everyone.

You have to keep in mind that one can have only 3 active sessions on rallyesim at a time. Recently increased to 10 if you donate, so that helps.
But there's still the collating of results from 12 sessions.

Nope, no extra sessions at all, 12 over 4 days should be enough for everyone.

You have to keep in mind that one can have only 3 active sessions on rallyesim at a time. Recently increased to 10 if you donate, so that helps.
But there's still the collating of results from 12 sessions.

Yeah your right, that is more than enough to accomidate everyone. I did not know of the restrictions with sessions. Anyways there is always next time. Appreciate all the work guys, cheeky to ask more of you. ;)

Easily my worst RDRC performance in a while sadly. :(

A combination of bumpy tarmac stages coupled with a couple of months out of the car meant I crashed out on the first two stages and barely finished the third. After that it was just damage limitation and plenty of daft mistakes. The only saving grace may be that many others seemed to be struggling just as much, so who knows where I'll end up in the final results.

Okay... Just finished the rally with my new Subaru Impreza WRC 08, the car was also good compared to the much powerful Citroen C4 but I didn't manage to do a perfect run.. crap.

I was going very fast on New Bobs II's fast right turn down hill section and I positioned the car on it's best line, on the outside, but I forgot about the gravel on the sides :rolleyes:, so when I hit the brakes the car went sliding very wide and I was heading fast to the trees, I managed to hit the tree with the car's left rear end only but it still somehow killed the engine.

My goal for a podium finish with the new car has vanished, so all I could do now is to try my best to get a higher scoring position as possible. After the retirement I was about 5 mins. behind the leader in EU3 Session, so I went berserk on almost all the remaining stages and managed to close the gap by only a minute at the end, lots of hairy moments in every stages but I'm really glad I still made it through the end with no big mistakes.

Thanks and Good Luck everyone! :)

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that! Only 1 DNF throughout which is a record on a Championship event for me!

SS1 - was really cautious but still not concentrating enough, had a spin and roll right near the end so damaged the car, but still finished.

SS2-3 - Went ok, liked 3 really twisty but had a few CFH on both due to the 'k' lefts and rights with the drops on the outside catching me out!

SS4 - this was my only DNF, flat in 6th when i started braking just off line and the rear end went right around! almost caught her but hit the trees on the inside and killed the engine and box!

SS5-6 - Again went ok bit untidy but happy enough considering I don't like the Aussie stages with tar mod!

SS7-10 - More familiar stages witch I think reflect in the times, was very happy with them apart from a spin on SS10 about 2km from the end on the fast downhill bits which bent the steering a little but no biggie. On SS9 had a massive save going over the finishing line! Slightly wide on the left hander in 5th gear, rear stepped out and snapped the other way when I caught her and was again on the grass, so a bit of lock and kept her planted and just straightened out going over the line! Proper hair raising stuff!

SS11-14 - Went pretty well no CFH even but did brake something on the drivers side on SS11 early on which made the car feel a bit odd so couldn't push as much but was a blessing in disgusie as it ment I didn't take any chances and put her off! And to finish is off a quicker time by 3 sec. on SS14!

All in all very happy with the rally and the new car! I have a tarmac setup for her that makes it handle beautifully! Looking good for the rest of the season after some more gravel testing!

Thanks to all involved and good luck to everyone else yet to compete
clear.png
clear.png

Sion

My first 3 stages were just epic, only 1 or 2 major mistakes during those 3 stages, and I believe I got fastest P group time of the session, but then reality did a stone cold stunner to me, next 3 stages, 3 retirements. Then I thought I had nothing to lose and went on Markku "Maximum Attack" Alen mode, crashed out on both Diamond Creek stages but managed to finish both Japan and France stages. My first ROC stage was epic tho, caught a kerb and did a barrel roll in air and landed on my wheels and did fastest P group time :D

I had a good rally after my absence last time:)

Some hairy moments and had to CFH when I put it sideways, but it was quite nice to be making all stages.

I think I might have a shot of being best Production car in the last Super Stage?:unsure:

*Roy Magnes rushes over to the scene as the Tiger Mitsubishi exits the RoC stage*

RM: "David! How was your rally? After your absence from the last one due to an engine problem, you came back strongly here!"

DJ: "Indeed. Car felt good, a bit sharp under braking and we should maybe change brake bias next time to prevent lock-ups, but it felt nice at New Bobs II, even though I drove rather slow. On top of that, it was the only time where I nudged a tree, luckily it wasn't too serious.

I managed to put the car on the side on one stage when the rear left got on the grass, made me go sideways and we hit a bank, but it slowed us down to not hit a tree.

I had some problems with the Japanese-like stages, the tree were darn close to the road."

SM: "You were too darn close to the trees, darling."

DJ: Don't turn it around Saki, and don't call me that here."

SM: "Sure, sweetheart".

DJ: "Doh".

RM: You're looking good for a good position in P-class. What do you think?"

DJ: "I hope for a podium, we did very well today. But I ask for Alasdair Beck's Lancer Evo X to be checked for drugs, how can he be so fast?":confused:

SM: "You trained too little sugar.":p

RM: "Sounds like you are satisfied with the outcome then."

DJ: Very much. Saki, we'll talk later..."

SM: "No problemo, ready when you are."

RM: "I am Roy Magnes, this has been David Jundt/Saki Miyazaki for Tiger Express Rallisport, back to the studio."

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that! Only 1 DNF throughout which is a record on a Championship event for me!

SS1 - was really cautious but still not concentrating enough, had a spin and roll right near the end so damaged the car, but still finished.

SS2-3 - Went ok, liked 3 really twisty but had a few CFH on both due to the 'k' lefts and rights with the drops on the outside catching me out!

SS4 - this was my only DNF, flat in 6th when i started braking just off line and the rear end went right around! almost caught her but hit the trees on the inside and killed the engine and box!

SS5-6 - Again went ok bit untidy but happy enough considering I don't like the Aussie stages with tar mod!

SS7-10 - More familiar stages witch I think reflect in the times, was very happy with them apart from a spin on SS10 about 2km from the end on the fast downhill bits which bent the steering a little but no biggie. On SS9 had a massive save going over the finishing line! Slightly wide on the left hander in 5th gear, rear stepped out and snapped the other way when I caught her and was again on the grass, so a bit of lock and kept her planted and just straightened out going over the line! Proper hair raising stuff!

SS11-14 - Went pretty well no CFH even but did brake something on the drivers side on SS11 early on which made the car feel a bit odd so couldn't push as much but was a blessing in disgusie as it ment I didn't take any chances and put her off! And to finish is off a quicker time by 3 sec. on SS14!

All in all very happy with the rally and the new car! I have a tarmac setup for her that makes it handle beautifully! Looking good for the rest of the season after some more gravel testing!

Thanks to all involved and good luck to everyone else yet to compete
clear.png
clear.png

Sion
Can't wait to compare our times!

I've been suffering with food poisoning these last couple of days so I was super keen to get through the stages before I had to revisit the bathroom.

All in all my rally was......... unspectacular. I was consistently 5-12 seconds down on the times I've been doing in testing so i was fairly comfortable with the pace but the new car ( evo x ) doesn't really encourage you try super hard like my old N10.

SS1-3 - No real problems here, I seemed to set decent enough times.

SS4-6 - I misjudged the jump in Newbobs and ended up bouncing through the grass at the side of the road, fortunately there was no damage done.

SS7-10 - Diamond Creek was interesting, i.e blooming fast. I don't have the stones for those super quick stages yet. Everything went fine though.

SS11-14 - All good again. Decided to handbrake every corner in the last stage, ended up spinning and then busting the radiator on the last corner but crossed the line no bother anyway.

Overall I think I won the server by just not having any retirements. I am kinda confused by my pace though because it never felt like I was going super quick. I could see me being beaten by someone. Good luck to the guys still to compete, hopefully I've netted a decent class result again.:D

I've been suffering with food poisoning these last couple of days so I was super keen to get through the stages before I had to revisit the bathroom.

All in all my rally was......... unspectacular. I was consistently 5-12 seconds down on the times I've been doing in testing so i was fairly comfortable with the pace but the new car ( evo x ) doesn't really encourage you try super hard like my old N10.

SS4-6 - I misjudged the jump in Newbobs and ended up bouncing through the grass at the side of the road, fortunately there was no damage done.

SS7-10 - Diamond Creek was interesting, i.e blooming fast. I don't have the stones for those super quick stages yet. Everything went fine though.

SS11-14 - All good again. Decided to handbrake every corner in the last stage, ended up spinning and then busting the radiator on the last corner but crossed the line no bother anyway.

Overall I think I won the server by just not having any retirements. I am kinda confused by my pace though because it never felt like I was going super quick. I could see me being beaten by someone. Good luck to the guys still to compete, hopefully I've netted a decent class result again.:D
Sorry to hear about that.

Well no complain from me. My strategy was not to retire. Tarmac is not my thing so i took it very easy. Steady. I had an off on the first diamond creek and had to go with a wobely tire for the next stages till service. Slow but sure. Managed one CFH and that's all. Mission accomplished. Well on the championship points.

Thanks Senad and all of you guys for the event. Stay blessed.

Cant wait to be back on gravel.;)

Congrats for the rally, I think you win this rally, and if you win the Mexico Rally also(I can't go to that) this would be a spectacluar championship finish :D

SS1 - made a mess of it half way through, too fast into a hard left, and slid into the trees.
SS2 - hit the edge of the road, ended up on the grass for 10-20 seconds. Slow.
SS3 - 3 calls for help, and a few more three point turns. But I finished it!

SS4 - messy again, but slightly faster.
SS5 - bah, stupid retirement, at the second water crossing. Too fast, locked up, went into the rocks or trees or whatever.

After that, was mad, so went at it. Also known as crashing out and retiring :D

Hopefully a couple of points in it for me, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%