RDRC S4 Round 5 - Kouvola Auto Ralli (26st - 29th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • SS1 - pretty bad. Had a few offs. Running with dry tires, the car is understeering like a brick. Unless it's all in my head.
  • SS2 - still on dry tires, but happy with that one, no issues.
  • SS3 - fun :)
  • SS4 - not fun. Bumpy and weird, couldn't get into a rhythm.

• SS5 - went off, hit a rock, retired.
  • SS6 - flat out, flying everywhere. Amazing I didn't hit anything.
  • SS7 - flat out again, but lots of fails this time, lost a lot of time. Gonna skip to two rally school stages, and call it a day

ss01 - Slippery, but a good start
ss02 - Even more slippery than the first, hit the tree near the end and had a spin that costed time
ss03 - Drifted wide in a combination and found a rock the flipped the car onto the roof. Lost 45-50 seconds on that CFH...
ss04 - I am not supposed to win anything this season, rolled in the penultimate corner and threw away more time

ss05 - Completely missed the first junction, everything feels more slippery than ice
ss06 - I have lost the confdence, just want to finish this rally now.
ss07 - Untidy start to the stage, but found a nice rythm towards the end.
ss08 - Rolled the car again, lost 20 seconds in the process. Really not my rally despite being my stages...
ss09 - Okay stage, suprisingly much grip compared to the previous stages.

ss10 - Slippery, but an okay time I think.
ss11 - Had a good rytm, but almost rolled it in my usual place 300 meters before the finish...

ss12 - Felt even more slieppry than in the wet, okay time on this one.
ss13 - Okay run on that one
ss14 - Okay run here aswell

Really disappionted in myself with ruining my rally loosing 2 minutes on idiotic mistakes on the first day, somehow I never really got the good connection with the car that I have had earlier. I got through without any retirements at least, so now all I have to do is wait for the results...

Thanks for setting it up again, guys :)

Before the rally I set a goal to myself to be in top 10 because I think I´ve been out from there in last two rallies.

SS01 at the beginning I felt really nervous and went wide in a left hand corner but luckily didn´t hit anything and was able to reverse out of the bushes :)
SS02 Still pretty nervous and had a few close calls.
SS03 Still wasn´t feeling very confident but it was a ok run.
SS04 Track was very slippery had to take it carefully and managed to finish in one piece, not very fast though.
SS05 I was feeling much better and it was an ok run with no big mistakes.
SS06 Maybe started to feel too good cause I did many mistakes and lost over 19 secs to my first run :/
SS07 Decent run, no big mistakes
SS08 I didn´t even beat my first run, so not very happy.
SS09 OK
SS10 went ok but maybe little too carefully, wasn´t very fast there.
SS11 Safely but happy
SS12 Better than last time.
SS13Again small mistakes, but Man I love this stage :D
SS14 ok

Overall I´m happy with my rally, no dnf`s or cfh.
Now fingers crossed that I can atleast score one point :D

Thanks again everyone :)

So, the strangest build-up ever for me. I didn't expect to be able to drive this rally, but I came home from examn 12:35 local time (which is GMT+2). Knowing I've been awake for 15 hours, and my brake pedal is 20% on very often, but also random... I decided to run!

SS1: One half spin, lost around 10 second, the rest, went surprisingly well!
SS2: Went well, had a half spin when it remained 1k of the stage, lost around 10 sec. Other than that, no probs.
SS3: Another half-spin. Other than that. Perfect.
SS4: No big mistakes. Many small ones.

Service 1: Well, I don't make many mistakes, but three mistakes costing me around 30 sec, coupled with slow driving, means that I won't have a chance for victory!

SS5: Retired. Meh, found some rocks! That doesn't rock!
SS6: No mistakes what so ever... Typical, right after a reitired stage!
SS7: Some small mistakes, I guess I lost 2-3 seconds, nothing more!
SS8: Nothing to report really
SS9: Not much to say, it worked. No mistakes. Important on a stage where it is "impossible" to take time, but easy to loose - at lot!

Service 2: The retired stage destroyed much, but I'm also just waiting for the rally to finish. I'm tired!

SS10: Retired again =/
SS11: 2 spins! My head is everywhere else than in this rally :(

Service 3: Only 3 stages left!

SS12: Went out in the same corner as SS10, but ended with a CFH this time!
SS13: Some spins!
SS14: Another spin.

End of Rally: Well, two retired stages, and a whole bunch of mistakes! Coupled with no focus, random brakes and many hours awake+exam... I'm happy that I was able to drive this rally, and at least get some points!

Finally managed to finish rally without SR,despite not knowing the special Filandia like other rhthm was more security in order to end the rally.Let's see how I am in the final standings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 126 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%