RDRC S4 Round 5 - Kouvola Auto Ralli (26st - 29th May)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Bad Luck is with me again on a gravel event :rolleyes:

Was doing very well on SS1 then in the mid part of SS2 the game suddenly closed and went to the desktop, plus when I go back to the game everything is black, I have no choice but to terminate the program and register as retired :(

There's nothing I could do about it so I was really disappointed thus losing my concentration on the next stage and I retired again. I only got my pace back after the first service. I hope I could score a single point :D

Thanks to the organizers and good luck to everyone! :)

A normal rally for me, one or other major mistakes and 1 false start (godamn it my dog)...
In general went ok, a 2WD in this conditions it looks like he´s stop in every corner for me, maybe is some configuration that i need to do and i don´t know... Now only i have to do is just way for my 2WD drivers class.

A rally to forget for me. It went ok untill ss 11 where i hit an invisible stone inside a corner at the end of the stage and stopped upside down. CFH there.
And on SS12 it was the end, i hit a stone head on and killed the engine. Retired.
Hope for better luck next time at least it was my own fault not a PC problem like others.

Thanks for this rally.

EU3 - oyunbozan - DS3 R3T
my car was a big dissapointment. cannot turn properly in any condition. i had to push very hard. even it is a R3 class car it is not faster than any of R2s or A6s. i only tested it on tarmac before and like the feel of it but on gravel it is useless. only good point is the damper settings. it absorbs everything and lands solid after huge flights. i got 3 spins, all in sikkakama ss11 and 13, last one took like 15 - 20 seconds to recover.
between 5th and 6th gear there is no difference too.

i was in good mood before this first rally, but my mistake of car selection made whole remaining races meaningless for me. too bad there is no turning back from it because of the rules.

SS1 and ss2 went with dry tires to make up time on ss3 and 4. Strategy didn't really seem to pan out.

1 smooth
2 less smooth, got surprised too many times and went off in situations I probably wouldn't have gone off had I attached the right tires. Came very close to grazing a tree at one point and the bumper, terrified, fell off anyway.
3 felt fast, wasn't
4 all over the track but didn't hit anything

5 clean
6 Wheelhopped into a left turn, car decided to go right, lost tons of time but somehow was lucky enough not to trigger the automatic CFH.
7 felt faster, was!
8 same as before, still didn't hit anything
9 clean

10 Clean and fast despite again using dry tires, Beat "BOYBECK" for the first time all rally. That became my goal early on after seeing him wallop me on the first few stages. Boyband was my yardstick in this rally as he was the only fast N class car.
11 Clean and sorta fast

12 clean and incrimentally faster
13 Clipped something solid right on the apex of a very fast right hander and was instantly pointing to the left instead. No longer connected to earth, I managed to nail the hardest tree in Finland. FIRST retirement of the season on the easiest course so far. can. not. believe it.
14 put on a soft setup to easier deal with the creek fords. first creek launched me off the road ten times worse than with the default setup and into the creekbed. lost about 12 seconds there but recovered. After the DNF it doesn't matter at all I guess.

I picked my car for its durability and easy handling and not for outright speed. My only chance to be competitive in these rallies is to not have mistakes, but I blew that this time.

I love how Paul refers to me as "boyband" in his post above lol.

I felt really confident going into this rally, especially thanks to the club event we did a couple of weeks back with the early WRC cars in Finland. I think this helped me immensely with knowing the stages. All I really had to do was see how the old N10 went on gravel, having only driven it before on tarmac.

SS1-4 - Went absolutely perfectly. No real mistakes and I felt I was driving well within my limits. Fast but safe.

SS5-9 - ran wide on the last corner on SS5 and clipped the fence on the outside of the corner rearranging the front suspension. This meant I had to back off for the rest of the loop because the car was pulling under braking. I would say that was my only proper mistake in the whole rally.

SS10-11 - suspension repaired in service everything was back to normal. I don't like Autiovaara so I took it easy through there and pushed a bit harder through the best RBR stage of all time Sikakama.

SS12-14 - Again no problems, I ran wide on a couple of corners through Autiovaara and the first sector of Sikakama. That woke me up so I tried to make sure I didn't make a mistake and got it to the end. Did a celebratory handbrake turn over the finish of the last stage lol.

Overall I'm happy. I think the old girl lacks a bit of punch on these fast stages, particularly in the dry. ( I think I was actually quicker on the damp stages ). For the organisers, for some reason I'm missing a split time on the last stage but I've got an overall stage time, I'm not sure if that'll cause a problem or not but I'll email the HTML file with my times along with my replays.

Good luck to the guys still to compete, I had a blast! Can't wait for the results ( fingers crossed ):D

For the organisers, for some reason I'm missing a split time on the last stage but I've got an overall stage time, I'm not sure if that'll cause a problem or not but I'll email the HTML file with my times along with my replays.
Maybe you went wide, and missed the split line or something. Will check the replay, but should be fine.

Once again I`ve forgot about this.. Is it possible (allowed) for me to participate in two or more sessions as long as only the first one counts? Also with different car, probably. I know it was allowed at some point, I just cant remember whether it was the championship or club rallies :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back