RDRC S4 Round 2 - Coffs Harbour Rally (24 March - 27 March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had great day even tho I had no practice at all. Started out good with the Aussie stages, but trouble hit me fast on pribram. Kinda hit a pole in the street there after trying to avoid killing a photographer.
Next stage I kinda had the needs to push to catch up lost time.... That didn't go so well, ended up sideways and hit the wall somehow, engine got damage and didn't rev very good at high revs. I managed to get to the finish but then realized I had to run the next two stages with a broken engine. I painfully got through the two USA stages and got a repaired car on the last 4 stages. Those 3 when very good! I had never previously finished a pribram R stage so this was kinda tricky. I just managed to get the pacenote on the last cornor before the end of the stage and went all "wtf is this right ????"

Thanks for the great fight Eckhart von Glan, you really made me push the last I had in the end there =)

Overall pretty pleased with my ranking, Ive always been in the middle of the pack so its good to see im not getting worse atleast :p hope I can finish this championship and earn some points along the way!
Grats to the winners and big thanks to the organizers.

Overall pretty pleased with my ranking, Ive always been in the middle of the pack so its good to see im not getting worse atleast :p hope I can finish this championship and earn some points along the way!
Grats to the winners and big thanks to the organizers.

that just sums up my feelings so neatly, looking forward to the next events, Daniel!

thx for putting up the result sheets so quickly, Nigel. good overall field, nice spread. dig the amount of red in Rick's group, whole stages where noone in that class got through alive, lol!

Well, I can't complain, second place is still very high. Very good points that was the plan, tough I may have to change that for future rallyes. Shared some stage wins with first place I actually didn't expect to finish so high with Tiago winning, by 1 minute. Superb drive Tiago good job. Good points Fernando, we both had some bad luck but also some valuable points :D

Thanks for the results, we keep the lead :cool: 1-2 in the overall I think.....

Looking forward to France, see you there

Meh, after 5th stage the gap between me and Andrew were 18 seconds.. Even with a call for help in 3rd stage and couple of other sh*t moments like spins and crashes. But then I retired and everything got screwed up, damn.

By the way, my SS9 time isnt red but it should be :p

Speaking of Red ink, just noticed that my SS2 time is higher than the retirement time for that stage. It should not make any difference in the results, but just thought I'd point it out.
yep, happened to me as well last season, bad bad luck. one should actually have a table of the dnf times at hand to figure out whether sticking it out in first gear (for instance) or leaving is the better option. as it is, one is stuck with a result worse than bad. i know how it feels: dreadful.

Speaking of Red ink, just noticed that my SS2 time is higher than the retirement time for that stage. It should not make any difference in the results, but just thought I'd point it out.
In those cases, Warren has a policy to give people default times in the rally club.
No policy here, so yeah, up to you if you want to finish or retire.

I don't think I've ever been over the default time, with 1st gear and all. Could be mistaken.

well, as I said, it certainly happened to me, I was in the mistaken belief it couldn't happen, but it did. If you spend like 60 secs in the wilderness trying to find your way back to the track and then crawl home (as I did then) it is certainly doable. as I said, everyone needs to decide when to call in the esc-cavalary :)

Is there any change that there can be added an addational session for Round 3? That's because I couldn't make it for this weekend, and I have school tomorrow + driving lessons...

Would be very happy if something could be arranged ;)

Is there any change that there can be added an addational session for Round 3? That's because I couldn't make it for this weekend, and I have school tomorrow + driving lessons...

Would be very happy if something could be arranged ;)
Wrong thread, this is round 2 :D

Anyway, I'm afraid not. Not that it's not physically possible, but it would set a precedent for 50+ other people, and that would not be physically possible.
12 sessions over 4 days should be plenty for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back