RDRC S4 Round 1 - Rally of Norway (3rd March - 6th March 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Guys,
I'm going to post the updated results in about 30 minutes but I just wanted to apologize for the mistakes and omissions
that were in the first set of results. Hopefully I have corrected them all. To try and manage the errors caused by the Rallyesim
Server I'm going to introduce a second program to collect the data from the server and do an immediate comparison to ensure
that we can highlight any server errors and request the competitors backup results.

I found it difficult having 2 or 3 different places where results problems were being reported, so I am now introducing a new
system for reporting results. I have setup a Google email account (image below this post) and would ask you all to use
that to communicate to the results team any problems with the results or anything else (like sessions that didn't qualify) so
that we can be aware in advance of compiling the final results. Can you please just put your pen name and real name in
the title of your email so that we don't have to use lookup tables to find out who the driver is that has the problems.
Please attach your results to the email if you think it is necessary - will will of course notify you if we need your results.
rdrc_email_address.png

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Pete

Well, looking at the results, despite being outside the top 10 in the production class i have a bit of optimism going forward into round 2, as i managed to be the quickest through SS9 & SS14. (in class of course!) If it wasn't for a newbie error in skipping a stage when i should've ran it i would've had a solid top 10 run, and if all major mistakes had been eliminated (and there were a lot!) then i'd have been bang on the pace in PRDRC. (easy when you say it like that, isn't it?!)

Overall, loved this snow rally, especially when we got into days 3 & 4, need to brush up on my gravel skills now and keep the progression going.

I never knew i was in a close battle with you Tyrone- i've only just figured out how to view overall times between stages- D'oh! Will look more closely next time, might help me focus a bit more!

Congrats to Fernando, Oscar, Norbert & Ole.

Thanks to Nigel, Pete, Warren, Senad, Rick and anyone else that contributed to running the event!

No, there is a difference. However, it might have been a slight misunderstanding between two people without English as their first language here.
I am not saying if you jump the start early. The time just stand still while the co-driver keeps the countdown. I'm saying you get a 10 sec penalty for jumping, then the additional time you were to fast. If you jump the start 1 second to early. That's when the co-driver starts saying "one". Then you get 10+1 second. In total. 11. If you jump the start 3 seconds to early. You will get 10+3. 13 seconds.

If you still think that is wrong, just look at the small video.

BTW: Anyone know why I get all that black stuff around? I know I'm running 1024x768 when my screen shows 1804x1014. Is that all? :p

Hmm, interesting. Thought that its an original feature from RBR. Because Im pretty sure (after that video I cant be completely sure about anything, lol) that in CZ plugin its not like that. So looks like its modified in the french plugin (RSRBR). Interesting, really. I have to apologize, Ole :)

I have posted the Grade results above and will post the Points Tables once all the Replays have been checked.

Do you guys want Class tables and would you like the grades coloured as you had last year ?

I believe in the rules it state that the top 5 in each class have to submit replays (in the replays thread) so that they can be checked
for illegal cutting and that there are no illegal setups.

You should have saved you replays after you finished each stage in Round 1 and if
necessary submitted copies of them for checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%