RDRC S3 Round 7 - Hokkaido Rally (19 Nov - 22 Nov)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Japanese people, I like Japanese culture, and Japan is a lovely country, but these stages can lick a lollipop and commit hara-kiri.

Also, who's the bright spark at HP who decided to put a sleep button right above the escape button? Never started the last stage as a result, but I'm sure if I did start, I could have made up the 5 minutes to take a glorious last gasp victory.

Also, did you hear? Pigs can fly now.

It was a good rally. . . wait, 2 stage wins on the p. class !? It was the best rally ! :D
It could have been way better, but on SS6 I made some silly mistakes, so, on the rest stages I wasn't that "motivated" and on the mod, resulting in lots of CFH's and crashes. But, from SS1 to SS6 I was in a good pace, first stage wins, so.. yeaah.. It was still a great rallye.
Congrats to everyone who participated! Congrats Manuel, Seb and Magnar for the podium :)!
@Manuel: Wow, your training was really worth it man. You "dominated" the rallye, with 13/14 stage wins, as you said you would, amazing.

See you guys on the last round!

The replays i sent along with the HTML in the .ZIP file, could be taken as the replays for the Rally :) thanks.

What a Rally, what a Rally..........

This definitely was one of my top 5 Rallyes so far. It was just spectacular, during the Rally i was thinking of how i was going to show off afterwards hehehe :p But the result was so good, i'm just going to say thankyou to the organizers and congratulations to everyone who finished. I have been talking to my friend Sebastien about having a 1-2 result in a Rally, first we were planning to do it in a Rally Club event, but luckily, things went well and we could do it in the RDRC, so one goal completed

And the best part is that I won, Sebastien finished second, and my teammate from Press on! Rallysport in Rallyesim, Magnar finished in third!.

Also this is the first time i've won a Rally by more than one minute and a half. And after all those electricity dramas, were i feared i would have to retire, everything went perfect and i still won. The objective was to win every stage, and i did one and a half stage without force feedback, unfortunately winning every stage was not possible, but nevertheless, i am very happy to have won 13 out of 14 stages, and i am sure i would have won the 14 stages, had i not gotten too nervous on stage 9 and went off the road, i easily lost more than 15 seconds there, and overall, my times were not so close to the times i was doing on practice, except for the stage 1 -Tanner were i could match my practice pace and break my best time i think. After the electricity came back in my house, i was really nervous, as i was at the beginning of the Rally, so my pace from stage 10 to stage 14 was terrible compared to what i was expecting to do, luckily i could win those stages and take the overall win after fearing that i may have had to loose everything after the power cut. And on stage 9 were i did not get the scratch time, i got the second best time, so i think that will do for now :)

This is my second event and i am really happy to have joined you guys, this is a fantastic championship, definitely one of the best Public Session championships of RBR. After leaving the other championship were i participated (i did not want to continue), i wanted to find a competitive championship with people from all over the world and a good organization, i think i found my place :D After having computer problems and therefore retiring on my first event (Rally Mont Blanc, 4 stage wins) i decided to change my Citroën Xsara 2007 for the Citroën C4 2008 in wich i have some experience. I was very dissapointed after Rally Mont Blanc, so i did some good testing and proper preparation for this Rally, because i wanted to show what i can do and i was not able to do in Mont Blanc, so i set with the target of winning every stage, and i won almost every one, so it is mission acomplished for this Rally. I'd have liked to take 14 but it was not possible, there are more Rallyes left so we'll try, for sure i will be pushing for the win in Wales if it's possible.

I am really happy to have won this event and thankyou to the organizers, and everyone who finished, special congrats to Sebastien and Magnar :D

Congrats Jeff, Jani, Chelton :) and Norman.

I hope i can race with you again in Wales guys, it was a great Rally for me. Thanks

Big thanks to the organizers

Salud Campeones!

Nice event for me, we had fun on TeamSpeak with Nigel and Dariusz.
Thanks guys to do this event with me on TeamSpeak.

Congratulation to Dariusz who deserved his P4 and to Magnar for his great P3.

See you for the next round and to celebrate Nigel title ;)

A slightly disappointing result for me, but I enjoyed this one more than I expected I would. Made a few small mistakes early on, but for somehow I was doing great on the runs through Noiker (where I usually struggle) and even set some new PBs. The only real down point was Stage 4, where I hit some bumps badly in a braking zone, speared off into the trees and cracked my radiator which led to my retirement on the next stage.

Congrats on the win to Manuel though - it's pretty rare that Seb gets beaten, let alone by such a margin. :)

My rally was slow and erratic. Made some small mistakes on every stage. Retired on SS8 with the gearbox locked in 2nd after the first kilometer of the stage. And when I set fire to the car two stages later, I decided to end the rally there... Man, I am loosing the good feeling I had with this game :(

I stay yestarday 3 hours trying to enter in this forum to see the password to enter in the rally ,but the server as dns error all day ,and i lost the rally ! In this cases i think its a good idea to create a extra session to the drivers o cannot participate ( like me ) in the rally ,because its not our fault .

regards...

Well that didn`t go at all to plan, didn`t get to do as much practice as i usual do due to exstensive building work being done on our house. but my result should have been a lot better, but i just couldn`t get my head into gear, probebly due to lack of sleep and all the stress :(

Grats to Manuel, some amazing times you did there :cool:

I stay yestarday 3 hours trying to enter in this forum to see the password to enter in the rally ,but the server as dns error all day ,and i lost the rally ! In this cases i think its a good idea to create a extra session to the drivers o cannot participate ( like me ) in the rally ,because its not our fault .

regards...

there won't be any further sessions...

put it down to experience and we'll see you in round 8.

I'm really enjoying this rally stuff. After many years racing, real and simulated, the adrenaline jolt once I get to the second or third stage is phenomenal. Did ok my first RDRC, at Mont Blanc, finishing 20th overall and good enough to move from grade 4 to grade 2, but some of it was pretty ugly. Much better in Japan, finishing third in Production and Grade 2, and ninth overall. I had one call for help, and I flipped the car once doing little damage, but otherwise just hustled down the road as best I could. I'm not fast but finishing every stage with a healthy car seems at least half the battle. I was pleased to share the server and TS with Jeff Feaker, as we went back and forth until he pulled out a lead on me mid-way that I couldn't claw back from. Magnar was also on our server and he was consistently quickest. Well done! Congrats to Manuel and Sabastien as well. :)

I have finally caught up with the results, after being away again.
Grats to Manuel, Seb, and Magnar, impressive times.
I'm extremely impressed with Magnar's times, to run those in a S2000 car is amazing. I had a relatively clean rally and I wasn't in the same league. :eek: Well done Magnar. :)
Grats to Magnar, Jeff, Jani, and Norman for their Class wins.

I quite enjoyed this Rally, the Japan stages are always fun, and the four Noiker Stages makes it a longer and more demanding rally. I ended up running the US4 Session (I needed to have an earlier test of my rushed RBR installation on my Flight Sim PC due to graphics problems on my normal PC again). Thankfully, the new installation worked without problems.
I ran with Paul in the US4 Session, so it was nice to have some company, thanks Paul.

Thanks again to Rick, Norman, and the Organising Team for staging this event.

Was too busy recently, so couldn't join any of the OC sessions. Ended up driving in nicely populated EU3.

Wasn't fast, wasn't expecting to be, just kept it on the road. Was quite fun, driving cleanly for most of the time was a result on its own :). But then around the middle of the rally, issues. Several big offs and manslaughters, first time on the BTB stage, and then realized it was well past 10PM here, and several Noikers still to go... Couldn't make it :(

Congrats to the winners, really impressive driving by some. Looking forward to the next rally event, hopefully without any time constraints :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%