RDRC S3 Round 7 - Hokkaido Rally (19 Nov - 22 Nov)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS1-SS9: Not too fast as I didn't knew the stages too good, but I managed to finish them all, thanks to my female Co. *Cought Cough* The Pribram stage I went in a bit too hot, spun and damaged my car more than once.

Noiker II(SS10), I reach a normal right, a bit too fast, go on straight while slowing, but hit a tree that stands there. Instant KO for the engine. Feck tree, could have been a DNF-free Rally at Japan.

SS11-SS14: Again very reasonable speed over the stages. Although I still hate I lost 3 minutes when I hit that tree.

It looks like I finished ahead of Eckhart by 28 seconds:eek: Although it seems you had problems.

Cool rally, but my steering wheel still makes too much noise on stages, and reducing FFB will just also decrease the good feeling of the FFB.

so, with all other dates blocked by real life I had to settle for EU2 a couple of minutes before start. Here's what happened:

s01 good run but hit a stone while cutting a left hander, front left damaged.
s02 OKish, slightly better than the one training run I managed on each stage
s03 too careful after doing a 180degree on this dreadful early bump, the twisted suspension from s01 haunted me all stage long.

s04 same time as in first run, though it felt a lot faster, strange
s05 pretty much towards the end I caught the left front wheel in that lil' brook, screen went black and when it came back on I was sliding across the track and into some bushes. lost about 10 secs there and another Noiker run with twisted front left, damn.
s06 nice one, 10 secs better than s03
s07 twisted front suspension didn't like fancy handbrake-manoeuvres in the hairpins :( rather slowish

summary day one: two tiny mistakes cost me about 25 secs, really liked both runs of Pirka, nice rhythm.

s08 went by a spectator very closely (checked replay, about about 0.5 virtual metres of open space) and the poor chap died of heart attack. cost him his meaningless virtual existence and me 40 secs.
s09 Pirka is even better this way round, had a blast and came in close to PB
s10 one stupid off ina compression that I didn't expect, lost about 15 secs

s11 very careful this time with spectators being touchy here, bit too slow
s12 nice one, new PB by 1.5
s13 another nice one, cannot remeber another clean run of NoikerII ever, though I probably did it before, 19 secs !!! better than my PB, lol!
s14 too bad I overshot the first hairpin, the rest was great, hairpins as smooth as butter.

overall: a bit unprepared but a fine event nevertheless, no CFHs and the one dead spectator who probably only feinted anyway, great layout, thx admins, waiting for results :)

It looks like I finished ahead of Eckhart by 28 seconds:eek: Although it seems you had problems.
don't think so, I was very late in taking the stages because all kind of stuff was going on in the house while I played and from time to time needed my attention, finished with only 2min. to go on the clock before last stage. I guess I came in 4th, don't quite remember, though.

To the organizers/admins of RDRC : I had a problem.

Midway trough the Rally at SS7, the electricity in my house went off, in the whole neighborhood i believe and i had to complete the stage without force feedback in my wheel, and offcourse when i had finished the stage, i had no internet conection, i still had around 25 minutes to go until the other stage so i decided to wait and see if the electricity would come back, unfortunately it did not come back during those 20 minutes and the other stage was about to start so i could not select the "send stage time to server" option because i had no electricity yet and because of that, no internet connection, therefore, the time i did during Pribram 2 SS7 was not sent to the server and i figure as "in progres" but i did finish the stage and i have every replay of every stage, including SS7 Pribram S2 i also saved my times in an html file where you can see that i effectively finished the stage and you can see my time, it was 1:59.52 i also took a picture of my times at the end of the Rally as it is recommended and i have everything that is possible to save in case more evidence that i finished the stage is needed. I had to start sipirkakim (ss8) and i did it without force feedback and internet connection because my electricity had not come back, then i decided to wait until the next stage (i think the countdown was about 10 minutes) and during that period of time, the electricity came back and i could send every stage time to the server from stage 8 onwards. I hope the organizers understand that effectively the electricity went off at my house and that is not in my control. But i have everything, replays, html's and the picture of my times at the end of the Rally.

Here is the link to a .zip file with all of my replays inside, a picture of my times after the last stage and an html file with my times, feel free to examine them and check the time of the replays or any other thing that is needed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zg3flp4c2iyoh64

Thankyou, i hope there is no problem and my time during SS7 is taken into account.

I completed every stage. The thing is that because i had no internet connection at the time i finished stage 7, my time was not sent to the server, so i am listed as "in progress" in the session, because i lost internet connection because i lost electricity while i was doing stage 7. My time could not be sent to the server, so i am listed as in progress (note that i am seen as in progress by the server, if i had retired, skipped or anything else, then i would have been seen as that instead of in progress, but the in progress is proof that i did finish the stage. I also saved my html files that comfirm i did the stage and have my time in them)

If there is anything else needed to prove the stage, or anything, please ask me for it :)

I have a laptop and a Driving Force GT, that's why i could continue the stage even after the electricity was lost at my house.

Hit tree on ss 1, Broke gearbox on ss3. Stage 13 was a nightmare to me and alot of other little actions on most of the stages. But it was still fun to drive, I just need to practise more with my new car :DD Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%