RDRC S3 Round 6 - Rally Mont Blanc (29 Oct - 01 Nov)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a hard one.

SS1: Slippery with dry tyres. Drove very carefully
SS2: Here things started to go wrong. Pressed clutch instead of brake and went full speed to hairpin:mad:. Hit straight to the rail and smashed the car. Had to retire....
SS3: False start:tongue: Rolled the car to the field on a junction...
SS9: No grip at all. Wide on a hairpin and killed spectators.
SS10: Huge understeer with intermediate tyres. Went wide couple times.

I jumped into the OC1 Session tonight, so that I could have the rest of the weekend to prepare for my trip away.
Not very happy with my Rally though, I had a major graphical problem on all of the France Stages, but mysteriously, no issues with the others. On every France Stage, I had strange graphical flickering, and tearing of the picture, strange large flashing streaks across everything. This made it very hard to see where I was going, and did nothing for my concentration. :frown: I kept expecting to get the dreaded CTD, but it just kept flashing but didn't crash the computer. To add to the mystery, my wife tells me that our TV was doing something similar while I was driving. Obviously, some form of electrical interference going on.

Anyway, this all had quite an impact on my times, and caused a couple of crashes and offs. Fortunately, I managed to complete all stages though, so it wasn't a total loss. :rolleyes:

Oh well, see you all in about three weeks or so.

Thanks to Rick, Norman and the Team for organising this rally, it was quite an interesting set of stages.

...., but after the first 3 stages will the car automatically be repaired? And again at each service point, or will I have to manually click a repair button?

Your car is automatically repaired at each service. If you click the "Repair" button, I believe your car is repaired immediately, but you will get a DNF for the next Stage. So, don't hit the Repair buton if you don't absolutely need to. If you wreck the car on a Stage and get a DNF (and there is no Service next), you will be given a repaired car for the next stage anyway.

You can't change tyres until the next Service though, so select your tyre choice carefully at each Service.

Strictly, no, because you won't get access to the Password. You need to be registered for that.

However, you should have your application approved within the next day, so that should allow you to join one of the sessions. Hopefully one of the ADMINS will look at registration applicatons today.

Huh, another rally finished. I'd say it was one of hardest rally in my RBR career. Problems started 5 minutes before first stage - my internet connection was lost(it did same thing yesterday) and it came back after finishing SS2 if I remember right. But overall I think I'm happy about my pace. Didn't practiced too, only did some run on Cote d'Abroz with damp conditions and aslo on new tracks. Aslo this time I made less mistakes than last round. But I still had to use Call for help twice and on SS9 I managed to broke my car's gearbox, so last kilometer I drove with 3rd gear. Thats reason why SS10 time was aslo so slow, had only first gear which possibly made my avarage speed about 75km/h on 11km stage. That was really bad. But if looking on the brighter side, then I finished all of the stages :). Looking foward to final results.

hope that update 08 is not vital, tried to install it just now and couldn'T, tells me I have to install updates 03 04 and 07 as well, which I am sure I did. will figure that one out over the weekend I guess. Fingers crossed that it works.

Noooooooooooooo, no no nooooooo, i was having a perfect Rally and on stage 3 "puy du lac" the game loaded and didn't start! immediate CTD, i don't know why this happened, the stage was good during practice, no no no :( i was winning :( bad bad bad Rally for me :( not good

Edit : I won many stages but on Peklo Wet, everything was lost for me :( PC turned off and no more Rally, it is very dissapointing to end like this

Well I finished my first rally, without any retirements:) I know the times will be slow but really enjoyed the challenge. Once I get to know the stages better I'm hoping I can drive with more authority.

Thanks Pete for the chat on Teamspeak, but the racedepartment teamspeak server seemed to go down during the rally so I couldn't catch up during the service breaks.

Looking forward to the next RD rally

Terrible!!
SS1 - No response from my accelerator, had to retire.
SS2 - Hit a tree, had to complete the final 2.2km stuck in 3rd gear.
SS3 - Gear box broken, retirement.
Repair
SS4 - At last a reasonable stage, probably slow though.
SS5 - Went off again ( same tree as SS2 I think) steering damage this time.
SS6 - Steering pulling very hard to the left. Completed the stage but had a lot of offs.
SS7 - Nice short stage so the steering problem was not too bad.
Repair
SS8 - Hit a few barriers at the hairpin turns but nothing major.
SS9 - No response from accelerator, retirement.
SS10 - Hit a barrier minor damage.
SS11 - Not too bad considering the amount of hairpin turns.
SS12 - 2 spins and 1 Roll ( I was in too much of a hurry here)
SS13 - Best stage I run the whole evening.
SS14 - No accelerator response, retirement.

No idea why my accelerator did not respond in the stages 1/9/14, anyone else had a problem like that?

SS1 - Pretty safe, 2nd in class.
SS2 - My tarmac test-stage, did okay :)
SS3 - Two big offs, but luckily just onto the fields, lost lots of time here.

SS4 - Attack, and a good time.
SS5 - Attack again, a second faster than last time :tongue:
SS6 - Very very very safe, lost even more time on that I think... I dislike this tage :tongue:
SS7 - A bit to early on the handbrake for the final corner and got a cut-warning... Okay other than that.

First day - Feels okay, annoying with the mistakes I did, but it could have been a lot worse than this.

SS8 - Attack again, and a decent time. Not fast, though...
SS9 - This was like Monte Carlo, no grip at all. Slid straight into a marshall at the gravel bus-stop-chicane ans got a CFH.
SS10 - Slippery with intermediates, took it easy as I cannot afford more mistakes...

SS11 - Full attack, maybe too many mistakes. Okay time nevertheless.
SS12 - Span on a full-speed-section, and had to reverse. And that takes time with a S2000...
SS13 - Lost concentration around where split 1 is, and slipped down the ditch... CFH...
SS14 - Okay.

Really really really annoyed with both my CFH's, other than that it was an okay run. I lack the speed and I do not enjoy myself as I usually do on these rallys. Will have to take a look at the option of taking a break for some weeks and get back to the game with fresh optimism later on...

Thank you to the team behind it all, again an interesting rally in a good, stong championship :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back