RDRC S3 Round 5 - Rally Costa Brava (08 Oct - 11 Oct)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that's ruined countless hours practicing for the competition >_>
RSCenter was messing me around with timing and track issues so I was an hour ahead :(
so mad that I missed it, was looking forward to at least having a shot at this round.
Can't do the EU4 session either as I will be at uni. Yaay. oh well, I guess it will have to be next time. damn.

Was fun attending the "Warren Dawes S2000 Tarmac Clinic" this AM-nice drive mate!!

I did exactly what I wanted to do-solid, sensible drive to the finish. Only a half spin on each run of east West to mention in terms of errors.

Subida skipped like a happy little six year old girl on a sunny day-hope we never use it again. Lost at least a minute combined for that stage.

Cheers to all...

HOLY CR$P Warren. Someone has been taking their vitamins.

As has been the case for almost every event this year my practise and testing consisted of a quick run though the stages this afternoon. Got an OK setup sorted for the stages and went into it.

The first half of the rally went well but the times where not that fast. Dropping time to Warren and Eddie (and Attila if he hadn't retired in the Subida stage).
Going to to the last 3 stages I was to far behind Warren and Eddie to catch and had a good margin to Jeremy. But I thought It would be really dispointing if I backed off here and only just lost out when the times are combined, so i went for it. MISTAKE.

Rolled in SS10, was just messy in SS11 and fell of the road and CFH on SS12. No retirements but I could have been faster.

Thanks to the whole RDRC team, and I'm sorry I have been quite slack over the last couple of rounds.

And thanks to everyone that competed. See you at round 6

Thanks to Daniel, Eckhart and Senad for the close battles we had in production class tonight. :)

yeah, it was great, I played by my new tactics:
21.00 run the most difficult stage offline to warm up
21.15 run the first three stages pretty much en bloc
take a wee break for sip of drink and stretch your legs
take the next three stages en bloc, now check for your standings in the first three stages
take a wee break ...
this way I have at least some idea where I stand in retrospect without waiting for ages after each stage and losing concentration.

There was a good competition. I did not practise a lot, only the start I put it together with a clock a setting onto the car. I thought that I do not enter this competition, but i've changed my mind. The subidala orbits were not charged in, I settled everything on new one though. That's it. The successor will be right possibly.
Rick was a good competition. :)

Must say I was pretty happy with my Rally tonight. I was not confident coming in, because I usually struggle on tarmac, and when I had a practice run off-line today, I kept killing the car at New Bobs II and Sipirkakim II.
As a result, I decided to back off a little and hope like hell I could run mostly clean.

This may have worked well for me. I actually ended up with only one major crash, and that was at the very end of SS12, as I passed through the finish markers and disappeared off the cliff. I wasn't sure what would happen, but my time counted ok, the damage happened after the finish. Thank goodness it was the last stage. :eek:

I am quite enjoying the S2000 Pug this season, it is sooo much more stable to drive, and very nimble. I expected to be blown away by the WRC cars tonight, but obviously some of the WRC guys had some problems.

Thanks to all the guys in our session, it was a pretty full grid. Not sure how I finished, I skipped ahead of most of the field, (except for team mate Jeremy), didn't take long breaks between stages, so I didn't get to see the other times. I assume I finished a little behind Eddie. :cool:

Well that should have gone better.

Drove stages 1 - 3 quiet steady and took a small lead in EU3, but a to causouis run on 4 and i lost 7secs to Mark, which spurned me on to attack the next 2 stages and was more happy with my driving.

Stages 7 - 9 went really bad as my eyes started to go all squiffy and couldn`t focus propperly so was struggling to see my lines and almost lost it big time after the 1st water crossing and had a spin on east-west II.

stages 10 - 12 i had to drive with my reading glasses on which i`m not used to and was quiet of putting, but at least i could see the road and my times were way down on my best times.

Even though i took the EU3 win Seb wasen`t there and i`ll be supprised if i get a podium, but i`m going to use my glasses all the time now so i shouldn`t have vision issues again :D

Yes I did the EU2 session because I was not sure to be able for the EU3.

SS1 : was good, 7s slower than my training time. Jakub made a mistake and loss 40s
SS2-SS3 : incredible times by Jakub, I was slower than my training times but Jakub was very very fast, he came back at 25s
SS4 : made a better stage, take 2,5s to Jakub
SS5-SS6 : again great run for Jakub, he took me times, I was a little bit faster than SS2-3
SS7 : great battle with Jakub, we finish in the same time. I was 0,3s faster than him
SS8 : I made a mistake at the beginning, a 360° but I won the stage.
SS9-12 : good run, not very fast but secured stage.

I actually did much better than expected. I drove in the EU3 Practice run that Nigel arranged and pretty much lost confidence seeing I was anything from 40sec-1min behind him on every stage.

SS1-3
Drove those pretty slow, had the mental picture to just not go off the road and play it safe.

SS4-6
I had noticed that I was running behind Chris and some other S2000 drivers so I decided to up the pace a bit this run through. Went much better than expected, no offs only a tightens turn on the spanish stage that threw me off abit.

SS7-9
Not too happy about these aussie stages being run on tarmac, didn't really get the chance to make a nice tarmac setup with the bumpy roads, so I drove with a pure-breed tarmac setup on my car, It sounded like the springs where bottomed out all the time.
The first run on these stages was a big learner for me, had some close calls here and there but overall I stayed on the road and no CFH/Retirement

SS10-12
Well seeing as I managed the first run on these roads quite well and was in the lead with the S2000 Cars I knew I had to push more to stay on top. I pretty much set new PB's on all the last 3 stages.

Overall pretty happy about my tarmac driving seeing as its what I hate the most in rally :p
Thanks to Chris for pushing me. Again it was great fun to drive with people around my skill level, too bad with the many retirements from other S2000 drivers, could have been an even closer fight for the top spots in our group.

And thanks to the people that made this rally happen! Cya all next round!

My first race since the last round of the RDRC S2.
Not my best rallye, but without training and after a long time without racing I didn't expect anything.

SS1 : 1 minor mistake and a 360°.

SS 4 : I hit a spectator, 1 CHF...

SS 9 : I feel good and increase my rythm, what a bad idea, 1 CHF

For the other SS, I managed a cool driving style.

I wish i will have time for training for the next round.
Have fun and see you next time !

Stages 7 - 9 went really bad as my eyes started to go all squiffy and couldn`t focus propperly so was struggling to see my lines

yeah, same problem here, it's the dappled light on the tarmac I suppose, all the sun filtering through the virtual leaves on these stages, my eyes didn't like it either and I had at least two bits where I completely trusted my virtual co because I had no visual clue whether the track was due left or right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 295 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%