RDRC S3 Round 5 - Rally Costa Brava (08 Oct - 11 Oct)

Status
Not open for further replies.
halftime in Spain and some ups and downs for me so far: ups: one good run on s06 to finish the day off, no tachnical problems with the BTB stuff; downs: stuck on a stone in s03 and lost a full minute, should have CFHed at once, grrrr. Now for day two :)

Argh, all stages went fantastic unless East-West that I just don't manage to drive on. And I had a black screen entering first time New Bobs. No clue why, but it just didn't load, but the 2nd run on it it loaded fine. Any chance that I can drive just SS7 in another session? Because I lost around 4 minutes on just only that stage. :frown:

• SS1 - no mistakes, nice and easy.
  • SS2 - no mistakes, slow and easy :eek:. Had a significant amount of stuttering, guessing it's a very intense stage.
  • SS3 - slow again, but who cares, having a blast doing it the proper way :D. Brilliant stage, kudos to the creators.
  • SS4 - horrible. Rolled it early on, so tried to push to make up time. Hit a couple of trees later, and went way off track near the end.
  • SS5 - a bit faster than my first run, okay I guess.
  • SS6 - a bit faster again, with some issues at the start.
  • SS7 - quite bad. Lost control a couple of times, last time 50 metres before the red squares :frown:
  • SS8 - horrible. Killed people, went off, rolled... Lost heaps of time.
  • SS9 - that was so bad, and now it's so late, that I'm gonna call it a night. Way down the order and outside the points for sure

Phew, that was fun :) Im just sad that I couldn´t figure out why that subida stage won´t run on my system so I had to retire both of them :( But other stages went pretty fast I think, in ss9 I had to cfh once and had couple of spins, but I was able to finish it :D
I really enjoyed this rally, I guess I like tarmac rally :)
Thanks everyone
Here´s my times and replays: http://db.tt/Vfu9I6GA

Some RPing just for lawlz:
*Scuderia Alfa Team React Interview*

Hmm... a LOT better than R3... but still not where I want to be. After Niko (Puntola) left, I wanted to pick up where he left off and start trying to be competitive. The Raptr.com Alfa was gorgeous during practice but there were times where the car got a little too unstable under braking.

*mic static*

The Alfa 33 is just a general twitchy car which is awesome on gravel and dirt but on extremely high speed tarmac it can be a nightmare to control. Especially on really tight sweeping hill sections such as in New Bob II. The car can get a little bouncy, especially over the jumps. During practice, the team worked a bit on car setup to keep it more planted but stages like New Bob II were always going to be a concern.

SS1 and SS4 were very bad stages. Due to inexperience, I completely overshot many corners in SS1 and also ran into a group of spectators. I hope they are alright and I do offer my sincere apologies. SS4 I had to retire due to a RBR glitch which I'm still fairly upset about. The Hillclimb stages (SS2, SS3, SS5, and SS6) were an absolute delight to participate in. I knew the stages well from practice and I was very comfortable. Had a few hairy moments pushing as hard as I could, but it paid off in the end.

SS7 I wanted to push as hard as I could to try to set my pb time... it didn't work out and I clipped something in the high speed hill sections and I just destroyed my car. Very disappointed. SS8 and SS9 were almost as disastrous but managed to finish. Suffice it to say, the team wasn't very happy with me after those three stages. But the mechanics worked hard and on SS10 I wanted to make it up to them.

SS10 is by far the best stage run I've ever done in an event. Didn't hit a single thing and just floored it through a large section of the stage. I even reached 183 kph in my little Alfa. SS11 and SS12 were unfortunately disasters again. Tried to carry that momentum in the final stages but again, I clipped something early in SS11 and that was that.

The later stages were very difficult as just one minor clip can ruin your entire rally. But overall, I'm glad I got the experience and I've made a few PB runs amidst some disastrous ones. I'm disappointed I couldn't emulate Niko's success in R3 for the team but atleast we've proven that we can still be quick. The team and I are looking forward to the next round where my aim would be to get through most if not all of the stages cleanly

-JJ

EDIT: Here are my replays: http://www.mediafire.com/?lcz8shbo7bwegxd (For the highlights I request you put in my SS10 run please, still really proud of that one)

viva espana :)

this got better and better and better:

s01 very cautious, stupid me crashed after finish and banged up suspension :( 15 secs off PB
s02 dreadful steering, thank goodness the two BTB are not so difficult, only 10 secs off PB
s03 one off pretty much towards the end and stuck on one of those white blocks, figured out after 40 secs that a CFH would be better :( lost about 80 secs all in all.

after first morning: about 100 secs down to my reference time, 12th of 17 started.

s04 sooo scared of doing it again but survived this time and came in an astonishing 7th, 12 secs off PB
s05 probably too careful but trying to keep ahead of my fears is no easy job :), 7secs off PB
s06 first nice clean enjoyable run, finally a deep breath of relief, only 4 secs off PB

after first day: about 130 secs. down, 9th overall, beginning to feel fine

s07 clean and fast run, so concentrated that one of my fingernails cut into another finger without me noticing, hurts like hell, lol. only 2secs away from PB, 5th in stage and 6th overall, yippieh!
s08 another clean and nice run, 3 secs off PB, up to 4th overall, cannot believe my eyes
s09 two 180 degrees spins in the wooded parts but huge luck to stay on the grey stuff and be able to somehow turn it back in the right direction each time, only 20 secs lost.

after second morning: one of my best three stages en bloc ever, feeling very confident now, 5th overall.

s10 yessir! new PB by half a second, bring 'em on!
s11 small mistake with all of 50 m to go, could have been another PB
s12 only one minor off, luckily outside the woods, only 3 secs down to PB

after day two: another bunch of great stage times, very happy with my overall achievement, 5th of 12 still in the running, let's see what it's worth day after tomorrow. Many retirements tonight for other chaps, pity that.

Thx admins, great show as per usual :)

Bleh. Had lot of crashes. Some stages were new to me, so did tarmac mod. Shame that my computer can't run that Subida a La Mazana stage. So I retired on those stages. Wierd, but in second run of Malaga it loaded Subida a La Mazana for me, so I had to retire too. Not big problem for me since I can't score any points here and I'm not running on the championship though. Overall pace was fine imo.

I tend to do a little better on tarmac so I was looking forward to this one, even though these fast and bumpy stages don't suit me as much as the usual tarmac stages. Overall I'm pretty pleased with my runs despite having lost quite a bit of time with several small mistakes along the way. Thanks to Daniel, Eckhart and Senad for the close battles we had in production class tonight. :)

SS1-3: The bumps on Sipirkakim caused me plenty of problems and dropped me back, while I felt I was doing well on the two Spanish stages until I saw I was one of the slowest through them.

SS4-6: Slightly better than the first run through these stages, but had a very close call with a rock on SS3.

SS7-9: Not tried these much before the rally and it proved a real challenge. Many small spins on New Bobs and Greenhills as the car would often get away from me if I dropped a wheel on the loose stuff on the edge of the road. East-West went better despite some scary moments over the bumps.

SS10-12: Had Daniel not far ahead of me and Eckhart not far behind me, so I couldn't relax too much on these stages. Pushed about as much as I dared and having learned from my mistakes on the first run I set three pretty respectable times and maintained position. Hopefully that will be enough for points.

My rally started out pretty good, I am pretty rusty, so was hoping to just keep it as clean as possible. I was able to do just that for the first half of the rally, only had a couple half spins, not losing too much time.

The second half did not go so well. I am normally good with Aussie stages, but I don't think I had a very good suspension setup for bumpy tarmac. Had a really big spin after bottoming out in SS8 and took a long while getting back on track. Then in SS9 I had a big lapse of concentration and went off into the trees - retired.

Took it easy the rest of the rally and tried to bring it home without losing much more time to mistakes.

Replays: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9768374/rdrc-ademarre-r5.zip

lol, finished first stage (with plenty of mistakes - I hate that stage on gravel but on tarmac it was even more sh*t).. And While loading the 2nd stage it throwed an error saying I havent installed the BTB Spain tracks. But Im sure I have. So there the rally ended because I couldnt join the session anymore. I didnt even tend to drive the BTB stages as its impossible with my graphic card but there isnt an option to skip stage. I must "drive" and the retire.. grr.. Well, my season is screwed up anyways because of the regular BTB stages in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back