RDRC S2 - Round 5 - Kouvola Auto-Ralli (18/19th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to have to say goodbye to this championship.

OC is now running too late in my AM to complete before my morning duties begin, and there is no way I can make the EU and US times.

Sorry to hear that James... Club rallies are more flexible, hope you'll still be in those.

Anyway, woke up too late... Not only haven't I practiced, I don't even have the BTB stage pack... If I manage to download it now, I'll start in OC4. If not, I'd like to switch to EU4.

yes maybe the same turn and the same tree, my team mate made the same mistake at the same turn but without the touch and the engine problem ;)

Certainly the turn of the death, I didn't hit the tree but it was really hot for me.

I managed my best rally of the year, so I'm very happy when I see I was just after my teammate.
I have a great battle with Simone and Dariusz during all the special, very interesting and exciting like usual but in better position.

Wait and see the final result !

Gravel Sikakama is the best stage ever, so much fun :love:

Too bad it was a horror show this time...
Caught a grass bank with my front left wheel, and got pulled in. Took me a while to get back on the road, definitely more than half a minute, LOL.
After that, went off in a fast corner, found a single tree, and hit it :D. Gearbox stuck in 3rd, CFH.

Over 2 minutes behind the leaders in that stage.

Really enjoyed this rally,my computer and wheel smell hot.
Made a couple of errors in stage 2 ,both times front on into trees,but managed to get to the end of the stage.

Started stage 3 but the damage from ss2 caused my engine to overheat and i almost made it to the end(1km to go) before i popped the engine and coasted to a stop.

Quite good stages til ss13 when i was having a big go and went wide and guess who was standing there ....yes thats right...Photograhers...hope they got a good pic of my Subaru bonnet as i cleaned them up.

These finnish stages with gravel mod are awesome worth staying up for.

Thanks to all the Admin for putting on a great rally.

I think I'm going to have to say goodbye to this championship.

OC is now running too late in my AM to complete before my morning duties begin, and there is no way I can make the EU and US times.

As it was said before James, we could have an NZ time zone if it would be better for you and the other sheep sha........oops:wink:

But seriously, the time zones we are using are the ones from the RallyClub, so if we need to change them for the championship drivers let us know what suits you better, this goes for the US guys as well. I'm still trying to figure out when is best for them.

I did raise the point with the organising team when we were putting the rules together about running one session for everyone, just like a circut race. But I am not sure if we could find a time to suit everyone. As we base (sort of) our rallies on real countries, we could even choose a day and the start time would be 9am (as an example only) in that country. Maybe?

As for my rally tonight, WOW.

SS1 - Started well with 4 secs faster than Attila.
SS2 - Figuered out I made a mistake with tyre choice. Wet gravel tyres for the following 2 meant i dropped a lot of time to attila in this one, and a little more in SS3
SS4 - Again took time from Attila
SS5 - a little more. I looked at the overall time here and saw I had a .09 (not 9 secs but .09) lead over the Hungarian
SS6 - I really enjoy this stage in gravel and snow. Gave it my all. By the end I was sweating and out of breath but I got another 2 1/2 secs. WOW
SS7 - Blew it here. Hit a block and dropped 11 secs. Bugger
SS8 - Dropped another 7 so i am now 15 off Attila
SS9 - Took some back here, maybe there is a chance still.
SS10 - Tried hard again, 2 secs down at the first split, soon after though i slid a little wide on the exit of a fast left hander and guess who is standing there...........................................NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SS11 - Had a bit of a think here. Attila has set times that matched Seb and Ludovic in the past so i could still be in for a good overall result. Keep my head and don't make anymore mistakes.
SS12, 13 & 14 - I actually managed it. Came home 32 (i think) behind Attila and happy overall with my performance tonight.

Thanks to Attila for battle and everyone that joined in with the rally over the weekend. It's been a bit of a quiet one in the forum but I am happy with the turnout.

Thanks to the team for all your hard work guys.

As it was said before James, we could have an NZ time zone if it would be better for you and the other sheep sha........oops:wink:

But seriously, the time zones we are using are the ones from the RallyClub, so if we need to change them for the championship drivers let us know what suits you better, this goes for the US guys as well. I'm still trying to figure out when is best for them.

I did raise the point with the organising team when we were putting the rules together about running one session for everyone, just like a circut race. But I am not sure if we could find a time to suit everyone. As we base (sort of) our rallies on real countries, we could even choose a day and the start time would be 9am (as an example only) in that country. Maybe?

Apologies for being off topic..

Rick- it looks like everyone else is sitting fine, and I am a bit of an oddball when it comes to gaming times (4:30am local time is typically when I get started).

You are meeting the needs of everyone else-no need to address my individual needs. I'm sorry to miss, but Rallyesim keeps me pretty busy.

I'll do RD Rally Club and pounce on a few RD Championship stages when I can.

And in a few months the time will chnage again and I'll be back 100%

Thanks,
James

Could you send to me a few repalys, please, because I want to make a short highlights music video ;)
So, my rally is so good, I made a few, little mistakes, and once time, I hitted a photomaker on the Sikakama.
7th in overall this session is pretty good, only one CL car overtook me. I hope I will stand on the podium, in the CL.

EDIT: If you doubt in my work, watch my highlights videos, on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jegember95?feature=mhum

As for the event itself, I think that apart from the odd graphically anomaly the Finnish stages are quite well suited to gravel mod and would welcome them again in the RDRC. My only criticism of the event is that it did lack a bit of variety - perhaps throwing in something like Tervaniemi 15km would've been better than running some of the same stages in reverse later on.

I agree with you Chris, Tervaniemi and Perogny were used last season. However, Tervaniemi had to be left out of the times because it is very heavy on graphics usage and some drivers simply can't run it. I was hoping someone at rallyesim would have tried optimising it so it runs better as it is an AMAZING stage. Perogny has issues with the fact you can drive through most of the trees, so both of them really aren't usable.

I believe that the next update (update 4) will have the Limbo stage which is another good one I would have liked to have use this round and there is a BIG stage that will hopefully be released in the next few months. I will have to re-arange the format of this rally to use it next season but it is a classic Finish stage and looks fantastic to drive.

After my mess on Sunday - am I now on the retirement-list? I am thinking of joining Ondrej on the EU4-session tonight, but am not sure if I am able to use the S2000 for points. If I am regarded as retired, then I will test a WRC :)

After my mess on Sunday - am I now on the retirement-list? I am thinking of joining Ondrej on the EU4-session tonight, but am not sure if I am able to use the S2000 for points. If I am regarded as retired, then I will test a WRC :)

According to the rules, I'm afraid so. Test the WRC.

I don't want to say anything, if you will like my video of this rally, may be that I will undertake this job :)
EDIT: But I need some replays for the video, only Nigel sent to me so far.

Sorry, I didn't save any replays. Maybe next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%