RDRC S2 - Round 2 - Alpine Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very true, but first you have to survive Bisanne Monte Carlo on tarmac tyres to gain that advantage. :eek::wink:
And after the Alps stage you have to go down the Joux Plane 2 stage on Monte Carlo aswell. I would not go down that stage without snowtires on that surface...

Alpes is a beautiful stage-smooth as glass, and many spots you can view for .5km in front of you..

I thought the wrecked Ken Block Monster Ford about 8.6 km off to the right was a nice touch!

Just did a run on snows-going to see what wet tarmacs are like.

I think snows are better for Bisanne on its own, but this Bisanne-Alpes-Joux Plane will be an interesting combo.

I think wet tarmacs are the only way to go on JP...

Wet tarmacs did great on Alpes-just a barely detectable loss of grip at the rear. High speed braking stability was quite impressive, and that is high praise coming from me as it has always been a problem with my PS2 controller setup.

Alpes is positively marvelous-would love to have a whole collection of stages done as this one. Probably the best BTB stage I've driven...

For me for this rally wet tarmacs all the way

Alpes is a beautiful stage-smooth as glass, and many spots you can view for .5km in front of you..

I thought the wrecked Ken Block Monster Ford about 8.6 km off to the right was a nice touch!

Just did a run on snows-going to see what wet tarmacs are like.

I think snows are better for Bisanne on its own, but this Bisanne-Alpes-Joux Plane will be an interesting combo.

I think wet tarmacs are the only way to go on JP...

On Joux Plane, until the second split the wet tarmac tyres are very good, but on the end of the stage, they have got very bad grip.

I agree with you, Adam.

Would you prefer snows or wet tarmacs for the stage as a whole?

I don't know, I think I will need more test to decide it. Because on Alpes I had a 7:40 time with snow tyres, but with wet tarmacs I could do 6:13. Until the second split on Joux Plane with wet tarmacs, it's a little bit faster for me (5-6 seconds quicker), but the last sector is very dangerous for me right now with it. When you powersliding and handbraking in the hairpins on JP, the car behaves very well all the time, but the braking points are very-very risky. Probably it should be a setup issue, so I still have to make some setups for it.

Anyway, this situation is very similar as we watched on IRC's Monte Carlo Rally. :D You can choose from two things: you make a safe choice with the snow tyres, or you take some risks for the points with chosing the wet tarmacs. Hard to decide which will the best. :)

LOL, only 31 drivers signed up so far. Has this one scared a few people off already?

I'm a little bit scared about the last six stages. On the original stages, like Joux Plane, very-very difficult to drive on tarmac tyres, but on the Alpes stage almost impossible (at least for me) to finish the stage on snow tyres.

I'm a little bit scared about the last six stages. On the original stages, like Joux Plane, very-very difficult to drive on tarmac tyres, but on the Alpes stage almost impossible (at least for me) to finish the stage on snow tyres.

Yep, LOL. Wecome to The Monte. I TRIED to make this round a very very difficult one. I didn't think it would scare people off though, lol. The Monte Carlo Rally has been about tyre choice for as long as i can remember. I have found it interesting that I have always thought snow tyres were much faster and safer in the monte mod, but most of the comments have been the other way.

At least round 3 will be easier for most people and those that DO run this one will pick up some easier points;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%