RDRC S1 - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the sessions that are yet to run, if they stage appears in your rally, you may run it or skip it, the times will not count for either stage 2 or stage 5.

see your point but it's a pity because like Warren these were two of my best stages :(

@new date tonight: by all means. I suppose we rally freaks are really in it for the fun of it, no strings attached. (Also it let's Gaetan score some decent team points, Go Gaetan, Go!)

SS1 - nothing fancy, not fast, no errors
SS2 - just to try it out. Worked fine, great stage too
SS3 - hit a tree, hard, 2km in. Pace notes aren't quite right there, I think? Killed it. Too bad, one of my favourite stages.
SS4 - messier, but a couple of seconds faster than SS1
SS5 - skipped
SS6 - same place as SS3, but instead of hitting the tree, I hit the marshals. There were other moments as well, got a new PM, and my cellphone rang, so I looked over to see what it was, and I had a big roll :D. When I recovered, I was facing the correct way, but I turned the other way instead.
SS7 - retired
SS8 - nothing special, messy in a couple of places, but got the EUX stage win :D
SS9 - this was one of my best stages ever :woot:. I think it was a 100% clean stage. I guess I was just too hard on the brakes sometimes, lost the stage win to Gaetan by 0.74s. I love Sikakama
SS10 - went wide at the lake, ran into some rocks. Later ended up on my roof by another lake.
SS11 - huge pirouette 200m before the finish line
SS12 - Sikakama again :love:. Went for speed instead of beauty this time. 8 seconds faster, thought I got the EUX stage win.

Not a great night, a lot of fails, but I had fun :). Love the Finland stages, although I prefer them in gravel :D

Cheers Rick for organizing it all :thanks:

Sadly I won't be able to attend the final round of the championship due to job commitments for December. Would just like to say its been a blast, really well run championship have had alot of fun and would like to thank all for organising and racing :).

SS1 - two little errors, one roll but recovered fine even though it destroyed my car I was fast, but due to this I missed one slow turn and oversteered, recovered also fine :D
SS2 - mlynky retired
SS3 - consistent fast and smooth, only one go away trip but in high speed I got back to the track
SS4 - I was too tight in that tree turn (I guess where Senad died?) and I was hard to recover... finally faster than SS1 LOL, I was really pushing from this point!
SS5 - mlynky retired
SS6 - night? LOL... I rolled few times I was happy with my time until one crash :(
SS7 - fast and smooth, really consistent and I am happy with my time... door crash in the last turn, but nothing serious, I guess 1 sec lost
SS8 - I hate this stage... but BIG JUMP! and this time I made it properly Senad :p
SS9 - I destroyed (I would guess?) turbocharger... at the main start! for the whole rally I didnt cross speed of 122 km/h, with a lot of time on 3rd gear when turbo started working and 4rd when it started working... no failures noted by co driver, I finished
SS10 - Haha, much faster better than SS6! But until I crashed, and locked by trees - I would recover back on wheel if there would be no tree... I had to call assistance
SS11 - lost all concentration, gold mine for crash replays, 3 assistance call (and I really hate this stage)
SS12 - everything I messed in SS9 I made better there... much! amazing and clean sliding - EUX stage win :p

really a lot of fun... I love snow, I love this car... I just loved this night even I had a lot of epic fails...Senad, I defeated you :thumb:

Gaetan, Dariusz and anyone else who gave up after those Mlynky stages, feel free to join the EUX session tonight at 20 GMT :good:

Oh man....didn't read this post in time, would have joined for some fun ( without the Mlynky stages:mad: ), too late now..:frown:

I won't give up on RBR:rolleyes:, this game is too good for that, i was just REALLY fustrated after the 1st CTD and sunk even lower after 2nd. Didn't have the will to play anymore and was ''skipping'' stages after that. Bad for the points, i know, but just have had enough....

Thx Senad for organizing it, i will be doing all remaining round.:)

Just a small comment to those drivers who expressed anger and frustration about the Mlynky Stage, especially the comment that the Stage should have been more thoroughly tested by the organisers of the RDRC.

Whilst your frustration is understandable, it is not fair to vent that anger on the orgasnisers (Rick and Senad). This was REALLY unfortunate, and at the moment very hard to diasgnose what is going wrong with the Stage. When Rick chose this Stage, it seemed a good choice, very different, very tricky to drive, but was working fine off-line.
Due to some weird bad luck, RSRBR2010 was Updated to 08 one day before the Rally, and the Update affected only one Stage, Mlynky (who would have believed that). Now, a couple of us noticed a possible problem with the Stage dropping out at a certain spot, but it seems to be very random. I personally spent ages testing it off line, and found it dumped me three times out of about 12 test runs. In the end, I re-installed Update 08 and hoped it would be ok in the On-Line Rally. In the end, I had no problem with it, but don't know if that was still random luck.

Guys, this was totally unavoidable by the Organisers, and they have done a generous job by allowing those who had problems (gave up in disgust) to re-run the Rally. Strangely, most of us ended up running the stage without problem.

I guess the frustration could go both ways too. In my case, I had just returned from holidays, so had very little time to prepare for this Round. What little time I had, was spent testing Mlynky only (trying to find the problem). In the end, I ran two very good Stage times at Mlynky, only to have them excluded. :frown: Had I spent the time testing / preparing for the other stages (especially Kaihuavara II ), I would have found the dodgy pacenote that caused me to wreck my Rally there ( I hit the same tree both times).
However, I fully accept the decisions by the Organisers, it seems fairest, and just put it down to the vagaries of On-Line Racing, and look forward to the next Event. :wink:

Overall Rally Results

rallyresults.png

Congrats to our winners, Sebastien in the A league, and Gäetan in the Premier :good:

Another dominating performance by Sebastien, over 2 and a half minutes in front of everyone. But it was a very close fight between him and Jakub. They were within a couple of seconds of each other on most stages, but Jakub had some issues on SS6 and 9, so Sebastien was able to make such a big gap.

The situation in Premier was a bit different, only 6 seconds between P1 and 2. The stage wins were nicely distributed, everyone was fast at least somewhere.

8 different stage winners this time, 2 in A, and 6 in Premier league:

Sebastien Levret: 9 stage wins (A League) :star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Jakub Sulej: 3 stage wins (A League) :star::star::star:
Gaëtan Legastelois: 3 stage wins (Premier League) :star::star::star:
Łukasz Demolin: 3 stage wins (Premier League) :star::star::star:
Ludovic Cogotti: 3 stage wins (Premier League) :star::star::star:
Ondrej Kapal: 1 stage win (Premier League) :star:
Senad Subašić: 1 stage win (Premier League) :star:
Roman Kruszewski: 1 stage win (Premier League) :star:

Honourable mentions:
Roman and Ondrej, first stage wins in RBR, I think? Congrats :)
Robb, with his third podium in 4 rounds.
Lukasz, for his massive help with Excel, therefore preventing me from killing myself :mad: :D
Mick, 7th in Premier, a decent result for one of our new drivers :)
And Lee, because I stole his stage win, and I feel bad :rose-dead: :tongue:

Thanks to all who participated, and thank you Rick for organizing the whole thing. Apologies again about the issues with the stage, I guess someone up there (or in France) doesn't like us.

If anyone has any replays they'd like to share, please send them to me at senad.subasic@gmail.com , or upload them to http://www.speedyshare.com
:thanks:

Click on the attached thumbnail for a better view. Let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Attachments

• rally results.png
    rally results.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 325
I am very very dissapointed. Update 8 & The Mlykny stage seams to have let us down at the last minute. Because of the update being released the day before the rally (and with no prior warning that I am aware of) bugs have surfaced in the stage and too many peopole are having issues. Unfortunately the stage has alway, and still does run fine for me.

To the sessions that are yet to run, if they stage appears in your rally, you may run it or skip it, the times will not count for either stage 2 or stage 5.

Was this also done for the round where a number of us had problems with the Pribram stages? If not it seems a bit dodgy to be changing things as we go along. Perhaps we need this sort of thing provisioned for in the rules for next season.
For the record I had no problems with the Mlynky stages either.

My goal for this round was no retirements; just keep it on the road and drive nice and steady. 6th overall (and 1st in the OC) is a result I'm happy with, much improved on my previous attempts!
It was all pretty tidy, with only the odd lapse of concentration ending in little offs or spins. Mlynky surprised me on a few turns; a little sharper than I expected, I ended up scraping along a number of the walls :redface:. Car needs a repaint after that!

Was this also done for the round where a number of us had problems with the Pribram stages? If not it seems a bit dodgy to be changing things as we go along. Perhaps we need this sort of thing provisioned for in the rules for next season.
For the record I had no problems with the Mlynky stages either.

It wasn't, but Pribram wasn't updated the day before the rally. Everyone had 3 weeks to test and report any issues then, and all who reported problems eventually solved them.
Agreed, should be added to the rules :good:

I just went through the Round 1 topic, I think only you reported a CTD in the actual event (me too, but I went way off track)? But you had a CTD with the default RBR stage as well.

EDIT: cheers Warren

Well it is a bit strange with those stages, we might be blowin' it out of proportion, only 2 or 3 people had any issues whatsoever. I'd go out on a limb and blame the load on the RSRBR server right after releasing an update. And maybe some settings/outdated C++ Redist or something on machines where Mlynky crashed. I run a quite occupied PC, even when playing RBR, and I don't experience many technical difficulties while doing so.

The decision was made, what happened happened and I don't think it was a really bad call to make the results of Mlynky void. Although running again shouldn't be allowed in such cases (when the stage is canceled and only those that worked fine are re-run). I had my own struggles with nerves too, as much as I understand them it probably isn't a best practice for the future. This round should be left as is, without tinkering with the results too much (although it has stripped me of a Premier win here ;)). [Filter it through the grumpy-ramblings of a slower guy-filter, please, don't get offended ;)]

Results - well, good stuff. Premier was extremely varied, we've got 4 drivers sharing stagewins, up to 6-8 drivers with an extremely similar pace (although 2 or 3 still lack the consistency, surprisingly I messed up only slightly this time). I really don't want to go away from Premier, not from this kind of battles :D. And if we've left Premier for A there would be like 5-6 drivers left here :].

But it's not a place to discuss it, so I'll just say - THANKS to all (Senad and Rick in especially) for making the League such a great experience. I'm really looking forward to the last round and season 2 :).

And tell me - how do we catch this damn Frenchman in the front?! ;)

Ok, this round has caused me much stress. In an effort make sure we don't start arguing and turning people away because they don't want to get involved in a hostile series I am locking this thread.

I made decissions that may have been in error this time around, both in regard to the Mlynky stage and to one driver regrding replays. I appologise to anyone that has been effected negitively and will see that soemthing is writen into the rules for next season to cover a situation like this.

I took on the responsibility of running this championship so I have to take the good with the bad. I am the lead organiser (even if Senad does most of the work) and i make the final decissions about the way it is run. If anyone has an issue that they want to bring up or just complain to me about the way it was run, please PM me, we can discuss it in PRIVATE, I have broad shoulders and can take the pressure. Lets move on to round 5 and the second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%