RDRC S1 - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 25 drivers. What a great turn out. 14 in Premier and 11 in A. I apologize in advance to the OC guys. I will not be very sociable in my run. I won't be on teamspeak and am going to be just going straight through with an occasional stop for a drink. I haven't driven in what must be 7 weeks and am finding concentrating quite hard so we'll see what happens. Good luck to all

Cheers

Rally to forget for me, 5 retirements and numerous CFH's, shame as i love snow. Also on Mlynki stage the game droped to desktop in exactly the same spot twice ( have the 08 update ) and it have selected wrong car for me:confused::confused:, didn't notice the 1st time but had to manually select the right pack and car the 2nd time around. So my rally have finished on 2nd stage stage for me tonight, didn't have the will to continue after that, nor it was enjoyable anymore. Just not fair when THE GAME not ME decides about the results:mad:. Time for some reflection if i'll continue with this championship or not.............:frown:

Thanks again, great nights rally. Mlynky!! what the .... cant keep her on the road. Call for help first run then roll followed by 180 spin on second run. Rest of rally went ok, except stupid retirement , distracted by my dog (monty) and hit a tree losing oil preasure, no grub for him 2moz.Will be back next week, having to much fun to miss rally night. Thanks to all.

Dariusz, don't give up! Maybe a redownload of the update/trackpack can help. Weird stuff with Mlynky, doesn't look like a typical thing.

As for me, the rally was amazing. I was thinking about dropping out/starting with OC guys because of tomorrow/me being chronically pumped out lately, but I'm glad I decided to start. Warmed for 20 minutes only again and jumped straight into the game, narrowly missing a DNS.

Started off with what I thought was a decent and pretty good run through SS1, only to be beaten quite considerably by Ludovic and Gaetan. It had me worried a bit, because I was pushing quite hard here. And then came SS2, Mlynky, that saw me crashing massively. I got interrupted by a family member seeking "TV remote guidance" and went straight off on the tight lefthander, costing me tons of time to get back on the road. Apparently Ludovic had some problems too, because he didn't crush me right away.

SS3 was another fail on my end, I clipped a clearly NOT "don't cut" bank and found that there was a sneaky stone or something hidden in the snow. Car almost flipped, traveled across the road and smashed head on into a tree. Guess what? My specialty, locked gearbox! Rest of the stage in 3rd, luckily. But my confidence in the fact that I'll be able to compete with Ludovic was shrinking. Next stages saw us exchange couple-second advantages (I was really, really cautious on second run through Mlynky, scared after the first one) and "Day 1" finished with him ahead by almost 18s, Robb narrowly following us and looking for an opportunity to strike.

SS7-12 must've suit me somehow, because from the beginning of "day 2" I started to pull away from Ludovic. He had some issues on one stage and then I think something caused a drop in his pace (waiting for my expected crash? :D), because it wasn't till virtually SS12 when he finally crushed my time by over 5s.

Despite Rick's worries it looks that there is no dominant force in Premier. We had 3 or 4 stage winners today (congrats to Lee Palmer for his amazing performance, lacking only a bit of consistency. Great pace for a "newcomer"). Time differences weren't tremendous and It's really fun when we have a few drivers on similar levels fighting with each other.

Also Krzysztof was very good, had some problems, but his pace wasn't bad for a fresh RBR driver (faster than me with my first steps at least).

I can't wait to see how the rest of the guys will fare compared to us. There is lots of room (well, maybe except P1 :D) to gain time, so it'll be interesting. Thanks for organizing the event, championship, for driving and creating a great RBR atmosphere :).

great night out as usual

p1 mustaselka, only one small off, concentrated careful run but feeling the glass of red wine I had for dinner :) 5:43:72
p2 mlynky, got through unscathed while many didn't, good basis for the rest of rally, new pb, I think 5th overall at 4:31:10
p3 sikakama, first loss of concentration with 15 secs to go resulted in double flip and call for help, 6:55
p4 mustaselka 2nd run, np close to pb at 5:36
p5 mlynky 2nd run, fully concentrated again, red wine subsiding, another clean run at 4:34 great run by teammate roman, 10secs faster!
p6 sikakama 2nd run, night!!! totally overread that in preparation, loved it and put in my best sikakama either way for the night, 6:30
p7 kaihuuvara II, icy, never found my rhythm, two flips of which the second saw me lose all gears save the 2nd one, crawled home at 5:21, about a minute off pb :(
p8 autiovaara II, almost a pb, spent a lot of time half in snow half on track, only one small off after bridge, 4:05, great run by teammate keybi at 4:03
p9 sikakama II dreadful, two flips resulted in two calls for help, 7:31, almost 90 secs off pb
p10 kaihuuvara II, 2nd run, much better than first one, only got stuck in first hairpin, rest ok at 4:40
p11 autiovaara II, 2nd run, flipped pretty early on and lost rear wing, second small off same place as last run, lol, overall lost 40 sces, disappointed at 4:49, mick aspinall getting to within 10 secs
p12 pushed to fight mick off and had to pay dearly, two flips, both of which luckily ended sunny side up facing roughly in the right direction but car reacted badly after 2nd flip, lost 30 secs at 6:46 and got passed in overall standing by mick on last stage, congratulations m8

I think I finished 9th overall or 10th, thx a lot for the organization, another superb rally event! waiting for the overall results

@senad, here are stages 04, 06 and 12, pity mlynky doesn't allow replays
http://rapidshare.com/files/432524446/Replays_rd_snow_von_glan.zip

First 3 stages I was distracted I talked on the phone which resulted in:

SS1 - first corner disaster, ruining gearbox
SS2 - I almost got to end in quite good time, but wit 30 sec. to go I touched barreirs little and immediately I killed brakes which effected with CFH on next sharp corner - back on wheels I had only 1st gear but decided to continue, next corner engine died - but I managed to roll with no power to finish :)
SS3 - almost copy of SS1

After I finished the call - it all went quite good and I started to climb back up the order. I even scored 3rd or 4th time in Slovakia - it was 1st place in N-group for this stage :)

Then I had quite a good pace and rythm spoiled by 2 or 3 spins which robbed me some time.

Without this distraction on SS1- SS3 I would be some places ahead but under such circumstances - I'm happy with my performance! I beat my Team-mate what dosen't make me very happy reading how hopeless rally he had.

BTW Senad please assign me to NOOB Team with Dariusz.

See ya next time when it's time for RDRC!

Also on Mlynki stage the game droped to desktop in exactly the same spot twice ( have the 08 update ) and it have selected wrong car for me:confused::confused:, didn't notice the 1st time but had to manually select the right pack and car the 2nd time around. So my rally have finished on 2nd stage stage for me tonight, didn't have the will to continue after that, nor it was enjoyable anymore. Just not fair when THE GAME not ME decides about the results:mad:. Time for some reflection if i'll continue with this championship or not.............:frown:

Sorry about your issues Dariusz, don't really know what might be the problem. Reminds me of my Pikes Peak issues a few weeks ago, engine died twice at the exact same place.
Since only you seem to have suffered, maybe try updating the drivers for your graphics card, redownloading the update and stage pack, and see if it happens again? Did it work offline?

Anyway, you could've sent me a PM after that first CTD, we could've rescheduled.

@Roman, I have you in that team in my spreadsheet, no worries.

Hmmmnnnn!!!
I just tried a few test runs (off-line) at Mlynky and had the game dump me out twice (both at same spot). It was fairly early on, up the fast hill climb part before the tight left hander.

On each occasion I was able to reload the Stage and run it without a problem.
Very strange, I normally have no problems like this. :confused::confused:

I guess I'll be holding my breath on this Stage tonight, and not just hoping to avoid crashing the car, which is very likely. :rolleyes:

Mlynky worked on single player but in the rally it did not load up and indicated that i retired ... should i continue the rally?

i figured i could do the rest of the rally and somehow be given the chance to make up that stage? I tested it thoroughly before hand and it worked.

Also Krzysztof was very good, had some problems, but his pace wasn't bad for a fresh RBR driver (faster than me with my first steps at least).

Thank you for nice words toward me m8. I enjoyed it a lot. My goal was to finish all the races, unfortunately 4 retirements.

@Dariusz it was really nice to see Polish flag next to your nick name. Do not resign please!

Snow is so great, I love it.

Nice event for me, I didn't make mistake during the 12 stages and in the last one I was faster than my training time. Wait for the other sessions to see the pace of everybody. For the EU I finished 1st with severals minutes in front of Jakub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%