RDRC : BTB stages comments thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From trying to help Viesturs out with this problem I can tell you that it is on all BTB stages and that his card is a ATI Radeon 9600. From the reading I've done it looks like his card doesn't support pixel shaders 3.0 which are needed for BTB, although I'm uncertain as to whether there is any kind of fix or workaround for this type of issue.

Yeah i remember Robb Kulscar was having the same problem (graphic slideshow) on most BTB stages with an ATI card?, i think he eventually upgraded after trying most suggestions.. o/s & vid card driver updates etc.

Sounds like Chris might have isolated the cause?

Well, this card wasn't new when RBR itself came out. Lack of support for PS 3.0 is quite a hurdle. On a positive note newer, more powerful card can be bought for peanuts used now though, shouldn't be much of a problem.

The problem is that I have ancient motherboard with ancient slot for the graphic card which means I cant buy nothing way more powerfull. I can buy some better graphic card but its not going to be new though. Have to buy used one, thats not very nice :p Well, I`ll see what I can do, I dont think of buying new motherboard in new future but mayeb I could get as powerfull graphic card as possible between the used ones and that fits in this slot (cant remember which one was the old one.. AGP, I guess..)

Thanks for support though :)

You can look around for a cheapo 6600GT I guess. However at that point it might be more reasonable to find a budget PCI-E motherboard, as AGP card prices tend to climb unreasonably high, at least there in Poland (due to the shortage in supply).

Well I found new graphic card for a reasonable price:

ASUS HD3450 AGP 512MB DDR2

What do you guys think about it?

To buy a new motherboard and then another graphic card + who knows what else doesnt fit from the old motherboard.. Not sure if I really want to do that now. Plus Im planning to buy a car in a month or so.. so I should be careful with expenses :p

Still, what about that card? I dont understand nothing from graphic cards to be honest.

HD3450 is comparable to the 7300GT. And it can be bought new for less than used 7600s or more powerful, but used cards. And from my budget-spending experience I can say that those 2 years of warranty aren't worthless. Also the HD3000 family guarantees the newer DX technologies, even if it's not an amazing performer. Should be able to handle RBR in lower resolutions :).

If you don't want to spend money on a more complex upgrade the card should be able to pull off BTB stages. But don't consider it a real upgrade and don't rush into high details right after installing it :).

I wanted to test Sweet Lamb with my new PC, that I'm playing with and it's far better than mine, so no issue about hardware, but this special stage ran only once, first time that I've installed RSRBR 2011 and now each time it gets me in RS Center just before the beginning, when is uploaded all. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%