RDRC : BTB stages comments thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
32 bit OS's can address up to 4GB of memory, however any memory mapped device like a graphics card will take up the addressable memory, eating into the value of available memory reported by the OS.

Applications can only use 2GB of memory on XP regardless of how much RAM you have.

I also was confident 32bit XP can address 3gigs of memory (all the excessive RAM is simply never used). And the 64bit XP is absolutely useless.

All in all seems like a RAM issue maybe? Or maybe is has something to do with 7's clever memory-reserving methods, that would require a better background check on my side ;).

I'm pretty sure that 32 bit will only use approx 3gb Ram max (spread across all resources), so my 4GB in XP is actually not fully used.

Anyway, just a thought, but if anyone has a contact with the maker of this Stage, maybe he can provide the answer. He states in his readme support that the Stage is not "optimised" for lower spec PC's, so he probably knows what the limitations are. Alternatively, maybe a question posted into the BTB Forum here might yield an answer, these guys seem to understand the software and RBR???

Finally ran this stage, it is really low framerates for me, but playable. On Sweet Lamb I don't dip below 120fps, on Tervaniemi I never get above 29fps.

Win 7 32bit
Intel Core2 Duo
nVidia 9800 GT

I have a question since I'm very new to RBR. Why is it that BTB stages can't save replays? Any way to sorta... umm circumvent that? Would kinda suck to do an awesome run on a BTB stage only to have it be lost in time forever :(

The TV cams require the stage designer to manually position them. As Norman said, it's not a concrete method of viewing them, I'd say many of the designers don't bother.

Hey guys after doing a few rounds at limbo I've noticed that if I enter the game a few sound effects will be missing. Stuff like car crashing wont have any sound or the gear change wont have any sound. I've also notice that I can go through a few trees, bushes or people. Is anyone else getting these bugs? If these arent normal then how can i fix them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%