RDRC 6, Ecurie Ecosse, RDRC2

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Ross McGregor, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +892
    Hi there, myself & Alasdair Beck will be teaming up for a full assault on the RDRC2 this season as 'Ecurie Ecosse' driving the R4 Mitsuibishi Evo X. However, we lack the necessary photoshop skills to create a truly quality skin. Is there a kind soul out there who can fix us up with a high-res skin based on this simple uber-Scottish design:

[​IMG]

The sponsors' logos aren't important, but the saltire design and colours are! The 'Ecurie Ecosse' badge is also a necessity! We'd love it if we had a skin to do the historic Ecurie Ecosse name justice! We'd hate it if I had to make a skin therefore making everyone's eyes bleed....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,303
  3. Michael Nelson

Michael Nelson
    #118 RMI Motorsport (RDLMS)

Ratings:
    +431
    I can do this if Roy doesn't want to. That's a very cool looking livery.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +892
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

5. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,788
    I don't even have time to paint my own teams cars... Go ahead, @Michael Nelson :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Nelson

Michael Nelson
    #118 RMI Motorsport (RDLMS)

Ratings:
    +431
    @Ross McGregor @Alasdair Beck

Here's a quick mock-up. What do you guys think of this design? It'll probably need some sponsors to fill it up, but you guys can get to that when it comes.

[​IMG]

(Here's one with the Ecurie Ecosse badge on the front, http://imgur.com/3CtgprR . Personally I think it'd look better at the back)

I need to know what numbers you guys are racing under next season.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +892
    THAT. IS. THE. DOG'S. NADGERS!

The 'Ecurie Ecosse' badge is normally just a small one that sits between the front wheel arch and the edge of the driver's/passenger side door- like the in the photo I posted above. I think that's been a feature of the team since the 1950's when they were at Le Mans!

And the saltire on the roof should probably just be a boring old white cross on a plain blue background. (it's traditional!) I don't think there's any need for a lot of sponsor logos etc, I think the design you've created speaks for itself! Perhaps a couple of tyre manufacturer stickers (not sure if it's Pirelli, Michelin or BF Goodrich these cars run on!) and some Mitsubishi branding would be required, maybe @Alasdair Beck has a few ideas?

But that design is exactly the type of thing we need! Thanks a million- it looks great!

P.S.- I will hopefully be #32, not sure what number Alasdair is.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alasdair Beck

Alasdair Beck

Ratings:
    +134
    That looks mean as Feck!!!! A few Irn Bru logos and we'll be good to go

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alasdair Beck

Alasdair Beck

Ratings:
    +134
    I think I'm number 15 as far as I can remember