RDMC by Extreme Simracing: Round One Live Today

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RDMC by Extreme Sim Racing Rd1.jpg

The RaceDepartment Mini Challenge by Extreme Simracing kicks off later today, let's take a look at the pre-qualifying and road to round 1.

Guest article by @Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Pre-qualifying done and Round One is just around the corner as the 'Silent Assasin' Ross McGregor fired the first shot, going against he's weakness as he won the season opening pre-qualifying event in spectacular style.

He made a statement, will the people of RDMC fight back in the opening championship race?

Second place went to Chris Butcher, third Chris Shepherd and fourth was taken by Luka Berk.

Following a tense pre-qualifying, we caught up with top warrior Chris Butcher and this are his words :

CHRIS BUTCHER “Well he only got P1 because I stopped lapping, I could have gone quicker!

Some of the not so good surprises were Frank Lehman down in 27th, Magnus sternby 51st and Dave Stephenson 37th, me personally, I was expecting all of them to be in Division 1, guess I should not play the bookies...

One big surprise was Bram Hengeveld in 10th place, very happy for him.

First round we go into the Ardities country at the well known Imola race track, very scenic track, very fun and challenging with some corners where these mighty Minis will definitely find the limit, and perhaps the wall...

One tip that this writer can give to the drivers is to always be on the accelerator pedal, even in braking 2-5% - liftoff oversteer will be deadly in the middle part of the track.

The opening race of the 2019 RaceDepartment Mini Challenge by Extreme Simracing will take place live on the RDTV Twitch channel from 13:30 UTC HERE.

Pre-Qualification Results in Full:
RDMC pre qualy results.png

Round One full race broadcast on demand:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/362730189

Last edited:
Not the same is it.. were all meant to be a part of this esports event. All the hours weve put in, getting cars skinned,qualifying, performing on the day just to go un-noticed
Are you offering to host a whole other stream with a whole other comm crew and broadcaster to cover the second split? ;)

Thank you for your opinion, but sometimes we can't please everyone. If the races were on at different times, it would be an entirely different case, but we have one crew, one twitch page, and one stream. We can't cover everything. :)

Are you offering to host a whole other stream with a whole other comm crew and broadcaster to cover the second split? ;)

Thank you for your opinion, but sometimes we can't please everyone. If the races were on at different times, it would be an entirely different case, but we have one crew, one twitch page, and one stream. We can't cover everything. :)

Could have the races 15,20 or even 30 mins apart its a BIG event so why not try please all?
im sure the creators of this event could have devised such a plan and okay’d it with yourselfs or whom it concerned.

Would have made us in division 2 feel connected to this awesome event.

Or simply run 24 cars for one division and thats it as thats clearly whats unfolding anyway

Regards

Not the same is it.. were all meant to be a part of this esports event. All the hours weve put in, getting cars skinned,qualifying, performing on the day just to go un-noticed

I understand your frustration. The very first league I took part in on RD was the StockV8 league and I was in division 2 for almost the entire league so I was never featured on any streams. It did upset a lot of people and in the end I think we had only five cars left in DIV2. Admittedly I was at the back in the DIV1 race so I can understand why I wasn't shown! lol :)

However, by racing in DIV2 you do at least get to race against people on the same level which is a bonus, rather than RD capping the limit at say 30 cars and everyone else gets dropped.

Secondly as @Joseph Wright points out RD only have one broadcast team, so unless they run the races at different times it's not possible for both divisions to have coverage. I'm not too sure if the broadcast team would want to cover two races back to back anyway. That would be a very long day for them.

So why not run Div 2 afternoon and Div 1 in the evening as it is main event? Events are pretty short it's not a endurance league so doesn't involve as much time. Drivers in Div 2 were only slightly slower in pre-quali than div 1 but it doesn't mean they are not good fighters.
I must admit that as a viewer/fan i feel a little bit disappointed.

I understand your frustration. The very first league I took part in on RD was the StockV8 league and I was in division 2 for almost the entire league so I was never featured on any streams. It did upset a lot of people and in the end I think we had only five cars left in DIV2. Admittedly I was at the back in the DIV1 race so I can understand why I wasn't shown! lol :)

However, by racing in DIV2 you do at least get to race against people on the same level which is a bonus, rather than RD capping the limit at say 30 cars and everyone else gets dropped.

Secondly as @Joseph Wright points out RD only have one broadcast team, so unless they run the races at different times it's not possible for both divisions to have coverage. I'm not too sure if the broadcast team would want to cover two races back to back anyway. That would be a very long day for them.

Dude or to anybody else wish to comment, im not argueing in anyway shape or form btw nor am i trying to get a reaction from anyone or any member of RD im simply just giving my opinion on the verdict of one race being broadcasted, it is frustrating tbh and i never knew that only div 1 would be broadcasted prior to it beginning, i also respect that the commentary team etc is limited and they may not be excited or up to the idea of doing a “two divisions broadcast” but it would have been better if it was maybe one race per circuit (slightly longer) then broadcast div 1 and 2 , maybe RD heirachy may see such a option as a future plan then great

Scott your frustration is not being ignored, nor are we saying, "deal with it". It is a shame that we can't feature Div 2 in the event. But as you mention, the two events could be raced one in the afternoon and one in the evening... except every week the division drivers will change due to points, and this means that a driver who may be able to attend a race at 13:00UTC on Saturday in Div 2 might not be able to attend the 20:00UTC Saturday in Div 1. It is a shame, but just like any eSport series, Div 1 will always be broadcasted. Div 2 is an optional extra.

Okay, i understand your feedback and ive gave my opinion but as you know everyone has put alot of time effort and dedication into this, if i was aware we couldnt go view our races back or the division split would only broadcast 1 then i may have passed on entering as i enter races not for fun but to try achieve my targets which i set to try get places in esports or leagues

Yes i only managed to qualify into div 2 which was done fairly, but that doesnt mean were too slow as it was pretty tight in places imo.

Thanks for your reply, appreciated

RD FOUNDER on a public chat using deliberate language to belittle a RD paid member.
Very professional bram (detect the sarcasm)

Faster, okay, well i was in 8th from 15th by the first 6 corners then i got badly shunted into the top chicane so dropped too last by lap 1 but still finished 9th, yeah i’ll always keep going pal!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 89 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 127 13.7%