RDLMS Season 7 Schedule Alteration

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RDLMS.png

Unexpected events cause change in RDLMS Season 7 Schedule - Round One converted to test event.

Following concerns regarding the origins of the track to be used for the opening round of RDLMS season 7, we have taken the decision to cancel the points scoring rewards from the race. Round One originally scheduled for March 4th has been converted to a test event not eligible for points towards the main season. As an offer of apology for the change in circumstances we are pleased to offer the winning drivers of both the Prototype and GTE class a full years free Premium membership to RaceDepartment.

A new season finale six hour race will now take place on November 18th. The remaining schedule will remain as it is currently.

Our rescheduled opening test race will still remain a Live Stream event, broadcast via our Twitch and Youtube channels, with full professional commentary.

The test race will maintain the original 4th March date and will be held at the Estoril circuit for a duration of two hours.

RaceDepartment would like to thank @melanieuk for the notification of the potential issues surrounding the Imola circuit and wish to apologize for the issues caused by this late change in plans.

Round One of the new season will now take place at the Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlargos on 1st April.

The RaceDepartment Le Mans Series by Vesaro begins with the Thrustmaster 12 Hours of Interlargos on April 1st. Drivers and teams can register for the league here and find out all you need to know about the series here.

Looking forward to RDLMS 7? Will you be taking part in the series or watching on from the sidelines? Which of the awesome prizes would you like to win this season? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It's getting ridciolous. :rolleyes:
The total respect of a few people including yourself is getting ridiculous. Let me remind you that you are a guest in our house, and as a guest you need to live up to a few simple rules.

As you completely fail to do so, you are not longer welcome here for the next week (or month if this continues).

Guys, this is getting silly.
Only when doing nothing, you make no mistakes!
Always easy from the sidelines to give these guys crap. They know they screwed up. You think you do it better? Help them.
We have a saying in dutch: (literal translation) "The best helmsmen stand on shore”...
I agree. I think it was fair game that people were naturally annoyed/upset after wasted practise but there cannot have been more apologising and explanations. Its dragging on and when you read some random kids post who isn't a committed long term member (with nickname only) ...ranting on, probably about something he had no involvement with, I think we should draw the line.

Can't we just postpone the race a week later and switch it to another track? It would be a shame to waste all the time we've been testing our cars so far and the "racing mood" we all are on. Also, isn't REALLY no way we can race in Imola? Not even by a small payement by every team? I think many of us would gladly pay not to put all our efforts to this day in the trash, imo.
Unfortunately we cannot simply delay the start of the season by one week, especially at such short notice, because people - both participants and organisers - may already have other plans. Not to mention, the date of each RDLMS event has been selected to avoid conflicts with major motorsports events and other sim-racing leagues. Therefore we must keep to the dates already specified in the schedule. Sorry Amedeo.

The total respect of a few people including yourself is getting ridiculous. Let me remind you that you are a guest in our house, and as a guest you need to live up to a few simple rules.

As you completely fail to do so, you are not longer welcome here for the next week (or month if this continues).

Instead of banning people with ridiculous arguments you should do your job! It´s obvious the need of more attention on content selection for RF2 need to be done! If you care about ilegal content you need to have people on it all time!!!

And about this comment..... "you are a guest in our house" No your wrong!! We are the community we are your house actually!!! Without the community you were coocking fried chicken, so more respect for members please!!!!!!

We are the community we are your house actually!!!

I am also "the community" and I'm getting tired of these constant attempts to witch hunt the staff who actually put some work into making my evenings a bit more fun. I'm definitely here for them, not the other way around.

RD's races are run by volunteers. Yelling abuse at those volunteers is not going to make them work better, it just makes this house a little bit less friendly for everybody. Please stop getting angry at people over videogames.

I am also "the community" and I'm getting tired of these constant attempts to witch hunt the staff who actually put some work into making my evenings a bit more fun. I'm definitely here for them, not the other way around.

RD's races are run by volunteers. Yelling abuse at those volunteers is not going to make them work better, it just makes this house a little bit less friendly for everybody. Please stop getting angry at people over videogames.

I'm glad you said something as my response was going to be a little more aggressive....;):whistling:

GPfan can clearly do it better

Give it a go an you will probably realise its not that easy and they do it in their spare time.

So the comment about cooking chicken isn't true as i suspect most have fulltime jobs as well as RD

Plonkers who cannot see beyond the end of their nose should be banned for attacking the staff when it is totally uncalled for. As a member of the 'community' i would like to see you permenantly banned.

RD i like YOUR house and if i could i would sleep in it. Without you guys i wouldn't have ever known about sim racing.

Thanks for the awesome events and leagues you put on for us :)

There are rumors that say you are an expect to take that job. :whistling:
Clever post, i know your joking but the answer could be there........ certainly i could do better!! I´m a expert on this subject i dont hide that fact, after all this time this kind of situation continues to happen..... Nothing really effective was done on the subject to avoid the moaning.

Funny is that the Ferrari Challenge mod for RF2 was here during a eternity and no one was aware from where the model came from..... Most downloaded mod for RF2 if i can recall.... it was me who asked to erase the content from here because otherwise you should be able to dl the mod nowadays...... that´s funny isn´t it?

Without the community you were coocking fried chicken, so more respect for members please!!!!!!

Actually, the most fun job I've ever had was at McDonald's, I know it's not (much) fried chicken there, but what a fun gang to work with, a workforce of youth and energy. Fun times.
Oh, and RD is a hobby, non-paid volunteer-work. The amount of hours one might put down on this site are all for 0 money, and to do our best to make it possible for others to race. But you actually manage to talk down on the volunteers here, and people who work in the fast-food industry at the same time.

Funny is that the Ferrari Challenge mod for RF2 was here during a eternity and no one was aware from where the model came from..... Most downloaded mod for RF2 if i can recall.... it was me who asked to erase the content from here because otherwise you should be able to dl the mod nowadays...... that´s funny isn´t it?

I guess you have read our Terms of Service and the points about Intellectual Property? that explains what you are talking about here :)

• Deleted member 130869

There still are a few items spanning a couple of games that were ported/changed without permission but you need to offer proof as there have been occasions where a report was mistaken. But for reference, even on the s397 forum itself there are topics containing mods done without permission.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%