The IndyCar Series makes its debut in the first ever IndyCar league hosted by RaceDepartment. A six round championship in rFactor 2 on Saturday evenings. 33 of the fastest and committed drivers will drive giving their all for the top spot!
The famous Dallara DW12 in rFactor 2 closely simulates the open wheel car used in the Verizon IndyCar Series. This open-wheeler weighs around 700 kg, bringing a 2.2L, V6 turbocharged engine, ranging from 550 to 700 horsepower. Drivers must posses great car control in order to tame this beast!
The calendar for this season will take drivers to five different locations, spanning out in six rounds.
- Round 1 | Saturday, May 21st | Sebring International Raceway | 62 Laps
- Round 2 | Saturday, June 4th | Circuit Gilles Villeneuve | 54 Laps
- Round 3 | Saturday, July 2nd | Indianapolis GP | 66 Laps
Round 4 | Saturday, July 16th | Indy 500 | 200 Laps(CANCELED)
- Round 5 | Saturday, July 30th | Interlagos São Paulo | 50 Laps
- Round 6 | Saturday, August 13th |Apple Valley Speedway (Auto Club) | 85 Laps
- Round 7 | Saturday, August 27th | Indy 200 | 80 Laps
- 17:30 GMT | Free Practice | 60 minutes
- 18:30 GMT | Qualification | 15 minutes
- 18:45 GMT | Warm up |5 minutes
- 18:50 GMT | Race
- Automatic Clutch: Yes
- Automatic Gears: Yes
- Traction Control: No
- Anti-Lock Braking: No
- Stability Control: No
- Spin Recovery: No
- Steering Assist: No
- Braking Assist: No
- Auto Pitstop: No
All the drivers need to create their own custom skin or find a car painter to have one made for them. For further information, please check out our dedicated livery thread. From there, a fresh skin pack will be compiled and released to the drivers for download when ready.
Each team can slot in the maximum of three drivers per team. Sister teams can be created, but the limit will be the same: Only Three Drivers.
This league will use the same scoring system used during the IndyCar season. For the Indy 500, double points will be awarded. Additionally, the driver with most lead laps will be awarded 2 points each race and any driver who leads the race at any point for at least one lap will be awarded 1 point.
The scoring system is as follows:
- Season 1 of the RDIWS will operate in accordance with the 2016 RD League Regulations unless specifically outlined as otherwise.
- Pit stops are necessary due to the longevity of the races, plan your pits accordingly
- Flags Rules will be in full effect and live stewarding as well.
- At seasons end, the top 5 drivers in the Drivers' Championship will qualify automatically for a place in the upcoming RaceDepartment Le Mans series, should they wish to compete.
This is one of the most important parts of the league briefing you need to understand! When you sign up to the RDIWS, we expect you to be present during all six rounds. This commitment shows respect to the league, your fellow drivers and the organization.
While sometimes some absences because of real life pressing issues or pre-planned commitments happens, please demonstrate respect to the league and your co-drivers by trying to be present and compete in the races. If you know you cannot attend a particular race, please notify us well in advance of the race taking place (more than 24 hours).
To report an absence, you can click here
Drivers who fail to show commitment to the series through out its run will be forbidden to sign up to any future RD Leagues for at least a year.