RDIWS | Round 6 - Apple Valley Speedway (Fontana)

Valrys

100RPM
Premium
200% disappointed. Lots of practice, was fairly confident for the race as I seem to do well in these cars on ovals......got loose in Mr Halil's draft, but caught it down on the apron only to then be hit very hard by Tal as he got loose avoiding me.

Luckily for Tal, bumping me straightened his car out and he continued. For me, I was spun very hard into the end of the pitwall which killed my engine dead despite the fact I hadn't even lost my front wing.

Nox

6000RPM
Premium
200% disappointed. Lots of practice, was fairly confident for the race as I seem to do well in these cars on ovals......got loose in Mr Halil's draft, but caught it down on the apron only to then be hit very hard by Tal as he got loose avoiding me.

Luckily for Tal, bumping me straightened his car out and he continued. For me, I was spun very hard into the end of the pitwall which killed my engine dead despite the fact I hadn't even lost my front wing.
Tal was spun out by another driver during the FCY that followed and he too has DNFd

Tal

500RPM
@Valrys I feel really shitty about that. If it's any consolation I retired shortly after due to the car being too loose.
Basically as I veered to the middle-outside lane I caught the draft from the red car ahead (forgot who it was) and it completely unsettled the car. I tried to correct the spin but the car slid to the inside and collected you. I don't know if there's much that I could've done (aside from being a better driver maybe). Sorry again.

Valrys

100RPM
Premium
Yeah it's okay Tal, I'm just very frustrated. Once you'd lost the rear you were a passenger and you clearly didn't hit me on purpose. I could also have been a better driver and not lost myself in the draft. Very confused by it as well - hadn't had that problem in practice or the mid-week race, and I had not really changed my setup since then.

Just means now that for the final round I will be there to either bin it or win it, as everyone else picking up points today means there's nothing really for me to fight for from a championship perspective.

Shawn Jacobs

SpeedyMite Racing
Premium
That was great fun, was looking really good there especially at the start with both SpeedyMite cars in the top 5. I was battling for 3rd with not long to go, but my Spotter is a liar and will be sacked! Lol Heard the all clear and soon as a moved, contact, apologies if it caused anyone else issues! Bring on Indy

Andrew Harper

2000RPM
Premium
Had a decent race. I softened the suspension slightly and put the steering rack down to it's lowest level. Put a bit more downforce on the car and that made it stable.

Not the fastest setup but it meant the car didn't dart around too much.

The only mistake I made was I should of stopped just the once but with all the safety cars it didn't matter too much.

Congrats to the finishers and nice racing with you as always.

Looked as if I was on for a top ten finish in my first outing but it wasn't to be, the last few laps my car didn't feel quite as stable and I was fighting it in the turns a bit more, I came across the guys fighting for 15th and 16th place I think, I got past once but I became confused for a moment and thought they where in front of me and I was being lapped, it was enough for the guy in 11th to get in front of me, not sure what happened on the final lap but I managed to catch the guy who was now in my tenth spot (lol only kidding ;)) and it must have been a dead heat across the line because I noticed we had exactly the same time, but I was classified 11th, really enjoyed the race though with live stewards and pace car driver made it very realistic so thanks to those guys and for letting me race :thumbsup:

Whew. Didn't really know what I was doing with setup but I lucked into one which was fairly quick but hilariously tail-happy on cold tyres. I had some very hairy moments after pretty much every safety car.

I had a decent race though, making minimal mistakes and timing my pitstop well. With about 15 laps to go I was in 6th or 7th and catching the group battling for the final podium spot with a big gap behind me, so the final safety car came at a pretty bad time.

I then had a manic final few laps with @Kresh and @Sherwin van der Sloot (I think), drafting and passing back and forth before getting everything right to grab 6th at the end. Amazing stuff there, hard but fair, so thanks a lot!

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
It was an eventful race. First of all I want to thank all the drivers for understanding the troubles at the race start and being very patient while we worked on the backend. Truly amazing sportsmanship there:).

Second of all, looks like there is a bug at the entry of T3 which caused two cars to get damaged. During testing we weren't able find out the bug, and we would have changed the track if we knew beforehand. The most I can do for now is apologize for the mistake.

Off to Indy again!

Kresh

250RPM
Premium
I then had a manic final few laps with @Kresh and @Sherwin van der Sloot (I think), drafting and passing back and forth before getting everything right to grab 6th at the end. Amazing stuff there, hard but fair, so thanks a lot!
Those were some awesome final laps @Campbell Wallis had so much fun, great job snatching 6th on last lap from me :thumbsup:

Congrats to the podium finishers and to all who finished.

Sherwin van der Sloot

SimTech International - RDLMS#3
What a race... Let me start by giving a big thank you to our admins who did a great job managing whatever was going on, so we could enjoy a great race!

After a decent getaway from 3th, I made my way past Shane for 2nd a few laps before the first FCY. On the restart I had a massive draft from Standa, and a simple misjudgment on my part ended in damage for us both and a real blow to our chances :(. After fighting our ways back up to the mid-pack, we made contact yet again, this time resulting in a spin for me were I collected somebody (I think it was @Sharjeel ? Sorry, there was nothing I could so). This put me a lap down. I kept at it, going as fast as I could in my wounded car when I got handed the lucky dog, how uhm... Lucky :D ! On the final 2 restarts I managed to make some positions, and after a tense 6-7 laps in the end, brought her home in 8th.

That was tremendous alright! I had to try and position myself just right because after damage, I lost a bit of top speed so without the draft, I would have no chance. I tried and line it up just right for the final lap, but you got side-by-side with me into 1 and that was it for me, but a very patient drive more then anything by you. Top job I'd say (both of you!) :thumbsup: Great stuff!

Big, BIG congratulations to my team-mates Tjeerd (SimTech Motorport) and Shane (SimTech International) for there 1-2, and congratulations also to Tobias for 3rd :) . (And a little shout out to Standa who recovered to 4th!

See you all in 2 weeks for the final round (of this season, anyway) at Indy!!! :D:D:D

Shane Burke

Steam: 0w40
That was great! I went too much on wings so I struggled for pace but my restarts were mint! Thanks to @Sherwin van der Sloot for the hard work on set up. All 4 SimTech cars ran beautifully because of him. Can't wait for Indy! Disappointed I missed so many races! Fixed my little issues so I could be on pace this round compared to last one.. Anyway onto Indy :D

Top Bottom