RDIWS | Round 3 - Indianapolis GP

Was not looking forward to this track and felt a bit under prepared. Qualy was still decent and the first few laps were really good. The contact with James was a bit unfortunate. I didnt went full on the limit on the brakes and made contact at the apex. After that may race was gone. Tires took a bit of a hit and I didnt have the pure pace to catch up to the front. So I hoped for the SC which we saw that often in the past rounds, but it never came, but still got P3 in the end. Good damage limitation and some racing at the front :)

Sharjeel

Being 2nd is to be the 1st of the ones who lose.
I wasn't particularly unhappy with my quali pace given the limited amount of practice I had had for this race and my limited experience with this car. The race was a different ball game all together as all my nightmares about getting brake reference points for Turn 1 and Turn 12 wrong came true. It was a pain for me to get the braking points right even during practice but probably a wee more time on this track could have helped develop the muscle memory, as I literally couldn't see the braking boards. Starting lap 3rd or 4th lap on wards, I had off tracks almost every other lap causing flat spotting which compounded my problems. My lap times were outrageously spread out from each other by as much as 4-5 seconds and I can conclusively say now that I hate this track.

I am especially sorry for one of the front runners (didn't see who it was) whose race might have been compromised by me, and will gladly take the penalty that the stewards might deem fit (I am thinking of making an appearance for the last race, so can be applied there). I had an off track on lap 38 but didn't want to compromise any one else's race, so DNFed by choice.

Sherwin van der Sloot

SimTech International - RDLMS#3
A crappy qualifying, a decent race and the a disappointing ending.

I messed up my tires in my first flying lap, and whilst i was able to improve my time a bit, i know i could have been closer to my team-mates who got 4th and 5th, but 9th is still not bad.

Start of the race was nice and clean, a couple people went off ahead of me, giving me the chance to make my way past. When trying to close up to my team-mate Luke, i started struggling with tire wear after just 12 laps, and could do nothing but maintain the gap. After the first round of stops, i found myself in 3rd, some 20 seconds behind the lead pair. The second stint was probably my best in terms of consistency, but i was down on pace.

After my final stop, i noticed i had under-fueled my car! With Fredric 10 seconds behind, i knew i needed some serious luck to keep him behind me, and save enough. In the end, he got passed with 2 to go i believe, and when crossing the line, i realized that in the heath of the moment, i miscalculated and i didn't had to save fuel at all :cry: .

Well, let's roll on with the "500", I am absolutely pumped for that!!!

Chark

500RPM
Premium
That was a bit of a slow burner but the final 10 laps or so chasing down @Valrys and @Chark was absolutely phenomenal stuff.
However, it was worth it for the battle in the second half with Charles and Campbell
Anyway, the racing with @Chark made the race not a total write off (how many corners did we go in a row side-by-side at the end?)
It was great sruff indeed. Baseline is, I knew my pace wasn't that great, so I went for a low-downforce setup and a one-stop strategy. I was saving fuel as much as I could during the second half of the race (I think I was looking more at my fuel mileage than the actual track). I got "lucky" to be a lap down, because there was no way I could have done another one.

I loved the fact that such different stategies gave such a close finish with @Valrys and @Campbell Wallis. Allie, I hope it felt like a fair and square battle to you (even though I had to block quite a lot). It was really intense, as I had to look at fuel, tyres, brakes. I wish fuel mixture would have been available in these cars, because we are pretty close from the real IndyCar experience already.

Oh and of course, thanks to the organizers for the race and the broadcast @Kacper Kolodziejczyk @Davy Vandevenne @Matheus Machado @Lorenzo Bonder

Valrys

100RPM
Premium
I loved the fact that such different stategies gave such a close finish with @Valrys and @Campbell Wallis. Allie, I hope it felt like a fair and square battle to you (even though I had to block quite a lot). It was really intense, as I had to look at fuel, tyres, brakes. I wish fuel mixture would have been available in these cars, because we are pretty close from the real IndyCar experience already.
Yes, it felt completely fair to me. My problems with not being able to get past were down to dirty air and being cautious rather than any blocking you may or may not have done. Not that you didn't defend well, or anything.

Had to stop in the middle of lap 2 or 3. Apparently it wasn't the new set of pedals that caused the problems, it was my PC struggling with temperature. The fps display was consistently above 100, but overheating caused lag anyway. During qualifying stutter wasn't visible it simply affected my breaking markers and reaction time, but during the race I had almost a full second delay... Need to sort my PC before the next event, hopefully it will work fine if I clean it even more thoroughly than before.

Top Bottom