RDIWS | Round 3 - Indianapolis GP

Matt88

100RPM
I did indeed :). Pace hasn't massively improved over these laps, but I got consistency.

Have also upgraded my steering wheel to a t300 GTE and got a gteye spring for my pedals so I have had a lot to adjust to since the last round.

Andrew Harper

2000RPM
Premium
Have also upgraded my steering wheel to a t300 GTE and got a gteye spring for my pedals so I have had a lot to adjust to since the last round.
What's the wheel like my friend? I had a lot of fun modding my '99 Thrustmaster wheel but it's very difficult trying to get it to work with certain games (including RF2 unfortunately).

Was looking at treating myself to a Fanatec in the future but with the whole Euro thing the exchange rate has been hit a little hard at the moment. :rolleyes:

Matt88

100RPM
Amazing wheel. Upgraded form g27, would like to try fanatic but past quality and customer service reviews put me off.

Loving the t300 hours and hours of pleasure. And for the price it's worth it.

TrevorGreenfield

"Backmarker"
There is an opportunity to straightline the 90 degree corner before pit in, continue on the oval, and carry extra speed to begin the next lap. because it does not violate having two wheels off on the same lap, it wouldn't violate those rules. Please clarify, thank you.

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
There is an opportunity to straightline the 90 degree corner before pit in, continue on the oval, and carry extra speed to begin the next lap. because it does not violate having two wheels off on the same lap, it wouldn't violate those rules. Please clarify, thank you.
You have to do the 90 degree corner as:
  1. It would give a speed advantage for the start of the lap
  2. The game will invalidate your next lap automatically, as you have to go through all sector checkpoints to count the outlap.

El-ahrairah

Prince with a thousand enemies
Premium
Well at least this time it only took 5 laps for someone to crash me out... not while I was running in second with <5 laps to go like the last two races.

Improvement i guess.

Dont know who it was and cbf reporting. It doesnt seem to deter people anyway.

Kresh

250RPM
Premium

this is my luck this season. Cant seem to finish a race without connection problems :(

That was a bit of a slow burner but the final 10 laps or so chasing down @Valrys and @Chark was absolutely phenomenal stuff. Just a shame I made an error to get myself lapped right at the end so I didn't get a shot at overtaking.

Bring on the oval!

Valrys

100RPM
Premium
That was a disappointing race in many ways. However, it was worth it for the battle in the second half with Charles and Campbell. Other than that, everything went wrong: forgot qualy was done by laps, not time, and wasted all my laps running full fuel. That left me in 14th, and by the time I picked through the mayhem to end up in 5th, I was something like 30-40 seconds behind the front runners. Then, due to my aero balance being setup badly (and some cack-handedness on the steering wheel), I managed to crash myself into the barrier coming onto the front straight. Embarrassing. Managed to make the exact same mistake later on, but luckily the second time I didn't hit anything.

Scruffy race in general, lots of little mistakes, held one or two people up with the blue flags as well which I'm sorry about. Unfortunate, as I thought my race pace was going to be pretty solid after practice....and it kind of was, I just threw it away.

Anyway, the racing with @Chark made the race not a total write off (how many corners did we go in a row side-by-side at the end?), roll on the rest of the season, let's hope the second half goes better than the first.

Top Bottom