RDIWS | Round 2 - Montreal

Connection Lost, not even 1 lap into the race.
The same happened in the first round, after 37 laps.
Is there something in the settings that I should change as it only happens with RF2?

Massive apologies for royally screwing up the penultimate restart (around lap 48/49). I was keen to stay out the way since I was a couple of laps down but I slowed down way too much where I shouldn't have. Someone went into me and the resulting crash took my rear wing off, so I retired it. I hope it didn't do too much damage to whoever hit me.

Complete misjudgement on my part, sorry guys. I'll accept any penalty the stewards hand down.

TobiasR

Czarleeese Baygio
Premium
Sad about the Disconnect :( Unfortunate results for TDR this time with lots of bad luck.

Valrys

100RPM
Premium
Seems like the Atlantic Motorsport crew chief has been skimming money out of the brake fund to waste on drugs and hookers.

TTupsi

Rules are overrated, choose Wreckfest
Staff
Premium
To put it lightly, I'm absolutely devastated.
There is nothing I can do to undo my mistake nor do my words make any difference but I must offer my sincerest apologies for @Tal . It was 100% my fault and I'm terribly sorry I ruined our good races. I'm even more sorry after having a similar incident with you in Sebring. I'm not a dirty driver, I'm sorry you have had to be the victim of my mishaps.:notworthy:
I was braking exactly where I had been all race but didn't realize I hadn't been behind you yet today so I didn't know your braking points. Should have been more careful.

I will accept any penalties coming my way. I must note that I won't be taking part in the next race anyway so possible penalties will have to carry on to Indy 500.

Other than that major mistake I was having a great day. Starting from P13 I climbed to lead the race briefly and could have challenged for the podium had I not spun when trying to catch Trevor and James.

Sherwin van der Sloot

SimTech International - RDLMS#3
Truly crazy race for me. After announcing what a "crapfest" this would be for me, I would have been very happy with making it to the finish line. Never would I have dreamed I would make up 15 places to come home 6th.

Was my car "crap"? it was less crap after my team-mate Luke got to work on the setup, but I was never 100% comfortable. Was my pace "crap"? Thanks to the above, it was very decent :) . Did I feel like "crap"? Yes, but primarily because it was nearly 30 degree's in my room :sick:. Starting from the back, "crap"? Yes and no. Primarily no for today as it took away any pressure, way nicer driving a car you don't "trust" if there's no pressure.

Crapfest avoided :D:D:D

@Chark , I'm sorry for what happened on the final lap, leading up to the hairpin. I felt I could have a good run on you, but you were going from left to right a bit (I don't think you were trying to block me, probably attacking the car in front) and we just had a little contact, sending you around. In the heath of the moment I don't know exactly what happened, but my apologies go to you, and compliments too for a very good recovery drive after you suffering damage a few times :)

James Wilson

Glazed Donut
I would like to apologise to Evan , @SK I outbraked myself a tiny amount and gave you the tiniest of taps but that's all it took to spin you out so I'm really sorry about that, other than that awesome race guys was tiring for sure

El-ahrairah

Prince with a thousand enemies
Premium
You also nearly took me out a couple of laps earlier into T1. Yeah and also thanks for blocking the road on the exit of T2 rejoining the track. Two races in a row now I'm running 2nd with <10 laps remaining and I get screwed over by others silly behaviour.

EDIT: Updated since context was changed by below

Mod-edit: Removed last sentence due to unacceptable behaviour.

Last edited:

Chark

500RPM
Premium
@Chark , I'm sorry for what happened on the final lap, leading up to the hairpin. I felt I could have a good run on you, but you were going from left to right a bit (I don't think you were trying to block me, probably attacking the car in front) and we just had a little contact, sending you around. In the heath of the moment I don't know exactly what happened, but my apologies go to you, and compliments too for a very good recovery drive after you suffering damage a few times :)
You did have a good run on me indeed, can't blame you from trying. I was in a tricky position where I needed to attack the car in front in order to protect myself from your attack. I knew the guy in front would brake early, so I took an intermediate line (middle of the road) to potentially avoid him and to potentially prevent you from going for the pass. Trying to get the best of both world wasn't the best idea, I understand it must have looked confusing. I can't blame you for what seems to be a race incident. The contact itself was quite light, unfortunate consequences, that's it. Don't worry about it.

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
Remembering: All restart incidents and any incidents caught during the broadcast will be reviewed properly.

Take all negativity and cursing personally. Montreal is not the easiest track to handle.

Thanks for the organizers and all for the nice race.
Luckily my spin was not caught on camera. Was great to have @Ricardo Edelmann as a spotter today made it a lot easier to keep an overview over the race as a one stopper was theoretically possible, but it seems no one opted for that.
Strategy was perfect, Safety Cars came at the correct time for me this time around.
At least I have now 4 weeks time to find some motivation to practice on my most hated track on the calendar Indy GP :D

Not so good memories of my last race there (start at 46:25)

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
Quick to @Valrys , my apologies to you I called you "he" a few times.

I was mistaken and I'm embarrassed :(

I'll call you Allie from now on and will never refer to you by he or she otherwise your fan base might kill me.

Valrys

100RPM
Premium
the race as a one stopper was theoretically possible, but it seems no one opted for that.
Strategy was perfect, Safety Cars came at the correct time for me this time around.
Hey, I was on a one-stop, and I'd have gotten clean away with it if it weren't for those pesky meddling brakes. Only because of the safety car I'd triggered myself though. Sneaky.
Quick to @Valrys , my apologies to you I called you "he" a few times.

I was mistaken and I'm embarrassed :(

I'll call you Allie from now on and will never refer to you by he or she otherwise your fan base might kill me.
Yeah, my fan club, consisting of a single person. Thanks, Little Bro :roflmao: (I didn't actually mind it, everybody on the internet is a guy, even the women and children, but thanks :))

About the disconnections, I did a little search and it would seem it is linked to Nvidia GTX 9xx series cards, but there seems to be no solution.
I have the GTX 970

Last edited:
Top Bottom