RDIWS | Round 1 - Sebring

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
Please, folks let's keep it clean and polite. Any further incidents will be analyzed, last lap too.

Any criticism to live stewarding is open and further Yellow flag logic will be worked on for next race and thrown out to all drivers.

Cheers guys, that was really good fun. I'm absolutely ecstatic with 7th, way beyond even my wildest hopes, and the fact that I got there without any major mistakes over fully two hours of racing (spinning on my own on the final lap was as bad as it got) is really pleasing.

The race itself is a bit of a blur. I was planning a 2 stop from the start (really marginal without any safety cars but thankfully there were a few of them) and somehow avoided a lot of the spills that went on around me. I made it up to 4th at one point, then had a pretty nice Trulli Train for a few laps before the inevitable happened. In the end, I got mugged by @Tobias Röhner on the final restart as I was tentative on cold tyres but 7th is still amazing.

Thanks again everyone, can't wait for Montreal now.

TTupsi

Rules are overrated, choose Wreckfest
Staff
Premium
I made it up to 4th at one point, then had a pretty nice Trulli Train for a few laps before the inevitable happened. In the end, I got mugged by @Tobias Röhner on the final restart as I was tentative on cold tyres but 7th is still amazing.
You really made us behind you work! It seemed like you had much better straight line speed so I couldn't get close enough to make a move to the chicane. Luckily Luke made it through and I decided to make a pretty opportunistic following him.

Sorry guys for causing the last caution. I was following Charles like it was the last day of my life, destroying my front tyres in the process. Just didn't have enough grip coming into T1, hit the curb and wrecked my right rear suspension.

Last lap was crazy, I must watch the replay of it as I battled it out with @Tobias Röhner .
Never would I have thought I'd finish fifth and ahead of Tobias :D

Btw Tobias, I still use the setup you shared back then at Sebring club race ;) With little changes of course.

I'm a bit unsure of how the FCY works. When you announce a FCY you say "Full course yellow in 10 seconds" then the countdown start. I did overtake during the countdown but still received a DT, is this correct? I thought the no overtake rule applied after the countdown and you could still race until then.

I would also like to ask the race director to not speak so fast when announcing something because for someone, who is a non native english speaker, it was hard to understand what was said. Luckily I had my team mate (who is a native english speaker) explaining what what going on.

Other then that I'm happy with the race, see you all next time!

Chris

Administrator
Staff
Premium
YouTube broadcast for those who didn't get a chance to watch it live :)
Thanks again @Davy Vandevenne. My commiserations to those who suffered misfortune, but first rounds are rarely ever incident free.

Congratulations to @Frederic Schornstein on a great win! Love watching these cars!

Formation lap begins at 30:40

Last edited:

TobiasR

Czarleeese Baygio
Premium
I'm a bit unsure of how the FCY works. When you announce a FCY you say "Full course yellow in 10 seconds" then the countdown start. I did overtake during the countdown but still received a DT, is this correct? I thought the no overtake rule applied after the countdown and you could still race until then.

I would also like to ask the race director to not speak so fast when announcing something because for someone, who is a non native english speaker, it was hard to understand what was said. Luckily I had my team mate (who is a native english speaker) explaining what what going on.

Other then that I'm happy with the race, see you all next time!
We understand some of the troubles of yesterday and we're working on having them addressed for Ro2. FCY procedure is being reworked based on feedback from yesterday also :)

Tal

500RPM
Will the safety car restarts be investigated automatically or do I need to file a report as per usual

TobiasR

Czarleeese Baygio
Premium
Last lap was crazy, I must watch the replay of it as I battled it out with @Tobias Röhner .
Never would I have thought I'd finish fifth and ahead of Tobias :D
I had a crazy last lap myself. I think I passed 7 cars before the first corner on that restart, lol. Trying so hard to come back at you but just couldn't quite get a toe.

Kresh

250RPM
Premium
Congratulations to Frederic for the win you were in a league of your own mate and to Luke and Charles for the podium finish.

Want to apologize to Matthew Beavis for getting in the back of him on the second safety car, it was a stupid mistake by me no excuses.

On the third safety car as we were going on speed limiter I reached to get my water bottle and I managed to spill it, while trying to get hold of the bottle I went into the grass I panicked and spun, then trying to avoid incoming car hit the wall and stalled the car. It was a shame as I was enjoying the race, really wanted to finish this one.

It was a fun race until it lasted for me, see you guys next time, cant wait.

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
Hey guys, thank you for the feedback thus far.

Due to the site downside, you can send me and Matheus any incident reports until Thursday at 18:00 GMT.

Also we are planning stuff to make it better for next race. Stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobiasR

Czarleeese Baygio
Premium
Congratulations to Frederic for the win you were in a league of your own mate and to Luke and Charles for the podium finish.

Want to apologize to Matthew Beavis for getting in the back of him on the second safety car, it was a stupid mistake by me no excuses.

On the third safety car as we were going on speed limiter I reached to get my water bottle and I managed to spill it, while trying to get hold of the bottle I went into the grass I panicked and spun, then trying to avoid incoming car hit the wall and stalled the car. It was a shame as I was enjoying the race, really wanted to finish this one.

It was a fun race until it lasted for me, see you guys next time, cant wait.
Classic sim racing retirement haha.

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
Will the safety car restarts be investigated automatically or do I need to file a report as per usual
The full lap after the FCY and Red Zone are automatically analyzed , but if you want to submit a report, you are free to do it.

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
As Tobias said, the FCY procedure is being reworked and proper communication will be one of the priorities:).

Top Bottom