RDIWS | General Discussion

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
The only thing I have to say is I don't think a 20 seconds penalty is enough for a "red zone" restart incident. Each of those shunts could have easily taken out half the field. Maybe something to carry over to the next race.
If it did take out the whole field, it would have been a different penalty. If we live by speculations any contact would be a DQ.
I know it may sound harsh, but if you look at Kvyat incident for example, he had a stop and go for literally taking out a driver. Was it enough to compensate for Vettel, maybe (probably) not, but it was a fair decision.

Of course if it happens again there will be a harsher penalty. As it will clearly demonstrate a specific driver (not naming anyone here) can't handle the proposed race conditions.

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
A correction has been made on the race results due to a wrong 5 second penalty being applied to @Luke Walsh. The only change was Second and Third (@Chark) place swapped positions. Also, now Atlantic Motorsport leads Team Championship.

One question again regarding real road. For Montreal we had the problem that the track was pretty green for a long time. Could we have a bit higher real road multiplier on thr new test server probably for the first week to get a good baseline without using presets or AI?

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
One question again regarding real road. For Montreal we had the problem that the track was pretty green for a long time. Could we have a bit higher real road multiplier on thr new test server probably for the first week to get a good baseline without using presets or AI?
Well get the server up eventually this week, but what do you believe would be a good multiplier? x5, x10?

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
I think for the beginning 10x would be best, so drivers don't have to waste their time getting at least a bit of grip down.
Totally doable and...

People, tag your friends, your wife, your kid, let's try to bring more peeps to race with us, even though last race ending was a whoopie dee doo ending it was a good race nevertheless!

:)

Matheus Machado

Talking Door Racing
It was at 15x during all practice sessions @Frederic Schornstein.
Also, I've set it up in a way the rubber from the previous session would add up to the next one.

It comes down to the amount of laps done in the practice session. If someone wants to send a good rubber preset to use I would be more than happy to include it.

It was at 15x during all practice sessions @Frederic Schornstein.
Also, I've set it up in a way the rubber from the previous session would add up to the next one.

It comes down to the amount of laps done in the practice session. If someone wants to send a good rubber preset to use I would be more than happy to include it.
Ok that is really strange. Maybe ISI changed something or it was down to the track. Usually you get massive build up with 15x. But for last round we had the server quite late, so that could probably lead to a wrong impression.

Lorenzo Bonder

Wah wah.
Ok that is really strange. Maybe ISI changed something or it was down to the track. Usually you get massive build up with 15x. But for last round we had the server quite late, so that could probably lead to a wrong impression.
We can try 10x for some period when we open the Indy GP server later and test our impressions.

Yeah, I completely forgot about a custom skin. I would be grateful if someone could create one for me, because I lost a file with my original design (started on my gf's laptop using photoshop then tried to recreate it in gimp and failed miserably). That said I also don't mind using the default skin. Honestly, if someone wants to create a skin for me then great, but otherwise in happy with what I've got here.;)

As for the name - People can call me Simon, though it might sound unprofessional during streams. ;) I know it's a mouthful. I watched a couple of streams and I noticed how commentators (in this and other leagues) go out of their way to not say my name and, when they do, it sounds differently every time. Always get a little chuckle. :D

Matt88

100RPM
I was wondering mr. @Matt88 and @Szymon Olizarowicz (I SWEAR I'LL GET YOUR NAME RIGHT SOME DAY) don't you want to someone to make you folks a livery for your cars? You're the only two using the default livery in the running field at the moment.
Good point. I intended to do it, but i always find I end up practicing/racing instead. Plus I have no experience creating skins.

If anyone has a skin that they could slap a red number 5 on (the red is essential :)) that would be great.

If not I saw a guide on skinning, so will see what I can conjure up as we have a few weeks till the next round.

@Kresh Sorry for late answer, for some reason Alerts bar didn't inform me about a response. This skin looks awesome and I would be happy to use it. ;) If you could slap number 62 on it, it would be perfect!

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
Staff
IMPORTANT!

The official test / practice server for Round 3 is now available. :)

Please remember to submit any updated skins before the deadline on the Wednesday (29/06) before the race; a new skin pack shall subsequently released on the Thursday (30/06).

Last edited:
Top Bottom