RDiLMS - Summer Tour 2012

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
We are currently experimenting with a new - though honored - league management system for iRacing. Please let us know if you experience any problems using the website by posting a description of the problem below.

Contact Shawn Purdy (iLeagueRace owner) in case of:
  • login problems

is it allowed to use tow button during Qualy?
In a lot of leagues this is not allowed, so you have to be very carefull not to crash your car during qualy, when you crash you can hit tow button, but then qualy is over, or you drive carefully back to the pits, and there tow button can be pushed to repair car.I find this much more realistic.

Yoeri, little question: is auto blip also off? cause we set it on the server like in the info thread, but it works anyway..

thx
I believe the clutch is free for you to set as you like.
is it allowed to use tow button during Qualy?
In a lot of leagues this is not allowed, so you have to be very carefull not to crash your car during qualy, when you crash you can hit tow button, but then qualy is over, or you drive carefully back to the pits, and there tow button can be pushed to repair car.I find this much more realistic.
I haven't really given this a thought. I like the superpole kind of idea, but for now the setting allows you to tow all you like as long as you do not bring it out on track outside your class' ten minutes of fame.

weel..first let me apoligize for maybe the newb questions
1.it seems the prototipe car is fully booked,as i was feeling confortable with that, witch should i choose from Vette or Ford?for a new driver in iracing..i tried them both and it seems that Vette is to much of a beast with default setup...also ford is a beast but more manageble...so?
2.i try to search internet for a good g27 iracing setup,did not find anything that suited me.usuly i use 270 degrees on all cars..but it seem i need to get used to more
3.also i think i am looking for a team mate:d for SRH Xeno Motorosport

ty

1. The default sets for the GT cars are really rubbish so it's hard to judge the car just by the default setup. Choose the car that suits you the most.

2. Set the steering wheel to 900 degrees in windows and iRacing when playing iRacing. That is the best degree setting for iRacing.

900...wow..i was tryin 540 in windows..and i have to turn the wheel allot:)
also some cockpit view changes?

iRacing automatically adjusts the rotation. You never have to rotate a lot, but it will me a lot more precise.
When you have set your rotation to 900 in Windows, recalibrate the wheel in iRacing and make sure it will be set on 900 degrees too. Then you're good to go.

There is only one view and that is the cockpit view :)

I've used 540 for the last year or so and it works nicely for me. The FOV calc doesn't work well for me either, I think I use 65 degrees currently, though anything between 60 & 80 seems to work ok, I actually do base it on being able to see the in-car instruments :).

i just did my first few laps in the Corvette, around Sebring with a @Yoeri Gijsen setup i found :p. i love the car and i some how found it much easier to drive then when i first started racing the Mazda MX5. Can't wait for the first race, gonna be a blast! :D

one question though... on rolling start, is it formation lap like on the ovals, or is it diffrent?
thanks

If it's still ok with Yoeri, I'll put up a host server next Saturday (July 7th) in order to get some practicing and see how this group chime together (especially in traffic).

Event settings
  • Track: Sebring international daylight
  • Open practice: 17:00 GMT (90 minutes)
  • Qualification: 18:30 GMT (we gonna try to simulate the series Q format which go this way: 10mins LMP - 10mins GT1 - 10mins GT2.)
  • Race: 19:00 GMT (1 hour only for this session as official races will be 2 hours)
  • Server farm: NL-Ams
  • Starting type: rolling
  • Fast tows: 1
  • Cautions: full course cautions off
  • Restarts: -
  • Racers/server: 42
  • Hardcore level: Disable all driving aids (but clutch assist ok)
  • Password: To be decided.
Qualification

The qualifcation session has a lenght of 30 minutes in which each of the classes has the track for itself for 10 minutes, while staying in the pits during the other 20 minutes. Once the 10-minute mark is reached the drivers may complete their current lap and are to return to the pit right after (by tow or driving) without obstructing the class that starts qualification.

I would gladly appreciate that those who are looking to participate could confirm it here in this topic. See you on track! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%