RDHPC - Round 3 @ Spa-Francorchamps - Sun 15th February 2015

Yves Larose

Premium
Spa_loading.jpg

All drivers in the main list are expected to show. Absentees who do not report at least 24 hours before the event may find themselves removed from the league.

Trackpack: Download (Same pack as in the download thread)
Skinpack: Download (Same pack as in the download thread)

Event details
Track:
Spa-Francorchamps
Practice: Open from Tuesday 10th February 2015
Qualification: 20.10 GMT ( 30 Minutes, Unlimited laps)
Warm-up: 20.40 GMT ( 5 Minutes)
Race: 20.45 GMT ( 23 Laps ) Mandatory pitstop for a minimum of 2 tires between lap 8 and 14
RDHPC - Pitstop Guide

Server password:
click here
Racing rules: click here

Server settings
Flag Rules:
Black only
Fuel usage: Normal
Tire usage: Normal
Mechanical failures: Time scaled
Type of start: Standing ( No formation lap)
Driving aids allowed: Only auto clutch is allowed

Track map
Spa track map.png

Red Zone -
On Lap 1, the entire start straight and turn 1 to Turn 5 is considered a red zone. This simply means that the replay of the start and turn 1 to Turn 5 will be looked at automatically - any incidents caused by overly aggressive behaviour or rules being broken will be punished harshly. It is a league, so be competitive, but don't destroy other people's races.

Even if you haven't signed up for the entire league it is possible to take part of the races (both of them) to do so you just have to use that format and choose one of the liveries that is not already taken, numbers in blue are the liveries available and numbers in red are already taken.

#2 #5 #8 #9 #11 #14 #17 #19 #23 #26 #34 #44 #45 #46 #52 #58 #59 #61 #68 #69 #70 #77 #80 #81#82 #439 #450 #539 #921 #963

Name:
Car number:

Main entry list
  1. Jarek Kostowski
  2. Silvino Rodrigues
  3. Christian Stanjek
  4. Ghilherme Silva
  5. Sven-Arne Andersson
  6. Ross McGregor
  7. Allan Ramsbottom
  8. Morne Du Plooy
  9. Denis Betty
  10. Hans Sneep
  11. Stig Bidstrup
  12. Peter Stokman
  13. Jack Smith
  14. Phil Shillitoe
  15. Rui F. Martins
  16. Tim Ling
  17. Jernej Simoncic
  18. Ondřej Kapal
  19. Yves Larose
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
Additional sign up
  1. Paul M Jones #82

Reported absents
  1. Enzo Fazzi

Teamspeak is not mandatory but its highly recommended as its makes easier to communicate and to get to know the guy's you race with, its also lots of fun :)

Last edited:
Track bounderies

On this track there is no exceptions, 2 wheels must remain between the 2 white lines at all time. i've made some pics so there will not be doudts about the rules please refer to the track map in the top post to exactly know which corners are in the pics.

Green check sign: legal
Red check sign: not legal

Exit of turn 1
Turn 1 exit.png

Turn 3 - 4 and 5
585613EaurougeRedillion.png

Turn 7 - 8 and 9
161862Turn789.png

Exit of Turn 11
490417Turn11.png

Turn 12
438755Turn12.png

Turn 13 and 14
901867Turn1314chicane.png

Turn 15
154183Turn15.png

Exit of turn 16
521005ExitTurn16.png

Exit of Turn 18
779188Exitturn18.png

Turn 19 and 20
467716lastchicane.png

Last edited:
Another major winter storm heading our way tonight and tomorrow, possibly up to 45 cm of snow, rain, freezing rain and with high winds, so I if I don't attend it most likely will be due to a power outage.

Another major winter storm heading our way tonight and tomorrow, possibly up to 45 cm of snow, rain, freezing rain and with high winds, so I if I don't attend it most likely will be due to a power outage.

lets hope it will not make its way here in Montreal, you can keep all that to yourself Jack :roflmao: altho its not looking it will miss us cause its snowing at the moment :(

I'd just like some clarification about the pit from the entry to the end of the white line. There are soo many lines, dunno which ones can be cut :)

its simple, before the pit lights and after the pit lights all 4 wheels must remain between the white lines inbetween the pit lights (entry and exit) you can cross any of the lines. at the exit of the pits you you cannot cross the white line until it finished. if you want tomorrow i'll show you once on the server.

Ah ok. It seemed natural to me that after the pit exit light, it's normal 2 wheels inside lines rule because it's still far away from the track, but when it rejoins the actual track, the real white line starts and it musn't be touched. I believe it's like that in real world. Well I think many could cut the lines at eau rouge after pit exit, better make sure everyone knows the rules, it's about 1-2 seconds gain :)

The bits of tarmac outside the white lines are also very slippy if memory serves me correctly!

I take it the pit speed limit is in force throughout the 'old' and 'new' pitlanes here? I seem to recall there were bugs where you could go full speed through the 'new' pitlane and not incur a penalty.

the pits speed limit is from the lights just before the pit building (or something like that) to the pit lights at the bottom of Eau Rouge the uphill section of Raidillon is speed limit free.

Almost great race today :p
Quali was great, race started well too and the racing with Ross was fantastic, when I lost the slipstream after the little mistake we were virtually on the same pace. Then I somehow gained 3 seconds and the 1st place at the pitstop....aaaaand it just had to happen, troll subconsciousness told me at the pitlane la source hairpin that the pits are just over and when I realized my fail, I already had 77kph. Slamming the brakes didn't help, welcome drive thru.

Then I had two challenges left - fastest lap and and the highest possible apex speed at Blanchimont, was good fun anyway.
Sorry for spoiling The p1 Battle with the fail xD

Good qualifying, but not far from Jarek. Less than a tenth of a second between us.

Had a good start but was held up by cars in front and didn't want to risk anything in the 'Red Zone' so I held back. Lost a couple of positions to Yves and Jarek on the first lap and then got punted by Stig at the bus stop. I fell well down the field. I kept going and worked my way through the field and had a great battle with Phil.

:thumbsup:

I must have received damage from the punt at the bus stop as I had damage and had a very long stop. 207 seconds or 3.45 minutes plus the journey into and out of the pitlane. Therefore I decided to call it a day. I didn't think I could really salvage anything after being lapped.

Great fun, hope to see you all at Hockenheim!

EDIT: Forgot some screenshots!

16542852685_d39cd9c211_b.jpg

15922631063_f5e9c62b16_b.jpg

15922630143_5f20bd7f02_b.jpg

16542849655_9059a7eeb9_b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%