RDHPC - Round 2 @ Montreal - Sun 8th February 2015

This evening was weird.. I did practice, I was able to do a competitive lap, but I was so struggling with the brakes... First two laps are always good but once they heat up, I have to move the braking zone much further and even then sometimes I am not able to make the corner in the proper way.

All I am trying to say that I did a lot of chicane cutting in the last two corners and none of them were on purpose, I always tried to make it right or at least pull out to not gain a second from it. Sorry for that.

Also, the car just didnt feel right tonight, I dont know what was the cause. It was predictable and then in a second total mad beast it appeared to be. After I screwed up due to it it was OK :D

And BBQ 2 laps before the end in R2. Just not my night. Made some contacts too, from my point of few no major ones, I haven't ruin anybody's race luckily. One little spin for @Denis Betty , but I believe I couldnt do much more to avoid the contact - but quick recover, you were in a minute behind us and due to my mistakes you got the place back :) So I hope that's how it really happened. And congrats to the winner, podium and everyone else who enjoyed the races :)

Well guys, I hope nothing from my side destroyed anything from your side. I really can't say honestly that I enjoyed this round :) But I try to do better next one so I hope I can fix my reputation a bit!

See ya next week

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
This evening was weird.. I did practice, I was able to do a competitive lap, but I was so struggling with the brakes... First two laps are always good but once they heat up, I have to move the braking zone much further and even then sometimes I am not able to make the corner in the proper way.

All I am trying to say that I did a lot of chicane cutting in the last two corners and none of them were on purpose, I always tried to make it right or at least pull out to not gain a second from it. Sorry for that.

Also, the car just didnt feel right tonight, I dont know what was the cause. It was predictable and then in a second total mad beast it appeared to be. After I screwed up due to it it was OK :D

And BBQ 2 laps before the end in R2. Just not my night. Made some contacts too, from my point of few no major ones, I haven't ruin anybody's race luckily. One little spin for @Denis Betty , but I believe I couldnt do much more to avoid the contact - but quick recover, you were in a minute behind us and due to my mistakes you got the place back :) So I hope that's how it really happened. And congrats to the winner, podium and everyone else who enjoyed the races :)

Well guys, I hope nothing from my side destroyed anything from your side. I really can't say honestly that I enjoyed this round :) But I try to do better next one so I hope I can fix my reputation a bit!

See ya next week
NP Ondrej :)

Awesome Race tonight
1.Race
It was a great action in the first race started on 12. position. After first lap I was already on 9th position because of some small accidents between some other cars. In Lap 2 I got passed by @Yves Larose and was back on 10th place. Then @Enzo Fazzi blow his engine I got back on 9th pos. Yves passes @Phil Shillitoe and from this moment Phil and I had a really hard fight up to lap 7.
I could pass him after the long straight in the last chicane. I was for now on on the 7th placed till lap 13 then I set my engine on fire and was really angry about myself because was shifting a couple times to late.

When the quali was running my shiftlight doesn't work and also the ffb nothing helped need to restart the game.
2.Race
I started from 10th grid due to the trouble some drivers caused I could go two positions in front. In lap 3 I was on pos 7 but then I noticed yves and @Jarek Kostowski are in the grid behind me. They passed me in lap 4 so I was back on pos. 9 but still in front of @Sven-Arne Andersson and @Denis Betty up to lap 8. Then I had a little missbrake and Sven could pass me and I wasn't able to catch him anymore had to much fear to blow another engine. Then later I got passed by @Ondrej Kapal but in lap 11 he got into trouble because blocking wheels he had a small accident and loose that place again. Up to the end of the race I could survive on pos 9.
Thanks guys for that nice race
Also thanks to that guys who made this nice broadcast

What can i say, i had a blast :).
R1 got a bit calm once i lost third to Mr.Silva, i didn't have the consitency to stick with him and was pulling away from the rest of the field so i pretty much cruised home without incidents or much action.
R2 was absolutely fantastic but for the wrong reasons. Yves and me were at the receiving end of an unfortunate chain reaction which put me into a spin at t1. After t1 i was in last position (Yves 1 or 2 cars in front) and what came next was pretty much an almost continuous 14 or 15 lap duel while chasing through the field with Mr.RDHPC himself.
So much fun, the race went by in a flash.
Great racing @Yves Larose , looking forward to your revanche at Spa, you should have the edge there as it's a track i like to avoid. But i will practice :cool:.

Grats to the winners, Jernej again showing crazy pace with a clutch & shifter :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Hats off to @Yuri Kasdorp for having the balls to run the show on his own, well done mate!
Thanks for another great round to racers & staff, Spa server can't come soon enough, think i'll have to do double the practice this week to be remotely competitive.

Grats to the winners, Jernej again showing crazy pace with a clutch & shifter :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Hehe thanks :) Em, about clutch & shifter, DFGT is all I have, and in the rF upgrades menu I've got the setting for 2 pedals and manual throttle when up and downshifting, with auto clutch off(tried also with on, but there's no difference at all). And the sector 3 at Montreal was awful for me, Ross was gaining like 4 tenths on the straight alone. I checked the onboards and saw that when I shift, I gotta wait much longer to go back on throttle, otherwise it just overrevs.

Hehe thanks :) Em, about clutch & shifter, DFGT is all I have, and in the rF upgrades menu I've got the setting for 2 pedals and manual throttle when up and downshifting, with auto clutch off(tried also with on, but there's no difference at all). And the sector 3 at Montreal was awful for me, Ross was gaining like 4 tenths on the straight alone. I checked the onboards and saw that when I shift, I gotta wait much longer to go back on throttle, otherwise it just overrevs.
Oh well, i was sure you were H-shifting because your rpm needle moves like it should. Still great racing!
Yes, the way some people are changing gears (luckily it's the exception in our league) they gain a bit of an advantage on the straights. In testing i was almost a second quicker than with a clutch & shifter at Montreal.
But please understand that i'm not going to tell here how to do it as i personally see it as a questionable and unrealistic method of gaining an edge over the competition.

No matter if paddles or clutch and shifter, the shift break and need to lift shouldn't be omitted out of fairness to the people that drive the car properly, at least that's what i think ;).

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000