RDHPC - Round 1 @ Sebring - Sun 1st February 2015

Enzo Fazzi

Always sideways
Premium
Had a lot of fun, however, I wasn't very consistent. Crashing (although I did bring the car home) in race 1 and blowing up my engine in race 2.
Goals for next week: More practice, more consistency and more points! And no DNFs ofcourse. :p

Last edited:

Stig Bidstrup

Jarek says " 900 degrees of rotation "
Premium
Race 1 : didn't expect to mush since I remember a club race on this track where I over a week couldn'
come to grip with this track, in the same cars actually.
Had a fairly good start from ninth , came up to Mr. du PLooy and Allan in 5th and 6 with in 2laps
then I had awesome figth with Mr. du plooy and Allan that lasted several laps ,ending with me making a little gap to du plooy , I could see allan settling in with a fast steady pace...so I just couldn't catch him ,Race 2 : in Quali I did a wrong setup change that made me 1,5 sec slower..10 or 11 spot,
in warmup I left the game to change engine ( don't now if it does any Difference) when I re enterd
I was placed last on the GRID in the Race :( so the first 2 laps was a bit frantic--I ended up with
du Plooy again and Fazzi I belive it was, around 6-8 spot and again I had a fantastic figth with du plooy then I started to gain on Sven-Arne in 5 spot ( slowly ) some laps later he made a mistake in
the long right , left hander before the straight, terminating his car, from there I was alone in 5th to the end, Grats to Ross for the win, always a pleasure to see him drive a Porsche :thumbsup:

Stig Bidstrup

GRAB_002.JPG

Last edited:

Ross McGregor

Former Editor of Traxion.GG
Premium
... But this time I finished Stig!

I love these cars and Sebring, so I was in my element. Unfortunately I was just too late for a post-race interview, otherwise I would've been fine to do it. (I generally have a 5 min cool down after any race just to gather my thoughts a little) maybe it would be a good idea to play some sort of trailer or ad just after the race while everyone sorts themselves out?

The races were good fun, and I was pushing quite hard in race 2 (perhaps too hard at timed)

Thanks to Thomas, Yves and anyone else that has a hand in making this series happen. I look forward to watching the broadcast!

-----------------------------
In-Depth Results
-----------------------------

Absolutely brilliant stuff yesterday!
I didn't have time to practice much this week, in club racing i was running low 16's with this combo. In yesterdays races i was constantly pushed (or actually pulled) to new pb's by the quick competition.
In R1 i got down to a 15.2, still i couldn't hold on to the 3 leaders, got a bit sloppy after lap 8 and the gap got bigger & bigger.
In R2 i further improved my pb to a 14.9 (Edit: Just noticed in the in-depth results that this is incorrect, it was a 14.9 in R1, 15.0 in R2), kept it together for most of the time and with Silvino getting a bit sloppy at times i could attack every now and then which resulted in a great battle for P3, close and clean. Great racing @Silvino Rodrigues .
Fun fact of the race: Mr. Rodrigues actually went past and grabbed 3rd for half a second in the very last corner of the race, but i had a slightly better exit :).

I feel a bit violated by @Ross McGregor though :D. You seemed to be in a hurry. Unbelieveable speed, really. Also impressed by the pace Gui & Jernej are showing with proper H-shifting & clutch and without driving aids, respect for driving the car like it should be driven and still leaving most of us in the dust :thumbsup:.

@Thomas Hinss & @Davy Vandevenne great job with the broadcast, once again!
Yep, the engines are fragile and only survive a few seconds on maximum revs but the main reason why we have a barbecue every now and then is the lack of rev limiters on those babies.
Paired with the fact that many of our club regulars are running with a shifter (no matter the pace) you get fireworks occasionally: Miss a gear once or twice and you're done, hit the wrong gear when downshifting, done again. You can "flatshift" with paddles all day and you'll be fine, if using an H-pattern gearbox one or two gearchanges without lifting and it's race over, too.

Thanks for the fun, can't wait for round 2.

Last edited:
Great nights racing...Thats what its all about..
not going into THE FOUR..yes you no who you are:whistling::whistling:..but where praise is due you FOUR, well three had some good battles..
RACE 1..5th on grid,was happy with that..good start held my own..@Stig Bistrup up close @Morne Du Plooy fighting three ways..great stuff guys:thumbsup::thumbsup:..settled in and started slowly pulling away to fin in 5th so im happy.
Race 2..another 5th on pole,but a spin on turn 4 an im dwn to 13th :mad::cry:..clawed my way up 2 11th,good battle with @Enzo Fazzi ,then after @Phil Shillitoe chasing for 9th, which came when @Sven-Arne Andersson retired with suspension i think..
Bring on Round 2 lol,Big thanks to @Yves Larose, the commentators,,and of course the guys who raced..

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000