RDHPC - Download links

Yves Larose

Premium
Historic Porsche cup promotional copy.png

In this thread you will find all the download links that are necessary to take part of the league, you will also find some other links to some useful things. the track download links will also be posted in each round thread.

Necessary downloads
Historic GT & touring cars v1.96 it is recommended that you use a fresh install of rFactor
Pitbox allocations fix
Skinpack
(Simply extract in your main rFactor folder)

Tracks
Trackspack

in this pack you have all the tracks for the championship, simply extract in your main rFactor folder. in the track selection menu they will be under "RDHPC Tracks" if you already have a version of a track install the RDHPC ones won't conflict with the one you already have so no need to uninstall it.

Useful things
rFDynHud (
Game hud overlay)
Gid (Game hud overlay)

Note: the use of XD is not recommended as create a problem for the engine health.

if you need any help with one of those things just post in this thread and either a staff member or a member will be able to help you.

Last edited:
@Yves Larose
I just completed a full reinstall of HistorX, a dedicated install. I added rfdynhud, because I use that on GSC, and that's what I am used to, but I keep getting an error when I try to open the editor. (Attached)

Any ideas please?

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 455

Yves Larose

Premium
Yes, I have Java 6 installed, and I downloaded the rfdynhud linked in this thread :/

i assume that you have followed the install instructions to the letters ? and i assume that it work just fine in GSCE ? i use an older version of the programme and i know that it have changed a little so i'll have to take a closer look at it. give me a few days ;)

Jack Smith

Premium
@Yves Larose or @Jarek Kostowski

I going to attempt to download the skin pack and the track pack but I need one point of clarification. I have two installs of rFactor ... one called HistoricGT( our mod ) and one called rFactor ( original unmodified ). I know where to place the track pack ..... in the rFactor install ..... but should the skin pack go in the same installation of rfactor or in the modded HistoricGT install.
Thanks for a reply.

Stig Bidstrup

Jarek says " 900 degrees of rotation "
Premium
@Yves Larose or @Jarek Kostowski

I going to attempt to download the skin pack and the track pack but I need one point of clarification. I have two installs of rFactor ... one called HistoricGT( our mod ) and one called rFactor ( original unmodified ). I know where to place the track pack ..... in the rFactor install ..... but should the skin pack go in the same installation of rfactor or in the modded HistoricGT install.
Thanks for a reply.
in your Historic GT install :coffee: in the Porsche 911 folder you put the RDHPC folder.
..if it is wrong I will fly to Canada and say sorry...

Last edited:
@Yves Larose
Don't quote me on that one as it was years ago but i'm pretty sure i remember reading that you get better framerates by using the standalone method and pointing it to the tracks of a main rF install.
Something about keeping the HGTTC as slim as possible was the explanation iirc.

I use the same install Method as Yves :cool::p
Well, if you did all the plr, ini & options changes you should still have everything set up correctly.
I looked for the quote but couldn't find it, so maybe i'm seeing things, this is all the manual says about the issue:
"This installation method is not recommended though. While the HGT&TC mod will work this way, you will have to restart rFactor every time you change from another mod to play HGT&TC, as the user interface is not loaded automatically when you change mods. Other issues may appear also as result of sharing the same rFactor folder."
But if you don't install other mods anyway both are no issue.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.2%
  • €3001-5000