RDHGP S5 - Media thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
What is this?

This is the RaceDepartment Historic Grand Prix Media thread. In here everyone can post their movies and screenshots.

Notes
  • Please resize images/screenshots to roughly 640 pixels width.
  • Movies may be embedded.
  • Please do not post reactions or requote someone's post.
  • Please click the Thanks button to express your undoubted appreciation.

Some action from last round :tv: good fun with watching. :)

Ok, to more interesting things now.

Jesus, Andreas, I have no idea where you find 4 seconds on that tiny little track. I barely managed mid 1:10s in practice, even worse in quali and race. And we have the same car, and you can't change much on it, so the setup shouldn't be that different... I'm in awe.

With 1:10 you loose only 2 sec, so here my hotlap from the race to compare. Most important should to stay on the right line with not much drifting and "Don´t brake too late" !

Right guys, here it is round 3 highlights in HD. Now while making this video it dawned on me what a great race it was with many battles throughout the field which I feel will make it one of the races talked about when reflecting back on season 5. So, when putting the thing together I found before I was halfway through the race that the 10 mins youtube allowance was already up. This got me head scratching to work out what I would have to leave out to fit the whole race in all within 10mins. After much thought & deliberating I couldn't bring myself to remove any of the content already in the movie, so what was I to do, then it dawned on me why not put the race down in two parts, so this is what I did to give justice to what I think was a trully awesome race, raced by great drivers.

So you wouldn't have to wait for part 2, I have already done this and uploaded it so now just sit back and enjoy this fantastic race in all its glory.

Part 1:

Part 2:

I am all the time disappointed every video report here, where I am not.
And its every video.
I am just noob who does not deserve the place there.
Well..... I did my own story, just about me.
My fights.
My 3-4 minutes of the only action I had so far.
In the last race.

(lol keep an eye on that like on a joke please! :D)

Recorded on 1680x1050

maybe are you asking why I put music there... maybe are you asking why its just looking like that... I try to explain - I don't want something like you already have here, some kind of reports. They are great btw :) I just want to put something else here - hope you will enjoy this my first try about something and I am honestly proud for the last 2 minutes

Here we are back again for round 4 highlights. Once again due to the high caliber of driving and top notch action on track we had some tough decisions to make when putting together these highlights. It became apparent after looking at all the highlights and putting together the movie that 50% of them were going to end up on the cutting room floor. So with this in mind I approached the producer to make him aware & after some heated discussions we decided to approach the HGP committee. Upon showing them & again with long into the night discussions we all came to the same conculsions that being, it would be a shame to throw away or resign to the cutting room floor, such great action. So with out further ado and no expense spared, we bring you round 4 in two parts for your visual pleasure.

Part 1:

Part 2:

I am all the time disappointed every video report here, where I am not.
And its every video.
I am just noob who does not deserve the place there.
Well..... I did my own story, just about me.
My fights.
My 3-4 minutes of the only action I had so far.
In the last race.

(lol keep an eye on that like on a joke please! :D)

Recorded on 1680x1050

maybe are you asking why I put music there... maybe are you asking why its just looking like that... I try to explain - I don't want something like you already have here, some kind of reports. They are great btw :) I just want to put something else here - hope you will enjoy this my first try about something and I am honestly proud for the last 2 minutes

guys I probably deleted my acc on YT so I uploaded my videos once more, for those who haven't seen this before or want to you can do it from here, sorry for the issue

Here we are again for round 5 highlights from Birmingham GP. As noted before the driving and track action proved to be excellent again which put pressure putting it all into one video. Once again the producer was approached to see if it would be possible to extend the coverage and after carefully reviewing the footage agreed once again to allow extra coverage. So again for your viewing pleasure we bring you all the action over 2 parts and all at no extra cost to the viewer. Sit back and enjoy the coverage of this great race.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Here we are again for round 6 highlights from the famous Silvertone circuit. For this round we had to overcome many obstacles during prodution. The first was a major software issue since a recent upgrade and the prodution team spent many days working 24/7 to resolve these issues, thanks guys. The second and more familiar one was trying to sort out what & what not to put in. After further consulting with the RDHGP director it was demmed not to leave any of the footage on the cutting room floor. This immediately put us infront of the RDGHP committee to explain again, why we had extended the program and after showing them the footage they all agreed this was the proper thing to do and also told us that for the rest of the season we had the go ahead to extend the coverage as we see fit due to the top class driving and action that was being delivered and the growing popularity of the show. So without further ado sit back and enjoy round 6 highlights from this historic Silverstone circut.

Part 1:

Part 2:

So, here we are at the penultimate round of season 5. Highlights of round 7 from Circuits de Charade which proved to be another all action race. Once again we tried to condense all the action into one video but as before we found too much footage being wasted on the cutting room floor. So as before with the previous rounds we just managed to squeeze this into 2 video's but this was tough. As we had got permission from the RDHGP board before there was no need to get the go ahead. So sit back, relax & enjoy this exciting race brought to you for your veiwing pleasure.

Part 1:

part 2:

P.s. Due to all the racing that has taken place over the last week or two we apologise for the delay bringing you these highlights. We are now working on the final race of the season & hope to bring you the highlights of it in about 7 days time.

So finally we reach the season finale, round 8 at 67' Mount Panorama. So with track conditions perfect the race took place, & what a race it was. From the footage we got we just knew this was going to take more than one video to capture the race so settled in to putting it down in two. Things were going well but as we approached the end of the second video we noticed we still had a lot of coverage left. As this was the season finale & a double length race we had no option but to add a further video so we could show all the best bits from the race. This didn't go down to well with the RDHGP board but when they saw the footage they had to agree even though it would add to the cost of air time. Also with the extra time we had now got we at the media team have added something special at the end which I hope all will agree is a fitting end to what has been a very memorable season 5 in the RDHGP league.

As a side note, we at the media team would just like to point out that for the first time this season we have included a couple of incidents that took place during the race from other drivers perspective. The reason behind this decision, & one not taken lightly, was they were paramount to the action taking place.

So for the last time this season, grab your popcorn, sit back & relax & for your veiwing pleasure we bring you highlights from the season 5 finale which was round 8 at the 67' Mount Panorama circuit, Bathurst, Australia.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

P.s. The media team would like to thank all those that supplied their replay files, without which a lot of the footage you have seen in the season highlights video's would not have been possible, so once again THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%